: Reasonable Price for this V

///M Eater
11-14-11, 11:38 PM
Hey guys,

I am new to the V scene and am looking at picking one up pretty soon. I found a really clean one and its one of my top choices right now but the price, I think, is a tad ridiculous.

Its an 06 with 43k on it. He advertises that its super clean, no one has ever sat in the backseats except on rare occasions, never driven in snow, rarely in rain etc... 100% stock, black raven on ebony. Hes asking $26,000.

What is a reasonable price to pay? I was thinking somewhere in the low 20's perhaps the 21-22 neighborhood? KBB private party for excellent is 23,200 IIRC.

odthetruth
11-15-11, 12:30 AM
Paying cash? 20 solid.

yamahaRwon
11-15-11, 12:42 AM
KBB good sounds about right.... 20,000 would be a great deal.... thing will probally drop about $4k every year and 12000 mi.... just like all cars do...

///M Eater
11-15-11, 08:49 AM
Paying cash? 20 solid.

Yes, will be paying cash. I don't know how to get him this low. 20 was kind of all I was looking to spend but this is an 06 and its mint. He said he's a little negotiable but I don't think he's 6k negotiable. Any suggestions?

///M Eater
11-15-11, 08:46 PM
UPDATE: It needs tires as he says they are pretty worn and there is a slight crack in the windshield. I think 21 is a fair price cash at this point.

Aurora40
11-15-11, 09:06 PM
$20k for an '06 with 40k miles seems pretty low to me. I'd say around $24, then subtract for the windshield and the tires.

///M Eater
11-15-11, 09:57 PM
Offered 21.5. We will see where that takes us ladies and gents...would really like to snatch this one up.

EDIT: Offer declined - he wants $24k..ughhh

mstrjon32
11-16-11, 03:09 AM
I paid $25K for my '06 a year ago today. It had 33K miles and a set of accessory wheels, which the dealer proceeded to ruin and then "fix" by having them painted after I bought the car. Idiots. The price seemed reasonable at the time, especially since I was having a hell of a time finding a Platinum/Ebony 06+.

I'm at over 50K miles now, and a ton of stuff needs work. Such is the way when you DD a performance car and then take it to the Nürburgring on weekends. :)

quikss
11-16-11, 01:07 PM
I have 41,000 on my 06 and it too needs tires, but nothing else. I wouldnt go below $24,000 for mine either.

Quite honestly, if you feel the price is too high at $24,000 then you should have no problem whatsoever finding plenty to buy at $20,000 with the same mileage. If you cant find the mileage you want, in the condition you want, at a price as low as you want, then you dont have enough money to buy what you want. The market dictates price, not Kelly Blue Book. I havent seen any with mileage in the low 40's needing very little more than tires selling below $23,000 but thats just me. I just bought mine back in July, so I dont think I am too far off on what current pricing is.

Jeff

///M Eater
11-16-11, 01:34 PM
He wants 23k and it's mine. About to take him up on the offer.

Getting ready to join the V community!!

yamahaRwon
11-16-11, 02:56 PM
wait till nxt summer and it will only be worth 19..... the guy will budge if he needs to sell it or wants to sell it.
If he doesn't you will pay a premium for no reason....

yamahaRwon
11-16-11, 02:59 PM
Him coming down more means he wants to get rid of it... i would try 22,ooo and see what he says. prob be able to get for 22. Give him a day to think bout it and worst case you pay 23. best case 22 and some change..lol
Most likely he tried to trade it in and they offered 16- 19.

///M Eater
11-16-11, 04:20 PM
He said he will try the ebay route if it doesnt sell this time around. I am debating whether or not to just cough up the 500 bucks and get this car. It is exceptionally clean, not even 1 wrinkle in the leather. Starting to think 23 will seal the deal.

Can anyone give a list of things to look for, such as common things to inspect, so I know what to examine in particular when I go look at it?

Also, I read somewhere that the 06+ have never broke a diff to date, which was of a surprise to me. Can someone verify this?

mberisha
11-16-11, 06:27 PM
I paid $25K for my '06 a year ago today. It had 33K miles and a set of accessory wheels, which the dealer proceeded to ruin and then "fix" by having them painted after I bought the car. Idiots. The price seemed reasonable at the time, especially since I was having a hell of a time finding a Platinum/Ebony 06+.

I'm at over 50K miles now, and a ton of stuff needs work. Such is the way when you DD a performance car and then take it to the Nürburgring on weekends. :)

Hahahahah....DD a performance car and then the 'Ring! Seriously......I can't believe you can even stop with those same brakes.....I think my fiancé is STILL hyperventilating from our last 'Ring Taxi ride with you.......

///M Eater
11-17-11, 08:29 AM
About to seal the deal at 23. Any objections? ;)

Aurora40
11-17-11, 09:30 AM
I'm sure it won't be the steal of the century, but it seems like a fair price to me on a car you really like. I guess I'd still want to knock off like another $500 since you'll spend at least a grand on tires, and who knows on a windshield. And I think your budget is a factor also. I paid about $3k more than that a little over a year ago, but my car had 13k miles on it when I bought it. So you are a few grand away from much lower mile cars, if that would be worth it to you. That said, you are a few grand away from higher mile cars in the other direction also.

JDB
11-17-11, 09:40 AM

Nope. Keep those re-sale values up!