: Anybody have a Navigation Unit for sale (Deville/Seville)

malibuandryan
11-15-11, 11:01 PM
I am in need of a 02-05 Navigation head unit....Long story short I purchased a European Model instead of the US model...Tried loading the US firmware on the Nav and it is not compatible....I would even be interested in a model that has something wrong with it (screen busted, motors not working, etc..) My nav is in mint condition so I could take some parts off of it. Thanks again

Ryan

ThumperPup
11-15-11, 11:14 PM
wow im suprised that it won't take firmware i would think that it should be able to

malibuandryan
11-16-11, 06:01 PM
I wish it did...This nav has the TV button instead of the DVD and also there is actual hardware differences from the US to the European model. You could actually pull up TV if you were over there...There is also an extra COAX port in the back for the TV antenna

ThumperPup
11-16-11, 11:24 PM
check out ebay and see if any are up there
also
check out

Car-parts.Com

malibuandryan
11-17-11, 08:11 PM
Found a Nav out of a 2004 Seville that is listed as parts....I bought it on ebay...The screen will not tilt, therefore can't load CD/DVD...Figured I could take parts off the nav I already have......What is the newest DVD Map disk I can load in this NAV??? According to GMNAV.com 25979939U which is the 2009 DVD...........Will the 2012 22846887 DVD work? I notice lots of members talking about a FIRMWARE update....Is there an update out there that will allow the use of newer MAP DVD's?

Ryan

Krash
11-19-11, 11:44 AM
Found a Nav out of a 2004 Seville that is listed as parts....I bought it on ebay...The screen will not tilt, therefore can't load CD/DVD...Figured I could take parts off the nav I already have......What is the newest DVD Map disk I can load in this NAV??? According to GMNAV.com 25979939U which is the 2009 DVD...........Will the 2012 22846887 DVD work? I notice lots of members talking about a FIRMWARE update....Is there an update out there that will allow the use of newer MAP DVD's?

Ryan

Thats funny that you mention the NAV that "The Screen Won't Tilt" I bought mine off of Ebay using best offer and got it for $50 with the same problem. The funny part was that there was nothing wrong with it at all. I'm guessing that they didn't hold down the button long enough or something.

ThumperPup
11-21-11, 08:43 AM

Ryan

the only disc that will work are for all Sevilles Devilles from with the dvd base navi all year xlr navi disc and 2004-06 srx disc

i have not heard and i have looked i don't think there are any firmware updates that will work for the 02-05 denso units but you can try
but i don't think they will
if you do try you take the chance of Bricking your unit be carefull

darealjaedee
08-03-12, 04:28 PM
Is it possible to put a bose factory navigation unit into my 2001 seville sts with regular bose & if so like What all did u have to do to get the navigation working in your 2000 model dts??

Bc I have a 2001 sts I'm trying to upgrade the original Bose radio to the bose navigation radio
Part#2575529

If any1 has any knowledge on the subject it would be much appreciated

RippyPartsDept
08-03-12, 05:13 PM
yes, but it's easier, might cost less, and definitely less of a headache to find an sts with nav, buy that one and sell yours

darealjaedee
08-03-12, 09:23 PM
My candy paint was 5k. But if I where to buy a new car I'd def get 1 with nav..

But if it's too much of hassle. I'll just put a aftermarket in there. But I don't want too. I'm trying to keep it as original as possible. I only painted it and added subs.. But I want to keep my cd changer & all my benefits of the stock Bose l. But b4 I spend 2-4k on a old outdated system I'll just buy a new 2012 sound system & just wire it straight

It's at the gmc dealership now getting the data bus/loop diagnosed..

I'll know Monday.;(