: Rear Entertainment Control Panel Removal

motorwerks
11-15-11, 04:32 AM
Has anyone removed the rear entertainment system control panel behind the center armrest? I would like to access the RCA input connections to attach them directly to my Lockpick GMX-550 to feed the rear headrest monitors from the front DVD player, etc.

Just wondering the procedure for accessing the wiring and removing the control panel itself.

Thanks,

Satish

torr714
11-15-11, 07:34 AM
Yes remove the two screws behind cup holder and upper piece is held with clips. When I remove mine the clips where so tight I removed the whole center console to get to it you don't need to do that just be careful also when I did what your Doing I bought the connector for Cadillac and left my aux in the panel to keep the holes blocked up and wired the gmx 550 to the rear overhead tv works great but now bought headrest tv and are going to wire those in too

motorwerks
11-17-11, 03:55 AM
Please elaborate...which screws? Are they the ones that are inside the armrest compartment? Also, I have a GMX550. I'm going to wire the auxiliary into GMX550 from the rear control panel RCA input. Then, I'm going to wire the OUTPUT of the GMX-550 to the headrest monitors. This way, the rear aux in still works to play other sources.

torr714
11-17-11, 09:24 PM
if you open the rear cup holder the two top bolts in thier hold the cover