: 2010 Oil change and tire rotation suprise

Ponyman
11-11-11, 01:59 PM
We bought our 2010 March 20, 2010. The first oil change was free at our purchasing dealer. Today, with a little over 10 thousand miles on it we took it in for it's second oil change and tire rotation at our local dealer. When we went to pick it up, I expected to pay between $80 -$100 for the services. They had us sign the ticket, and I asked how much? Cashier said no charge, it is covered under the Cadillac Premium care. I told her that it was a 10, and was she sure? She said yes, it was covered. Has this happened to anyone else? I thought only the 11's and up had this care package. I am not complaining, just very suprised.

cadigirlchicago2
11-11-11, 02:35 PM
Wow, from what I was just told by other members here, it's only for the 2011 and 2012's. I actually was just in yesterday for an oil change as well but I still had a we owe voucher from them for the last time I was there that they forgot to reset my system and also forgot to reset the tire pressure system from the tire rotation. Anyways, I made a comment that I got screwed but he said that the power train warranty on the 11's and 12's wasn't as good so it's a give and take sorta thing. Anyways, I think you got lucky.....I have paid for about 2 oil changes already and never had it covered.

Ponyman
11-11-11, 04:11 PM
I guess I will see if they come back later wanting some money.

RippyPartsDept
11-11-11, 05:31 PM
they can't ask you to pay after-the-fact ... if they don't catch it before the send it through to GM for the warranty claim GM will reject it and the dealer will have to pay for it

sube5186
11-11-11, 06:47 PM
Free oil changes may be the dealer's policy, totally separate from the Cadillac Premium Care program. Some dealers do this. I know my dealer does free lifetime inspections.

Sube

RippyPartsDept
11-11-11, 06:56 PM
also possible ... or your old cadillac dealer could have been closed down ... we've been giving saturn and hummer (and some cadillac) owners free oil changes for a while now

i think you get three free... but i can't remember for sure since i never see the paperwork that the owners get or the owners themselves
(we actually lose a little bit of money on some of the saturn oil change parts ... labor has to lose some too but i forget what it pays exactly)

99ssconv
11-11-11, 09:51 PM
maybe your finance guy signed you up with the GMPP maintenance plan which includes oil changes and rotations

Ponyman
11-12-11, 07:55 AM
It definetly says Cadillac Premium Care No Charge on the oil change and tire rotation. They used Mobil 1, and this isn't my selling dealer, it is my local dealer. My selling dealer is about 70 miles away, still in business. They did the first oil change no charge, which they do on all the vehicles they sell. SS these might mean something to you, the line codes are Z2262 for the oil change and Z2263 for the tire rotation. If they sold me an oil change plan at purchase, I didn't knw it. They definetly didn't sell me an extended warranty. Guess I will take this as an early Christmas present. Thanks for the thoughts all.

sube5186
11-12-11, 08:59 AM
Sounds like they simply made a mistake and thought the Premium Care Package affects 2010 - present vehicles, or mistakenly listed your car as a 2011. What year model is listed on your invoice?

Sube

Ponyman
11-12-11, 10:22 AM
2010, with the correct in service date of March 20, 2010. Whatever, I'll take it. If they did make a mistake, I am sure they will run something through warranty to get their money back.