: New Cadillac key Cadillac logo fell off

ESCALADE132
11-17-11, 01:08 PM
I had a spare key made at the Cadillac dealership well the logo fell off and I called them to see if they would replace it since I only had it made a few months ago. The parts guy said it's not covered under warranty or anything else, if there was a electronic problem or something they would. So I said I go to Cadillac and pay $50 for a key and there's nothing you can do he said no. That's ridiculous, I should have bought one of eBay!! I expected more from Cadillac after the price is paid for my Escalade

stater02
11-17-11, 01:35 PM
I just bought a 2010 Lux with a Certified Warranty. The owner before me gave me all his service records and while he hasn't had to do much, I did notice that one of the things that happened was that the Caddy badge fell off his key FOB. Well didn't that ole sonuvagun march into the dealership and demand a new one. He said they gave him a hard time on some of it, but you have to be persistent and they'll honor it. Silly that you spend thousands on these contracts and then you have to work hard to get the dealerships to honor them.

So far I'm loving my first Caddy, but reading the posts on here, I'm a little worried and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

hannity
11-17-11, 01:43 PM
gm quality and service gotta love it :smh: It's a small thing, but every little thing matters when you spend your hard earned money.

krieghoff
11-17-11, 04:44 PM
I just bought a 2010 Lux with a Certified Warranty. The owner before me gave me all his service records and while he hasn't had to do much, I did notice that one of the things that happened was that the Caddy badge fell off his key FOB. Well didn't that ole sonuvagun march into the dealership and demand a new one. He said they gave him a hard time on some of it, but you have to be persistent and they'll honor it. Silly that you spend thousands on these contracts and then you have to work hard to get the dealerships to honor them.

So far I'm loving my first Caddy, but reading the posts on here, I'm a little worried and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

One of the big problems with all forums is that for every 100 people who like something there are 2 that don't.

Those are the only ones you hear from!

hcvone
11-17-11, 05:42 PM
One of the big problems with all forums is that for every 100 people who like something there are 2 that don't.

Those are the only ones you hear from!

You are 100% correct, after almost 20 years of moderating forums I still get the biggest laugh from owners who never research the car/truck they are buying, then spend the next few years bitching what options and things their car/truck does not have, a little research would have done some good, then make fools out of themselves telling members how much better every car/truck is than the one they purchased, the really funny thing is they never owned the next "better car/truck" , they only think it's better because it's made in Euro land, then purchase the other car/truck only to return to ownership of the brand they bitched about only a few years before, yea it really happens.

MrHolland
11-17-11, 06:11 PM
So allow me to play devils advocate. I am in no way insinuating that you are this person, but there are people in this world that will try to get something for nothing. A classic example of this can be found in the "Free 2011 Nav Disc" thread. I don't know who but I can assure you that there are those people trying to procure a new nav disk in some manner other than honest, probably by claiming they are the original owners of a particular car. That dishonesty alone can have a negative impact on the consumer prices. Those types of people make it very difficult for the rest of us that are honest and hard working and are trying to get ahead in life. I'm not saying that dishonesty is running rampant in here or anywhere else but rather, its not unheard of. When I walk into my local dealership and request a replacement key for one that was purchased a few month earlier due to a current a cosmetic flaw, they might think I'm simply trying to get something for nothing. Who knows, a half hour prior a customer could have walked in and requested a replacement key after he purposely pealed the Cadillac emblem off of it because he was having a bad day. Thats not a likely scenario, but its also not impossible. For the majority, businesses are not out to get us, they are just out to protect themselves from us.

Please take no offense to my post, I was just playing devils advocate and in no way directed any of my comments at any specific person,,,,,,except of course those trying to get "something for nothing."

luxurylife33
11-17-11, 06:43 PM
The argument is not to get something for nothing. The argument is you pay for a $60,000 truck, you expect the dealer to warranty things that go bad. Same idea with the key, you pay $50 for a key, you expect the logo would not fall off in a few months. Something for nothing would be a person walking into a dealership and asking for a cadillac key, when they dont even own a cadillac.

luxurylife33
11-17-11, 06:45 PM
But that nav disc thread is a whole different story!

hcvone
11-18-11, 07:24 AM
Many dealerships would have gave you a new key, and some would not, it doesn't matter what you spent, just some dealerships work better than other with their customers, and yes E-Bay will be the best deal most of the time.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-18-11, 09:25 AM
Escalade132,
Which dealership were you working with about this issue? Do you happen to have their phone number and address? Would you also send me your VIN number? I would like to look into this for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

ESCALADE132
11-21-11, 12:33 PM
Why has Cadillac customer service banned?

ESCALADE132
11-21-11, 04:47 PM
Called Cadillac customer service and they called the dealer that would not give me a new key but as soon as Cadillac called they said sure no problem bring it to us and we will replace it. Only after Cadillac called!

RippyPartsDept
11-21-11, 05:16 PM
it's like knowing your rights when you're talking to law enforcement ... if you don't then they will work you over ... if you do then they will respect you (usually)

similarly, if you had known the details of GM's parts warrranty and B2B warranties then when they said "no" initially to you then you could have said "but it states in my warranty..."

it was probably just due to ignorance, since they're going to get it covered by warranty

also, mrholland: great reasoned counterpoint ... very well stated

hcvone
11-21-11, 07:23 PM
Called Cadillac customer service and they called the dealer that would not give me a new key but as soon as Cadillac called they said sure no problem bring it to us and we will replace it. Only after Cadillac called!

Well that is good they are replacing it :)

MrHolland
11-21-11, 09:05 PM
it's like knowing your rights when you're talking to law enforcement ... if you don't then they will work you over ... if you do then they will respect you (usually)

similarly, if you had known the details of GM's parts warrranty and B2B warranties then when they said "no" initially to you then you could have said "but it states in my warranty..."

it was probably just due to ignorance, since they're going to get it covered by warranty

also, mrholland: great reasoned counterpoint ... very well stated
Thank you sir!!

hannity
11-23-11, 10:53 AM

Good. :thumbsup: The dealer failed to see that if they don't stand behind the product that you can easily shop their competitor when it's time for your next car purchase.