: Anyone interested in chipping in for something?

BeelzeBob
01-29-03, 10:04 PM
Hi all. I thought I'd ask if anyone would be interested in chipping in for some new software here. It's called PhotoPost and you can see exactly what it is by clicking here (http://www.photopost.com). I know it's cheap - about $200.00 but I just don't have the budget for it at the moment..

Of course, this isn't an emergency. We don't HAVE to have it.. But, if you like the idea and you have a few bucks to spare, we can set it up. As some of you know, I have just about all my spare money in a new business venture that I've got high hopes for.. Otherwise, I'd take care of this with no problem. The cash I've already set aside for here is just going to local radio ads and search engines at the moment..

Anyway.. Let me know what you think of the software.. It would be nice - but it's not crucial.. We'll have it one way or another in time. I'll probably buy it myself in a month or two even if nobody chips in.. The 'chipping in' part really just gets it here sooner...

the Sandman
01-29-03, 10:25 PM
:)

Dead Sled
01-29-03, 10:39 PM
Photo post is very good. I just hope we dont ever run out of bandwidth like some other boards I know of

BeelzeBob
01-29-03, 10:43 PM
Thank you! No, we wont run out of bandwidth.. I'll see to that. This site isn't ever going down or running out of space.. I run several large sites. ;)

lux hauler
01-29-03, 11:13 PM
I'll help. Let me know when and how you'd like the money.

BeelzeBob
01-29-03, 11:49 PM
Thank you too! What do you think of the program?

Devil_concours
01-30-03, 12:37 AM
nice..
and of course i will chip in. :D

BeelzeBob
01-30-03, 01:35 AM
Great! Thank you.. We'll probably do this through PayPal unless anyone has any problem with that. I'm going to use my PayPal ATM card to order the product... We're going to have THE largest database of Cadillac images on the net.. I'm going to have it installed by them to integrate it with this forum.. It's going to be a really great feature...

BeelzeBob
01-30-03, 01:38 AM
Here's another great link to see how it's going to look and work: http://gallery.boatdesign.net/

BeelzeBob
01-30-03, 02:25 AM
Jeez. It's actually $250.00 altogether. I'll need to purchase the Advanced Installation because I don't have Telnet or SSH access.. Just a sad FYI...

Maximln
01-30-03, 02:45 AM
I'm in. Let us know what do to.

Max

BeelzeBob
01-30-03, 02:51 AM
Thank you, Max! Okay. Since we have a few takers on this so far - and I imagine we could get a few more in the coming days - let's all establish a particular amount to chip in.

Also note.. Anyone who does partake in this 'chipping in' will be added on to a page I'll create about people who've made contributions to the site.. Not that that means a whole heck of a lot, but I'd like to say 'Thank You" as best as I can... :)

I'm anxious! I've been looking for a site that's just ALL Caddy's for a long time. To have a section with tons of images will really make me - and I take it many of you - very happy...

Allante North *
01-30-03, 07:29 AM
Count me in Sal. Just let us know how much to kick in.

Don

BeelzeBob
01-30-03, 07:33 AM
Thank you! I'll let you know.. Let's see who wants to participate by the end of the day..

Devil_concours
01-30-03, 11:47 AM
why don't we start a donation program for this forum. I'm sure lot of us don't mind chipping in few bucks once in a while to help you pay for some of this great service you're providing.

ie. you get a custom title for donating $5 or more.

BeelzeBob
01-30-03, 12:05 PM
I know that's a good idea and I probably should but I'm going to try and hold off doing that for as long as I can. I don't want to start asking for donations (generally) right off the bat. It might look like I'm just trying to make money on the site. This is a hobby site that I have a real passion for. I wouldn't want any new people to get the wrong idea..

Maybe after we get more members.. This way at least the place will look like it's been around for awhile.. Surprisingly, this place looks like it's been around for quite a whlie already - in our 4th week. :) Actually, I shouldn't be so surprised.. Cadillac has a huge following...

Thanks for the idea! :) I'll probably need help in time...

Mad'lac
01-30-03, 09:04 PM
Yeah like those who chip in could have the title of charter mamber or something like that.

BeelzeBob
01-31-03, 09:53 AM
Okay. It looks as if we've come to somewhat of a platau here.. What would everyone be interested in chipping in? I'd like to keep it as close to the same thing for everyone as possible.

Thanks,

Sal

Dr. Jones
01-31-03, 04:36 PM
I'm detailng 4 cars next weekend, i could probably chip in $20 from that or so.

BeelzeBob
01-31-03, 04:54 PM
Thank you Dr. Jones. I appreciate that! If you can, you can. If not, don't worry. This is just an added bonus here and it's not a 'must have'. So don't worry if things don't work out...

BeelzeBob
01-31-03, 09:27 PM
Okay. I wound up just adding a "donate" button at the top of the screen. It'll make things easy. If you'd like to donate to help me purchase the PhotoPost program, just click on that button. It'll mention something about 80sxchange - that's the name I used when starting this PayPal account long ago.

The total cost of the program with installation is $250.00.. So don't anybody go putting $1000.00 in there - unless you really want to, that is. ;) :p

Thank you!! We'll have a really, really nice image system running shortly...

Sal C.

BeelzeBob
02-01-03, 03:11 AM
For the time being, I've added a section on the "About Us" page for people who've donated.

Thank you!

Sal

elwesso
02-02-03, 01:32 AM
It sounds good, and ill prolly chip in a few, but is it really necessary. What will that offer us in regards to pictures that we dont have now? Or would this be more of a thing for galleries?

BeelzeBob
02-02-03, 09:28 AM
Hey Wes,

Have you checked out the DEMO's I posted links to on the first page of this thread? This would be a completely automated gallery system with seperate sections for each series of Cadillac - with thumbnails and a rating system.. Check out that demo. It's much more than just a picture page..

It's not necessary, but it's a very nice added bonus...

Devil_concours
02-02-03, 10:33 AM
i have one question. Where is the About Us page?
If you don't have enough donated within 2 weeks, i wouldn't mind donating little bit more.

elwesso
02-02-03, 10:53 AM
Which version, the GMS or the PRO? I would assume the pro

BeelzeBob
02-03-03, 09:01 AM
Either click on the "CadillacForums.com" text in the logo up top, the "exit" button within the series of buttons near the top, or the homepage link at the bottom of the page. Then, you'll find the rest of the site.. You haven't seen it yet? :p

Otherwise.. Yes, we'll be getting the full (Pro) version. Why? This is what the "light" (GMS) version doesn't have:

1. User uploads (you guys would like to upload images. Right?)
2. Automatic thumbnailing - so you don't have to worry about it.
3. Integrates with the forums - so you wont need two seperate logins.
4. Ability to post comments
5. Rating system
6. Ability to post videos
7. Users can create photo albums

There are other advantages on the admin side as well. Basically, if I got the less expensive version, you'd all have to email me your images and I would have to make thumbnails and upload them myself.. Something I'd never have time to do... Plus, you'd be missing the rest of those other features up there..