: Any way to sync main DVD with RSE headrest DVD screens?

Manic
11-12-11, 02:33 PM
Sorry if this has been asked..I searched but didn't find and answer. The manual says the headrest units are freestanding but that seems kind of silly. They should at least be able to view what's on the main DVD screen and overhead screen. Is there a patch, module, or quick fix, or do I have to wire into the aux inputs in each headrest?

hcvone
11-12-11, 05:29 PM
Not silly really, well having them in the first place is silly, but this way everyone can watch their own thing, and with the dropdown screen both middle row seats can see it with no problem. I have a few customers that have had their trucks wired so they all play, but I think they lost the ability to play as stand alone, some poeple like to drive around town with all their screens lite up

prosseda
11-12-11, 10:49 PM
The Coastaletech GMX550 will let you do it. You have to connect cables from the GMX550 module to the headrest units. You would then have the option to select front to the rear or make the rear independent.

Manic
11-13-11, 11:21 PM
Well, it's clearly easier for people in the back buckets to see what's on the headrests than the overhead screen; that seems aimed at people in the 3rd row.
I will check into the GMX550. I will definitely hack the DVD/driving issue but want to make the best overall choice for what I want to do.
Thanks for the responses.

trich24
11-14-11, 10:17 AM
As mentioned above the gmx 550 is a good way to go.

I have that installed and the factory rear screen.

When I had the two headrests I've been told over and over I need to buy an A/V Cable 1600

A/V1600 INTERFACE CABLE

THIS CUSTOM CABLE IS MUCH REQUESTED BY INSTALLERS

PLUGS INTO THE BACK OF THE RADIO

PROVIDES AUDIO AND VIDEO INPUT ON AUX CAPABLE RADIOS

PROVIDES AUDIO AND VIDEO OUTPUT - NOW YOU CAN SEND THE SOUND AND PICTURE FROM YOUR NAV DVD PLAYER TO YOUR HEADREST MONITORS OR REAR ENTERTAINMENT SCREENS!!

THIS IS A FULL "T" HARNESS WITH FACTORY MALE AND FEMALE CONNECTORS - COMPATIBLE WITH FACTORY REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS ALREADY PRESENT

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-16-11, 09:56 AM
Manic,
Welcome to the forum! If you want to send me your name and VIN number I can research this for you and see if I can find out any additional information.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service