: Has anyone installed the Caddy Stainless Steel Door Sill Plates or Door Step Shields?

ELUSIVE
11-16-11, 12:10 PM
I can't seem to find pictures of these other than the standard pictures anywhere.
It also looks there are 2 different types:

1) Door Sill Plates - Front and Rear Sets, Cadillac Script Logo on Front Set, Brushed Stainless Steel. Part # 17802526
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/app_get/getImage?image_id=07CAES00228_B&app_name=gmaz_accy&width=250&height=250&type=jpg

2) Door Step Shields - Front and Rear Sets, Brushed Stainless Steel. Part # 17802415
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/app_get/getImage?image_id=06_CHE_AVA_DSP_01_B&app_name=gmaz_accy&width=250&height=250&type=jpg

Anyone installed these. How do they look?
Any pictures?

Thanks!

MrHolland
11-16-11, 02:13 PM
Someone also produces a sill plate with the word Cadillac written on it and its illuminated when the door is open. In answer to your question, no I haven't installed any but I am interested in the illuminated version.

hcvone
11-16-11, 02:56 PM
Have seen them listed for 2002-2006, there are some aftermarket ones

http://www.carid.com/2007-cadillac-escalade-door-sills/stainless-illuminated-92870.html

Seems to be one
http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-door-sill-plate-kit-illuminated-19171556.html

MrHolland
11-16-11, 03:04 PM
The sills from CarId are the ones I've seen. I wish they had some that said Platinum instead of Cadillac. Would be a nice touch!!!

hcvone
11-16-11, 04:42 PM
The sills from CarId are the ones I've seen. I wish they had some that said Platinum instead of Cadillac. Would be a nice touch!!!

I agree 100%

Big Windy Ext
11-16-11, 05:06 PM
Custom ones are available. $520.00 seems pricey.

MrHolland
11-16-11, 06:45 PM
WHOA!!!!!, Custom is $720!!!!!! These would be for my wife,,,,I might need to re-evaluate this relationship... Hahaa!!

Mike06train
11-16-11, 07:58 PM
I can't seem to find pictures of these other than the standard pictures anywhere.
It also looks there are 2 different types:

1) Door Sill Plates - Front and Rear Sets, Cadillac Script Logo on Front Set, Brushed Stainless Steel. Part # 17802526
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/app_get/getImage?image_id=07CAES00228_B&app_name=gmaz_accy&width=250&height=250&type=jpg

2) Door Step Shields - Front and Rear Sets, Brushed Stainless Steel. Part # 17802415
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/app_get/getImage?image_id=06_CHE_AVA_DSP_01_B&app_name=gmaz_accy&width=250&height=250&type=jpg

Anyone installed these. How do they look?
Any pictures?

Thanks!

Are these a factory cadillac part? I like them and may buy a set. The lighted ones are a little too flashy for my taste.

WaterKing
11-16-11, 08:04 PM
Installed both on 2008 EXT....The door sills fit well but I would only put them in to replace bad regular sills....They are rather plain IMHO and do scratch with sand/grit. I would rather use the Platinum sills or aftermarket lighted ones. The edges are not as finished as I would think appropriate for an accessory on a Cadillac. The ribs and lettering are simply pressed up sections from below so lack crispness. These are STAMPED products

The door step shields are a different matter. I Like them, they provide protection to a painted area that frequently gets scratched/scuffed, and go with just about any sill. They mount with double back tape so can be removed with difficulty, use dental floss. I say that because you must take care when measuring to mount them. I suggest that when you think you have them measured right you draw the outline on the paint and then tape around it to make sure it looks right. Then you can mount them with confidence that they are positioned correctly. It is easy to get them out of kilter or fore/aft wrong.

MrHolland
11-16-11, 09:10 PM
Installed both on 2008 EXT....The door sills fit well but I would only put them in to replace bad regular sills....They are rather plain IMHO and do scratch with sand/grit. I would rather use the Platinum sills or aftermarket lighted ones. The edges are not as finished as I would think appropriate for an accessory on a Cadillac. The ribs and lettering are simply pressed up sections from below so lack crispness. These are STAMPED products

The door step shields are a different matter. I Like them, they provide protection to a painted area that frequently gets scratched/scuffed, and go with just about any sill. They mount with double back tape so can be removed with difficulty, use dental floss. I say that because you must take care when measuring to mount them. I suggest that when you think you have them measured right you draw the outline on the paint and then tape around it to make sure it looks right. Then you can mount them with confidence that they are positioned correctly. It is easy to get them out of kilter or fore/aft wrong.
So would you say the illuminated sills look cheap and/or out of place?? I like the concept of a somewhat dimly lit sill that reads Platinum, but for 700 bones it should be a quality product.

WaterKing
11-16-11, 09:41 PM
I think I may have confused you with the "installed both"....What I meant to convey was I installed the 1) Door Sill Plates - Front and Rear Sets, Cadillac Script Logo on Front Set, Brushed Stainless Steel. Part # 17802526 (which are not illuminated) and ALSO the 2) Door Step Shields - Front and Rear Sets, Brushed Stainless Steel. Part # 17802415. Both are official GM accessories. I never purchased nor have seen the illuminated or other aftermarket ones in person so cannot comment on them. GM could have used some better descriptions for the step shields which actually mount on the vertical painted section of the door frame below the top of the sill to prevent kicking with toe etc. For me, not enthused with the GM sills listed above but like the step shields listed above. I would use the step shields even with stock sills but would look for better sills than the 17802526's for the reasons stated above. I like the thought and appearance of the lighted aftermarket sills shown in the link but have not purchased any until I get to see them personally because my truck is a WORKER and that area gets heavy use. Any smooth/unprotected surface would soon be scratched to death. Both the drivers and passengers 17802526's installed on my now sold 2008 had many noticeable scratches in them. I actually put the stock one's I took off the 2008 on my 2007 and it will remain that way until I see/touch/evaluate an actual aftermarket one that grabs my attention.

MrHolland
11-16-11, 10:04 PM
Thank you for the response sir, I am certainly following what youre saying now..

WaterKing
11-16-11, 10:27 PM
I still messed up the description and one thing I forgot to mention about the step shields is that they have a formed edge that actually protects the edge of the paint. Rather than embarrass myself again, here's a picture of a step shield in place and another showing the formed edge...the blue is because they are new with the protective film on them.