: New Toy

onbagz2002
11-03-04, 01:52 AM
It's in ohio gettin shipped hopefully tomorrow.
1959 IMPALA :worship:
http://img17.exs.cx/img17/6375/Chevy-12.jpg
http://img17.exs.cx/img17/5335/Chevy-22.jpg
http://img17.exs.cx/img17/225/Chevy-32.jpg
http://img17.exs.cx/img17/5411/Chevy-52.jpg
http://img17.exs.cx/img17/1369/Chevy-62.jpg

slk230mb
11-03-04, 01:59 AM
What do you do to afford all these toys. Looks really nice and clean. Good luck and congrats. Don't have too much fun with it, the Escalades will get lonely... :lildevil:

majax
11-03-04, 03:14 AM
They don't make cars that red anymore. Pretty sweet and very clean, Ohio :histeric:(elections).

T_Dogg8
11-03-04, 08:47 AM
wow. that's a beauty. too bad it's not a convertible. have fun with it. and if you start to have too many 'toys', i'll keep one or two company :D

evilrussian
11-03-04, 11:25 AM
I hope you keep it all original, just the way it is now. She's a beauty, sweet ride man!

T_Dogg8
11-03-04, 11:36 AM
I hope you keep it all original, just the way it is now. She's a beauty, sweet ride man!

:yeah:

D148L0
11-03-04, 12:11 PM
That is a b-e-a-utiful car man, congratulations... If you take it for a ride to DC, don't forget to call me. :thumbsup:

onbagz2002
11-03-04, 02:29 PM
I'm thinkin about makin it a convertable and puttin HYDRALICS on it but even people in the lowrider forums tell me DON'T RUIN IT...

T_Dogg8
11-03-04, 03:35 PM
DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't ruin that car. just keep it stock. that's a great car and is perfect stock. anything you do to it will take away from it's beauty. if you're going to do anything, update it with new 'technology', but do it in a way that you can't tell. like what jay leno did to one of his cars.

Night Wolf
11-03-04, 03:56 PM
damn that looks exactly like a car in GTA: San Andreas lol

wow, really nice car... all origanal?

onbagz2002
11-03-04, 06:28 PM
damn that looks exactly like a car in GTA: San Andreas lol

wow, really nice car... all origanal?
That is EXACTLY why i got it.. I always wanted one then i played the game and i said i am goin to buy one SO I DID.. :thumbsup:

RBraczyk
11-03-04, 07:02 PM
You uh, wanna buy me a new motor :)

Adam
11-03-04, 09:51 PM
I'm thinkin about makin it a convertable and puttin HYDRALICS on it but even people in the lowrider forums tell me DON'T RUIN IT...

hell yeah, jucie that thing. who cares how it comes out, as long as youre happy. unless you plan on selling it do what you want to it. if you dont wanna ruin the suspension put air bags in it. you can put on a set of fast bags if you wanna hop. you do what you want though, hell you got money. it aint like you wont be able to afford another one. if it was mine though, i would lower it and put hydraulics on it.

onbagz2002
11-03-04, 11:59 PM
hell yeah, jucie that thing. who cares how it comes out, as long as youre happy. unless you plan on selling it do what you want to it. if you dont wanna ruin the suspension put air bags in it. you can put on a set of fast bags if you wanna hop. you do what you want though, hell you got money. it aint like you wont be able to afford another one. if it was mine though, i would lower it and put hydraulics on it.
Thats the whole reason why i baught it was to juice it.. I think i'm goin with 4 pumps and 12 batteries.I dont know much about it but my friend meade916 knows all about it... :bouncy:

Adam
11-04-04, 04:04 PM
hey go get the December issue of Lowrider there is a hardtop 59 Impala and a drop top 58 Impala (the 58 is the same color as the one you are getting). if you look at those cars i guarantee that youll have that thing juiced inside of a month :yup: . :thumbsup:

65calais1
11-04-04, 04:47 PM
Sweeeeeeet car man I wouldn't make a convertable out of it if I were you, its way too nice, interiers real nice, heck its to clean of car to do anything with. I read somewhere that the verts had some sort of bracing in the rear fenders or something like that, and if you make a convertable out of a hard-top car without em, the body will flex bigtime, a guy was asking this in the magazine about a firebird. And again sweet car. Chris

Adam
11-04-04, 05:42 PM
here are my thoughts on "that car is to clean to do anything to it." if he wrecked that thing tomorrow, it wouldnt be so clean then would it? if you want to juice it, do it, dont let anyone talk you out of it. you can look at it this way too, it is in good shape so you dont have to rebuild or anything like that, most of the work is finished. juice it. but a good point was made by 65, unless you get a frame for a drop top, your body will collapse. especially if you put hydraulics in it. if it is juiced, they are gonna take the body off the frame (well should anyway) and you can just replace it with one made for a drop top, theyll wrap the frame and do your suspension and all that. put it all back on, install the hydraulics (batteries, run the wires, solenoids, all that good stuff) and youll be in there like swimwear.

onbagz2002
11-04-04, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the replies and good lookin out. I am new to the lowrider scene and i need that kinda info...I just found a good forum it is called www.layitlow.com there seems to be alot of people who have hydro set-ups and really really nice rides including 59's.So i can get some good tips from them...
THANKS ALL :coolgleam

T_Dogg8
11-05-04, 09:56 AM
well, good luck. it hurts to know a car like that is being ruined, but if you like it, then go for it. you should have bought a car that wasn't as nice though. no reason to throw away such good parts.

Adam
11-05-04, 11:51 PM
what parts are being thrown away? and how is he ruining it? cause he is reinforcing the frame and the suspension? cause he is installing hydraulics? it doesnt ruin the car and it is competely reversible. it isnt ruining it. do you know anything about hydraulics? and why start with a peice of crap and fix it up and then do it? isnt that a little retarded?

509Rider
11-06-04, 04:42 AM
Its pointless to argue with people about lowriders they dont see the work that goes into them they think you just cut some holes in it bend the frame, the fact is a lot of junk yard cars have been saved and built into show winning lowriders, just cause you juice a car does not mean its ruined if it is not done properly it will be ruined, maybe some of you sould go to a lowrider show and look close at some of the cars you might be surprised. On bags is obviously going to build this car right, like everything else he has, in my book all cars are boring when stock.

Adam
11-06-04, 07:19 AM
:yeah: thats what im sayin. yeah, everyone thinks that but they dont know sh!t when it comes to lowriders. some people, like afore mentioned, need to go to a show and see how much work is put into these cars and how it makes these cars ten times better than any car theyll ever own. some of you need to do some research.

davesdeville
11-08-04, 02:26 AM
Restored classic cars aren't boring. :wtf:

T_Dogg8
11-08-04, 09:49 AM
look, unless you were dealing with lowriders when you were 9 and classic cars before you were born, then don't talk to me about how much work goes into show cars.

i know there are thousands of hours into lowriders. and there are also thousands of hours put into classic cars. i have a lot of respect for lowriders, but i also have a lot of respect for classic cars. i don't understand why you'd want to take a car in great condition and start hacking away at it. why not do what LOWCOSBIGBODY was saying and save a car out of the junkyard. then you can customize it the way you want. just seems like a waste to take a car that already has thousands of man hours in it, and put thousands more in to change it. when you can get a different one for less money.

T_Dogg8
11-08-04, 09:49 AM
Restored classic cars aren't boring. :wtf:

Adam
11-09-04, 11:27 PM
they arent as much fun stock. to me that is. if he wants to put hydraulics into it, let him do it. dont down play him for it. just say, thats cool man. you dont hack away at a car. like i said, do you know anything about hydraulics? the only thing removed is the stock springs replaced with stronger ones and instead of a shock- a hydraulic cylinder. that is it. reinforced a arms, reinforced frame. the only thing you do cut are holes in the back for your rear cylinders and guess what, that can be replaced. they look better IMO and it is something he wants to do. and yes, i have liked lowriders since i was 5 years old, so dont give me that bs. also like i said earlier, if it got wrecked the next day, it wouldnt be in great shape now would it? sure, get one from a junkyard, no problem but when restoring it, it will be like that anyway. i feel ya though man. i know what youre saying.

T_Dogg8
11-10-04, 09:06 AM
i like cars with modified engines and hydraulics, but there's nothing like a fully restored car from the 50s or earlier. one that looks like it just came off the showroom. anyone can get a car with hydraulics, but it takes a lot more time and money to have a perfect classic car. that's why i like them better. i understand not a lot is done to change the car, but those cars weren't built for that kind of abuse. yes, you reinforce some things. but that shaking is going to mess stuff up. i would guess the engine isn't built strong enough to with stand all the shaking and stuff. not to mention the guages. there's a reason you can end up with a salvage title on a bagged car. i'm not down playing him. it's his car and he can do what he wants. he doesn't need my blessing. i was just voicing my opinion regarding modifing classic cars.

Playdrv4me
11-12-04, 07:50 AM
Whatever you do... dont break the windshield...

509Rider
11-12-04, 01:24 PM
i like cars with modified engines and hydraulics, but there's nothing like a fully restored car from the 50s or earlier. one that looks like it just came off the showroom. anyone can get a car with hydraulics, but it takes a lot more time and money to have a perfect classic car. that's why i like them better. i understand not a lot is done to change the car, but those cars weren't built for that kind of abuse. yes, you reinforce some things. but that shaking is going to mess stuff up. i would guess the engine isn't built strong enough to with stand all the shaking and stuff. not to mention the guages. there's a reason you can end up with a salvage title on a bagged car. i'm not down playing him. it's his car and he can do what he wants. he doesn't need my blessing. i was just voicing my opinion regarding modifing classic cars.It has a lot more to do than with just hydraulics, and yes anybody can have a car with hydraulics and anybody can have a classic dosent mean they are going to be nice, I am not tryin to start shit I hate it when people assume you are ruining a car by making it a lowrider, people ruin classics every day. Most people have no idea what they are talking about. And as far as it takes more money bullshit how many restored classics have you seen with candy painted frames, full chrome undercarrige candy paint leather interior.

Adam
11-13-04, 12:08 AM