: Griot's Garage

Frikiton
11-14-11, 01:05 AM
Just bought the Spray-On and Speed-Shine for my black sts.
Debating on the tire cleaning kit and the glass one any one say yes to that?

Right now my car has been sitting in the street collecting dust, bird sh*t, and the dirt of the rain but I don't want to take it to a car wash since its going to rain in 3days so it'll be a waste of $10.

Hope the Spray-On and Speed-Shine help me out and save me some car washes for weeks like this when it wouldn't make sense to take it thru a car wash when it will rain during the week but still want to keep the car a bit cleaner than usual.

nathanjax
11-14-11, 09:45 AM
Last week I bought:

Speed Shine, 35 Ounces & Sprayer, 8 Ounces of Clay
Wheel Cleaner, 35 Ounces
Foaming Finest Sprayer
Ultimate Car Wash Bucket

I hate that site and Adamspolishes.com. I spend way too much money between the two.

M5eater
11-14-11, 09:59 AM
Griots and Adams are both top-tier products, if you're truely an attention to details person, they both allow you to spend Thousands of regret free dollars.

BaTu
11-14-11, 10:29 AM
I'm a Big Fan too.

My favorite products are the Leather Care (it makes your car smell like a leather couch to boot!) and the "deodorant" Stick Carnuba wax. I put Velcro on a cheap Harbor Freight DA and with a couple of foam pads I polish/seal/wax this time of year in perpetration for the winter.

ALSO, the their Clay and foam holder (with the hand-strap) is INVALUABLE in keeping you from dropping, and ruining, the bar by contaminating it with grit from the ground (I HATE to drop a Clay Bar ;) )

Frikiton
11-14-11, 03:25 PM
Anyone tried their spray-on, speed-shine one?
I guess this would work for me for the car , but what about rims, tires, and glass can i use the samething?

BaTu
11-14-11, 05:58 PM
Speed Shine is just one of those "silicone based" waterless car wash things (I think....;) )

I've used it, it works, doesn't last at all of course. Really good for Clay Barring and removing bird droppings on an otherwise clean car. If all you're dealing with is a "dusty" car it's a great quick clean-up.

nathanjax
11-14-11, 06:36 PM
Speed Shine is also great to stop water spots on your car. After the wash, before you dry, spray your car down with it.

Then dry.

Works Awesome!

Frikiton
11-20-11, 12:37 PM
Can I use speed-shine or spray-on on the windows and rim? or what I need to buy for windows/windshield and rims?

ddalder
11-20-11, 07:27 PM
Personally, I still worry about using a spray and wipe type product if there is dust on the car. It seems to me it will work to promote fine scratches. I wash my car every 2-3 days and unless we've had bad weather, I can be in and out for a few bucks. A quick hand dry and I'm set. I keep it waxed (as necessary) and it ususally gets an annual polish by a professional.