: ride control help please!!!!

96eldorad
11-15-11, 05:53 PM
i have a 1996 eldorado base model i have a service ride control light with codes Pc0603 Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error,Pc1161 loss of continuously variable teal time dampening serial data,PZ1558 pzm eeprom checksum errormory (KAM),and pz2056 which i am not sure about. Im new to this air ride set up and not really sure what route to go with it, i was told it could be because of voltage but with no load voltage is 13.99 loaded voltage is 13.92 so i would assume voltage is about where it should be??

Chris Dagne
01-08-12, 01:58 PM
I have a 96 Eldorado that I just picked up and I am getting the service ride control, but it is not throwing codes. Any luck in trouble shooting yours?

mplmilk
01-29-12, 07:39 AM
Same problem with "service ride control" on the dash. How do you fix?

Submariner409
01-30-12, 08:31 AM
Pull any trouble codes using the car's built-in code reader system and go from there. Several functions of the struts, shocks, and suspension control systems are monitored - the trouble codes will give you a place to start.

There is no "air ride" in the normal sense of the term - the rear suspension (only) uses boots on the shocks to level the car - height sensors and an automatic compressor with supply/exhaust functions compensates for extra loads in the trunk or rear seat.