: Pandora!!!! Yes!!

daddie2k3
11-17-11, 12:33 PM
This means no xm after my year is up...back to the topic at hand...I don't know if new iOS on iPhone or new pandora update but I notice the album art on lock screen and a few more changes so I thought I would try it in car via USB and yes it works full function like its playing through iPod app and even shows music info as if saved on iPod or on XM...I'm too excited right now...I hope this helps somebody else

P.S. I have iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1 and navi in car

Marc NY
11-17-11, 05:22 PM
Hmmm I will have to give that a try... I too have the new iPhone 4s.

daddie2k3
11-17-11, 08:25 PM
You won't be sorry!...I truly believe its the new update of pandora so make sure you go app store and update if you haven't in the last week or so

steve2okc
11-17-11, 11:49 PM
Can you Bluetooth pandora to to the radio

TheCaptain
11-18-11, 11:02 AM
I wish pandora was available in Canada... I logged in and it just said "ip is drawing from out of country. no access is permitted" or something similar.

daddie2k3
11-18-11, 02:40 PM
Steve...I have bluetoothed one song through pandora a long time ago but it popped up gmusicdevice instead of your vehicle and I havent got it to come up again so I use USB and charge at same time

Captain...sorry to hear that maybe you can try some other free internet radio app such as aol,slacker,tune in, and iheart...I pretty much tried all of them and they all work but no dash info other than pandora and I knew pandora was the must popular

rdfrahm
11-28-11, 10:19 PM
Awesome! I just played Pandora in my 2010 SRX via my iPhone 4S...beautiful! Now if I could just control my SRX via my iPhone like the 2011...

Rich

daddie2k3
11-28-11, 10:23 PM
That's great Rich!, glad it works for you as well

TheCaptain
11-28-11, 11:55 PM
Yea, i tried slacker, and it... well... slacker is a good name for it. The other too my App world can't find.
Besides, i'm happy with my XM. I can hear new tunes on it.

I do wonder how CUE will work though, for 'export' Cadillac's where Pandora isn't available. Do we just get an icon that doesn't work? :(

stevec5375
11-29-11, 06:24 PM
For those of you claiming to get Pandora to play on the SRX I would like some clarifications please.

1. Is your phone connected via Bluetooth, USB, or Aux-In ?

2. If Bluetooth, can you also make and receive phone calls via Bluetooth while Pandora is playing?

If #2 is true, what model year do you have?

If #2 is true and you have model year 2010, how did you make this work? I have a 2010 and an Android phone and you can either pair the phone as a phone or as a music device but not both. This is an 2010 SRX limitation and has nothing to do with the phone.

rdfrahm
11-30-11, 01:15 AM
Well, I'm not 'claiming' this....it's just a fact...I can play Pandora on my iPhone 4S, connected to my SRX sound system via USB. I have not tried Bluetooth. Since finding this, I also tried it on the Apline stereo in my '85 RX-7 and what do you know...it works there too!

Rich

For those of you claiming to get Pandora to play on the SRX I would like some clarifications please.

1. Is your phone connected via Bluetooth, USB, or Aux-In ?

2. If Bluetooth, can you also make and receive phone calls via Bluetooth while Pandora is playing?

If #2 is true, what model year do you have?

If #2 is true and you have model year 2010, how did you make this work? I have a 2010 and an Android phone and you can either pair the phone as a phone or as a music device but not both. This is an 2010 SRX limitation and has nothing to do with the phone.

SoftballDad
11-30-11, 09:56 AM
With some experimentation and luck, I got Pandora to work in my SRX (2010 Luxury, non-Navi) this past week with my Droid 2. I have only used Pandora in the SRX a few times and am still learning. In my case, I am able to use Bluetooth connectivity, but have not been able to get USB to work with Pandora. There are 2 Bluetooth devices to pair- GMusicConnect and General Motors. Once those are paired, you may need to use the phone's Bluetooth settings to connect both at the same time. I select AUX on the infotainment system to listen to Pandora.

Some things I have found...
- The (non-Navi) infotainment display does not show Pandora/song information.
- I am able to make and receive phone calls originating on my Droid via Bluetooth using the SRX's infotainment system while using Pandora. I believe the song is paused during a phone call. Don't know what would happen if using the OnStar Hands-Free Calling minutes, but guessing it wouldn't be paused.
- The Droid's Navigation app and Pandora can simultaneously use the SRX's speakers.
- The SRX's pause/play button works with Pandora.
- The steering wheel's "^" button skips to the next Pandora song.
- After Pandora is playing, I'm able to plug the phone into the USB port for charging.

gregcpx
11-30-11, 12:25 PM
This may all depend on what bluetooth profiles the car's radio supports vs what profiles your phone supports.
Anyone know what profiles the SRX radios support?

This may also depends on your service (cell provider). I would suspect that Verizon and Sprint you will not be able to make a phone call and listen to pandora at the same time (due to CDMA) but might be possible on AT&T (GSM).

JimmyH
12-03-11, 02:36 PM
Bear in mind, some phones won't support a2dp and handsfree bluetooth profiles concurrently. So you may have to choose between phone and music over bluetooth.

rdfrahm
12-05-11, 04:39 PM
I just discovered that it is not just Pandora that will play through the SRX sound system. I've been listening to Sky.fm alot on my computer so decided to download the iPhone app and have been listening on the phone lately. I just tried it in the SRX and what do you know? It works! Sweet.

Rich