: Badcad

richw3533
11-15-11, 06:56 PM
Hey everyone, here is my '07 Cadi that I have been working on. Please let me know what u all think. I also put it on Truckinweb in the readers rides, so please vote if you could. It's literally a one of a kind!! Custom yet subtle is the name of the game, that is till you start it and hear the supercharger and custom exhaust come alive!! Lowered, New hood, Platinum front clip, rewired headlights with matching HID's and LED's, supercharger with custom motor work, dual alternator, independent electrical system for the subwoofers, color matched interior panels, heated and cooled cup holders, Ipod and Pandora interface, custom console cover, all matching interior LED's, custom leather work to seats, emblems removed, custom exhaust, custom brakes, blacked out tail end, custom amp pedistals and custom box to hold the 4 JL Audio 10w6's and BOSS 22" rims that where powdercoated clear to protect the chrome!! It's not finished yet but its my start.

stater02
11-15-11, 11:30 PM
Wow, looking good. How hard was it to put the platinum front end on and how much would you say that this mod cost you? I would be interested in doing it.

MrHolland
11-16-11, 01:43 AM
Good looking machine!! Hows it run??,,,and can we get some details on the audio??

Escapade
11-16-11, 04:53 AM
All looks great!

richw3533
11-16-11, 10:28 AM
Stater02 - The Platinum front end was easy to put on, there are some extra parts you need like the plastic upper radiator cover and the inner fenders. The rest of the front goes together so easy. I switched my front end in like 3 hours taking my time. I think I could put together a quick write up on how to change it. it super easy if you know where all the bolts and clips are. As for the cost, I probably have 2k into it cause I had the bumper repainted to match the rest of the trucks flawless finish.

mrholland - it runs amazing!! Since I put the custom cowl/heat evacuation hood on, it runs 200% better cause it runs so much cooler. If I hammer on it, the belt does chip when switching gears if you listen close. So far we have had it to 145 on the hwy with lots of go left in it. According to the dyno it will top out at 186, but I'm not going to try it. Best run I had with it yet was a BMW M3 on the hwy..... he didn't know what to say when I beat him!! As far as the audio, it's a custom made box to JL Audio's specifications for the 4 JL 10w6's. They are powered by 2 JL HD750/1 amplifiers that are mounted on individual fully adjustable aluminum pedestals. I will put more pictures.

As far as I can tell by researching, my truck is the only one with this setup. The engine and the sound system. Everyone and every local shop said it couldn't be done..... well it is!! Supercharged with dual alternators for independent electrical systems and the fact of having 4 10's while keeping the third row and having it sound and look good!!

ELUSIVE
11-16-11, 10:36 AM
Looks really nice. Well done.
Where did you find the center console tray? It looks like the one from the 2012 Escalade.

richw3533
11-16-11, 10:41 AM
ELUSIVE - I actually made it. I took a platinum cover apart and redid it to match my interior. Black with chrome accent and black leather with the double stitch.

ELUSIVE
11-16-11, 10:44 AM
ELUSIVE - I actually made it. I took a platinum cover apart and redid it to match my interior. Black with chrome accent and black leather with the double stitch.

Nice work!

Mha
11-16-11, 04:36 PM
What alts and bracket do you have. I need to upgrade mine for my audio system

richw3533
11-16-11, 09:38 PM
Mha - I used 2 new factory 165amp alts and wired the system myself, seeing how Cadi's don't put amp gauges in any more I want separate volt meters to keep an eye on my output. The brackets are a combination of DC Power and my own modifications to accommodate the addition of the charger. this winter I am taking everything off and powder coating everything and putting polished pulley's on all of it.

With that being said, if anyone could lend some info on a really good quality pulley set. I don't need the harmonic balancer puller but do need the rest. I am even powder coating the power steering pump to match.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-16-11, 11:34 PM
I love what you're doing here. But you gotta get the chrome strip that matches the platinum fascia. Also when you painted the chrome vents on the hood, what made you keep the fender vents chrome? I love the dual alternators, actually plan to do that mod soon. Also I been looking at that model hood for awhile and that thing is pretty sweet!

71Dragtruck
11-16-11, 11:55 PM
I wish I had heated and cooled cupholders, how big a pain is getting the parts and putting them in?

richw3533
11-17-11, 12:26 AM
bstiffmanofsteel - Ur the first person to notice I haven't installed the hood chrome strip yet (I have it ordered)!! As far as the hood vents, I am machining a new set out of aluminum, polishing them and then powder coating them to match the side vents (polished lip and black insert). The hood was the hardest part of the truck to get and the finish it comes in is a pain to sand but soooooo worth it. I also have a new lower valance coming to really add a subtle look.

71Dragtruck - the cup holders where easy to put in it was ripping everything apart to put the factory wire harness in just to find out that the factory also leaves out fuses and a couple other little road blocks if u want a plug n' play. Worth it, but time consuming! I recommend that if you don't mind, just direct wire it and skip all the extra. I just have major OCD so I want things to almost look factory so I really take time and research for every little part. Also, it took about a month to get the cupholder and harness and it had to be ordered from a dealership.

richw3533
11-17-11, 12:41 AM
For everyone who is interested in doing the supercharger upgrade.... please do it right and spend the extra money to do all the aspects. I have a few local guys want this upgrade done but only parts of it and noone will install without the full package.

Full package what I have - heads removed and reworked, new ARP hardware, long tube stainless headers, free flow cats, larger injectors, larger fuel pump, larger throttle body, cold air intake, mass air flow sensor, K&N filter, new computer, upgraded tranny and then a full dyno tune multiple times during break in 5k miles.

There is a lot more to do but this will keep ur truck drivable everyday yet spank the pants off most everyone who pulls next to you.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-17-11, 12:17 PM
I only notice the chrome strip because like you, the details are what jump out at me. I really like the wood grain painted black. Looks sleek! Did you do the steering wheel as well?

richw3533
11-17-11, 12:41 PM
bstiffmanofsteel - I ordered a new steering wheel to have it color matched also.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-17-11, 01:27 PM
bstiffmanofsteel - I ordered a new steering wheel to have it color matched also.
Share a few pics when you can.

richw3533
11-28-11, 04:42 PM
here is the new color match wheel

richw3533
11-28-11, 04:47 PM
Here is the revised front look with the new chrome

richw3533
11-28-11, 04:47 PM
The rest of the interior is out getting color matched and turned suede!!
I'll post pics as soon as its done!!

richw3533
11-28-11, 04:58 PM
go to this link to check out more photos!!

http://rides.truckinweb.com/ride/1212929/richw3533/2007/cadillac/escalade/index.html

bstiffmanofsteel
11-28-11, 11:40 PM
I love your ride! it's 5 stars

d_v_o_1
11-29-11, 12:26 AM
Ugh....so jealous! I have been eyeballing that hood for quite a while! Love the subtle rise and the vents.

richw3533
11-29-11, 06:42 PM
Hey everyone, I added a bunch of photos to my photo bucket to keep everyone who wants other pictures in the loop. I will be adding all the photos for all the progress of the build!!

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh12/richw3533/BADCAD/

MrHolland
11-29-11, 06:58 PM
The piano black trim is very elegant. Nice job!!! Maybe Cadillac will take some notes..

richw3533
11-29-11, 08:24 PM
The piano black trim is very elegant. Nice job!!! Maybe Cadillac will take some notes..

Thank you, that would be amazing if they took styling ques from my vision...... elegant but yet a touch of sport/aggressive!!

Mha
12-03-11, 10:31 PM
Just thought id ask, I ordered a mechman 270 alt and it has 2 terminals on it, while I have no removed the stock alt yet it doesnt look as if the stock has a ground(i just saw the positive). Am I wrong, or Is it back there?

richw3533
12-03-11, 11:16 PM
Just thought id ask, I ordered a mechman 270 alt and it has 2 terminals on it, while I have no removed the stock alt yet it doesnt look as if the stock has a ground(i just saw the positive). Am I wrong, or Is it back there?

I used two high amp factory alternators because I have it set up so the original supplies the truck and the secondary alternator and second battery run just the amps and subs. The 2 wires for the factory are for the trucks computer.

xlraw
12-04-11, 09:01 AM
Can you send pictures of the custom exhaust and interior.

Thanks

richw3533
12-04-11, 10:53 AM
Can you send pictures of the custom exhaust and interior.

Thanks

There is a link to my photobucket that has some photos of the interior. Once all the pillars and the headliner are covered in suede I will post more. I am also changing more parts of the dash to give it a little more style with subtle class. As for the exhaust, I have to get photo's of that. It is all of the parts you get in the Lingenfelter supercharger setup. I think they use American Racing on the Cadi's (I will double check). Long tube headers, high flow cats and with mine because I have such high horse power but want to keep the sound good but not obnoxious, we went through 6 mufflers (mainly cause we kept blowing them apart) till we came up with our own design and cut 2 and welded them together. Space is very limited under there!! I started with dual tips out each side then went to one larger rolled tip to get the best sound. We literally spent 3 months just on getting the sound right.

felixgun
12-05-11, 10:05 AM
Rich you have great taste and I love what you did with the interior and exterior. I like how you even replaced the back of the back seats with leather!! But what made you take off the clean factory 22's for some aftermarket ones? The deep dish on those make the wheels look smaller then they really are IMO. Just wondering not hatin... You did a GREAT job!!!

richw3533
12-05-11, 10:29 AM
Rich you have great taste and I love what you did with the interior and exterior. I like how you even replaced the back of the back seats with leather!! But what made you take off the clean factory 22's for some aftermarket ones? The deep dish on those make the wheels look smaller then they really are IMO. Just wondering not hatin... You did a GREAT job!!!

Thank you for the complinets!! Not only from you but from everyone who has posted!!

I actually took them off to see if I could fit a 305/45 r22 on them and what it would look like. I am actually going back to the factory 22's. I had them nitrogen filled and new sensors put in them. I just haven't had a chance to put them back on. The only other draw back with the factory tires is that I still have the 285's on them and if from standstill I put it to the floor, I break all 4 tires loose they catch and break again causing the truck to do this extremely hard lurching effect..... it scares the crap out of you if your not ready for it, it feels like something is going to break. With the larger tires on it hooks up alot better.

richw3533
12-18-11, 01:13 PM
For everyone who has been wanting Suede interior..... I hope this helps you decide! Tell me what everyone thinks. You can click on the link to see more photo's but here is a preview.....

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh12/richw3533/BADCAD/

Before....

AFTER!!!!!!!

MrHolland
12-18-11, 03:43 PM
Suede looks great. I want to do suede on headliner, seats and door panels on a car Im looking at buying. Very nice touch but unfortunately expensive. What are the two knobs where the original clock once was??

richw3533
12-18-11, 06:01 PM
Suede looks great. I want to do suede on headliner, seats and door panels on a car Im looking at buying. Very nice touch but unfortunately expensive. What are the two knobs where the original clock once was??

The 2 knobs are for the 2 JL Audio amps that run the 4 subs. When I have the family with, it's nice to turn the bass down for them and when we r going out for the night or going to show it I can turn it up and shake the house!!

Rich909
12-18-11, 07:26 PM
Nice Job on the suede. What did you used to paint the plastic parts black. Thx

bstiffmanofsteel
12-18-11, 07:28 PM
I love it!

richw3533
12-18-11, 07:32 PM
Nice Job on the suede. What did you used to paint the plastic parts black. Thx

The dash and center console and accents are a piano black with a baked on clear. I had the parts painted with 3 to 5 coats of piano black color, wet sand one, then 2 coats of clear baked on for durability with a final wet sand and buff to bring out the shine but yet still have it durable.

As for all of the other parts, it is the matching color of the stock interior parts. It's actually not black as Cadi owners know..... it is a brownish black. It really makes the interior look like it is a factory option because every part I painted matches the stock interior panels.

Rich909
12-18-11, 09:13 PM
The dash and center console and accents are a piano black with a baked on clear. I had the parts painted with 3 to 5 coats of piano black color, wet sand one, then 2 coats of clear baked on for durability with a final wet sand and buff to bring out the shine but yet still have it durable.

As for all of the other parts, it is the matching color of the stock interior parts. It's actually not black as Cadi owners know..... it is a brownish black. It really makes the interior look like it is a factory option because every part I painted matches the stock interior panels.

Thx for the info. I'm a Caddy owner and I just refer to it as black. What product did you used for the matching color of the stock interior parts?

richw3533
12-18-11, 10:31 PM
I have a friend of mine that works for the local GM dealer and he hooked me up with the paint code for the parts. All of the parts are painted with the new PPG water base paint in a paint booth. Everyone would be surprised to know that the color actually comes from Chrysler, it is a brownish black that they actually came up with. You can't buy this color in the aftermarket world of touch-up and do it yourself, go figure!! I went to my local paint shop that will mix up any paint color but they still couldn't get it right so I went right to the pro's and worked with mu friend to get these done.

murphy
12-18-11, 11:58 PM
Very nicely done Badcad. Could you possibly elaborate on the lowering procedure/hardware and hood source. Do you experience anything taken away from ride/handling with the lower stance ?

richw3533
12-19-11, 12:17 AM
Very nicely done Badcad. Could you possibly elaborate on the lowering procedure/hardware and hood source. Do you experience anything taken away from ride/handling with the lower stance ?

The lowering was done at a professional shop due to the complexity and my OCD of getting things right. It is a McGaughy's 2/3 lowering kit with drop spindals, coils, shocks and all upgraded hardware. Then they took and reset the ride so every motion of the truck would mimic the proper movement of the truck at normal height. The ride is amazing!!!! Most people don't even notice it has been lowered till another Cadi is next to or near it. My advice to anyone who is going to lower their Cadi, don't go cheap!! You get what you pay for. The shop that installed mine gave me a 5 year up to 100k miles on the truck warranty.

As far as the hood, it is an ACS hood. They are out of Canada. Call there and leave a message for Joseph Taverna. He is the top guy over there to talk to.

murphy
12-19-11, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the info..I suspect finishing the hood was your responsibility ?

richw3533
12-19-11, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the info..I suspect finishing the hood was your responsibility ?

Yes it is. It is such a well made hood though that it is worth it!! I am making the original aluminum inserts for the hood, so now it will be to just figure out what to do with them.... should I chrome them or should I chrome and powder them or should I just powder them.... I will keep everyone posted about those when the time comes!!

murphy
12-19-11, 12:43 AM
Thanks,
Just spoke to Joe