: Dumb Question

Lencarguy
11-15-11, 08:10 PM
Just got my new SRX today and I have what might be a silly question. When I open the passenger door first, the Cadillac sill plate does not illuminate. If I open the driver's door first and then open the passenger door, it does. Does this happen to everyone, or is this the first of my new car problems?

allgm
11-15-11, 08:38 PM
Good observation. Just checked my 2010 out same as yours. Wonder what GM's thinking was on this. I did notice at night when the dash lights are on they stay on. I would of never noticed this thanks.

Lencarguy
11-16-11, 08:54 AM
Thanks Delores, now I don't have to look like an idiot telling the service dept. about it!

sube5186
11-16-11, 09:29 AM
I noticed this very early on. Now, can somebody please explain the logic behind this one? :hmm: I guess they don't expect the passenger to "ever" enter the vehicle BEFORE the driver. Apparently, to GM chivalry really is dead. I always open the door for my wife, regardless of whether she's the passenger or driver.

Sube

daddie2k3
11-16-11, 12:42 PM
Just my guest it's probably to save battery power as I go in out of my car for something I go other doors and I also leave my dome lights on the off side so have a spotlight on me everytime I get in and out of car at night(my ambient light is enough me to see)

paid4c4
11-16-11, 02:31 PM
I've been trying to figure this out also, I'm glad you posted the question now I can stop going crazy thinking about it. I'd like to know GM's thought about this?
Bill

Lencarguy
11-16-11, 02:51 PM
I've been trying to figure this out also, I'm glad you posted the question now I can stop going crazy thinking about it. I'd like to know GM's thought about this?
Bill

Glad to be of help! GM's thought - anybody's guess.

MnMs
11-16-11, 06:05 PM
My sill plate does not illuminate when the passenger door is opened. However, the door light does illuminate provided more than sufficient lighting to enter.

stevec5375
11-16-11, 07:03 PM
If the passenger door is opened followed by the driver's door, does the plate come on for the passenger at that point? Or, does the driver door have to already be open before the passenger side illuminates?

sube5186
11-16-11, 07:37 PM
If the passenger door is opened followed by the driver's door, does the plate come on for the passenger at that point?

Yelp

allgm
11-16-11, 08:06 PM
Driver door in in charge. Guess GM wanted to save money. 6 ft of wire run over to the the Driver door sill plate

MnMs
11-17-11, 11:13 AM
PS: The only Dumb Question is a question not asked.