: Certified Escalade with transmission problem

grisik
11-14-11, 07:04 PM
I have a 07 ESV with 53k on it. The transmission shifts very hard from 2nd to 3rd. Dealer told me that the tranny needed to be reflashed but it was not covered under the power train warranty or the certified warranty, it's a normal maintance item that I had to pay for. When I paid for the certified warranty I was told it was bumper to bumper coverage for 2 years or 100k miles. Now that I need it, it doesn't cover a tranny problem. Anyone else had any similar issues when trying to get things fixed under certified warranty?

hannity
11-14-11, 07:16 PM
That really sucks, I feel your pain. One good thing about this site is that there are techs and customer service reps that can help you. One of them is bound to see this topic and give you a clearer answer on fixing this problem.

DTEK01
11-14-11, 07:39 PM
Thats BS had mine flashed twice at 70k miles under the powertrain for weird shifting. Tell them to either flash it or open it up and fix it (which is under powertrain) and see which one they choose then :)

PreachRR
11-14-11, 07:40 PM
I would talk to a different dealer. AND I would not take no for an answer and make them outline for you the reason they feel this is not a warranty fix.. make them show you in the paperwork.. GL

grisik
11-14-11, 09:16 PM
I was hoping one of the Customer service reps would see this and give there opinion.

Rolex
11-14-11, 09:55 PM
I would talk to a different dealer. AND I would not take no for an answer and make them outline for you the reason they feel this is not a warranty fix.. make them show you in the paperwork.. GL

This^^^

I see the problem and solution in the thread title. Any CPO vehicle having transmission problems is a no brainer. I believe it's BS that the dealer refuses to flash the trans under warranty (but I'm no expert).

I will PM the Cadillac CS rep and one of our resident experts on Cadillac mechanical/service issues to see if they may offer some insight.

luxurylife33
11-14-11, 10:45 PM
Thats complete bull .... demand to get it fixed, that should be covered! I'm sure you paid good money for a CPO truck like that!

Ghost Deany
11-14-11, 11:53 PM
Their full of shit. I had the hard 2-3 shift and they installed new seals and other stuff inside the trans and its been smooth since then, free under powertrain warranty.

hcvone
11-15-11, 06:37 AM
I would flush it every 25k if it was my truck, but you should have to do nothing, this should be taken care of for you, as said I would find another dealership and make sure you have the latest transmission software, that is probably the issue

Big Windy Ext
11-15-11, 08:27 AM
A couple of o-rings and a reflash.The dealership is a bigger problem than your trans.Call the 800 number for Customer satisfaction and you will be taken care of properly!

RippyPartsDept
11-15-11, 09:19 AM
I'd have to see the bulletin and the VIN to make sure but it seems like this should be able to be covered.

The only way it wouldn't is if the vehicle doesn't fall under that bulletin for coverage. (like a vin range or model year covered/excluded by the bulletin)

grisik
11-15-11, 09:24 AM
The dealer said it would be covered now that they have to replace some seals inside. Still say it would not be covered if they didn't have to open it up. I will be going to another dealer from now on.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-15-11, 09:39 AM
Grisik,
If you would please send me your complete contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) along with your VIN number, mileage and the dealership that you are working with. I would like to look into this for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept
11-15-11, 02:01 PM
grisik,

if you don't have PM abilities yet you can email me your info and i'll forward it on to Breanne

grisik
11-15-11, 05:35 PM
How can I email you ?

RippyPartsDept
11-15-11, 05:44 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7033/signaturekp.jpg

email address is in my signature ... i posted an image of my signature above in case you have signatures turned off in your forum settings

grisik
11-15-11, 09:18 PM
This may be the topic for another thread but, are ther different levels of certification ? The dealer that is giving me problems with the tranny told me I have the low level certification, that's why it was not covered. The low level certification only covers power train issues and a few other things. If I had the platinuim certification then everything is covered. When I bought the certification I was told it covered everything on the truck for 100k total miles or 2 more years. I'm not sure why I spent the extra money for the certification when the powertrain already covers it.

RippyPartsDept
11-15-11, 09:29 PM
There is only one CPO. The fine details were changed in 2007 to exclude a couple items but that sounds like they're talking about GMPP vs CPO or something else.

You can get the details of the CPO on the Cadillac website. It also might be a good idea to look into exactly what you've got. Maybe you think or were told it was certified but it wasn't the CPO.

grisik
11-16-11, 05:34 AM
Maybe the Cadillac rep can answer thatfor me to. Chris I sent you an email with all the info they wanted. Could you forward it on to them? Thanks

hcvone
11-16-11, 07:34 AM
Never heard of different levels of certification, new one to me. :( It's either certified or not.