: Should I get fuel injector clean?

turnerbend
11-16-11, 07:22 PM
Taking my 05 V6 STS in tomorrow to check power steering pump (warranty). While in I will have the oil change. The dealer suggest having the fuel system flush and injectors cleaned. Is this needed at 21,000 miles? If not when should this be done?

Cadjiek
11-16-11, 07:33 PM
Sounds like somebody is trying to make a little extra cash!! I've got 24,000 on my 07 v6 and it still runs as smooth as the day i bought it. My dealer has never even suggested a cleaning to me.

KRSTS
11-16-11, 08:49 PM
NO! Big profit center for some dealers. Just put a bottle of Chevron Techron in before each oil change and use Top Tier gas.

MacMuse
11-17-11, 12:39 AM
Skip it. I believe it's on the 50,000 mile list of recommended actions.

That said, if you feel off the line normal acceleration is off those can be useful.

mckellyb
11-17-11, 12:44 AM
There are "fuel injector cleaning agents" in every grade of name brand gasoline.

If you feel the need, drop a bottle of Techron in once a year, from the local auto parts store.

turnerbend
11-17-11, 05:27 PM
Went to dealer this morning and told them to change oil and check power steering pump and do ever how many points check they do. The power steering pump was ok as to pressure and compared to other like vehicles ( seem a little stiff to me). All point was ok no leaks, no codes. All is well : Cost: $105.77.

Subsailor613
11-17-11, 06:56 PM
Sounds like you got a good deal, for what they did !
The steering is a little stiff because, it "IS" a Rack and Pinion,
also it is relatively NEW, over 50,000 miles, it may loosen up a little !
Have Fun with your expensive TOY ! :cloud9::cool2::cool2:

mckellyb
11-17-11, 07:02 PM
You'll notice low power steering pump pressure. The wheel becomes difficult to turn quickly, mid-turn.

turnerbend
11-18-11, 11:21 AM
You'll notice low power steering pump pressure. The wheel becomes difficult to turn quickly, mid-turn.
The wheels are never difficult to turn, it just seems to be stiff when setting still. It was not a problem,(wife never notice it). Had the car for several years and it been that way for at least 4 years.
Just decided to get it checked.