: Aftermarket Backup Camera?

SomeGuyNamedJay
11-16-11, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know the best product or have any recommendations on installing a backup camera on my 2011 SRX Base? There aren't any OEM options available, are there?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

inspectorudy
11-17-11, 02:24 AM
I bought one for my Avalanche that replaces the rear view mirror with a mirror that has the monitor in it. It also has the temp and compass. Make sure if you go this route that you get the largest monitor you can. There are some 5 inches wide or more on the market now. Mine also came with backup warning sensors all for about $250. I suspect the OEM wiring is probably the same for all cars so the camera wiring might be in place. Almost any camera will be better than the one our cars came with.

SomeGuyNamedJay
11-17-11, 09:44 AM
Thanks inspectorudy! The rearview mirror replacement sounds like the way to go. Who makes the model you have? Sounds great!

inspectorudy
11-17-11, 05:52 PM
The maker is called K source. If you Google it it will show you their products. Be sure and go with the newer model that has a bigger screen and has brightness and color controls for the monitor. Check out ebay. There are a whole lot of different models there a;though you must be careful not to get some of the Chinese junk that has not warranty.

Lenny Gomez
11-18-11, 06:05 PM
You can use the GVIF-SRX that will get you Video Input into the OEM Screen so you can add a Backup Camera -

SomeGuyNamedJay
11-21-11, 10:53 PM
I did a search for GVIF-SRX and came up with nothing... Sounds interesting though, what is it?

MnMs
11-24-11, 10:07 PM
Gigabit Video InterFace is a video interface developed by Sony in 1996.