: Can mirrors be programmed to open and close automatically?

07BlkOnBlkEXT
11-11-11, 04:06 AM
Anyone know the answer to this? My old Lexus LS430 had power mirrors that would fold in and out when I stuck the key in and when I took it out. Very convenient, I miss it. I'm assuming if it's possible its not something I can do but maybe the dealer?

ELUSIVE
11-11-11, 11:03 AM
I've tried to find this out as well. All of my research has pointed to no, you can't.

hannity
11-12-11, 08:55 AM
Anyone know the answer to this? My old Lexus LS430 had power mirrors that would fold in and out when I stuck the key in and when I took it out. Very convenient, I miss it. I'm assuming if it's possible its not something I can do but maybe the dealer?

No the windows don't work that way. Give gm 10 more years to catch up to that level of sophistication. Something like that is very necessary, but they saw fit to give us power running boards instead.

prosseda
11-12-11, 03:05 PM
If it wasn't for the power running boards, I wouldn't own any Escalades.

smiley47
11-12-11, 03:46 PM
And while we're ranting, maybe someday we can get the Rain Sense wipers back.

hcvone
11-12-11, 06:25 PM
Have seen it done aftermarket, see a good stereo shop

luxurylife33
11-12-11, 06:30 PM
And while we're ranting, maybe someday we can get the Rain Sense wipers back.

auto-up windows would be nice too

07BlkOnBlkEXT
11-12-11, 08:02 PM

Couldn't believe my Escalade didn't have auto-up windows when I bought it, blew my mind.

ELUSIVE
11-12-11, 08:09 PM
My 2010 has auto up windows...I think.

2007XTSDub
11-12-11, 08:16 PM
Couldn't believe my Escalade didn't have auto-up windows when I bought it, blew my mind.

My 2011 does!

luxurylife33
11-12-11, 08:41 PM
My 2011 does!

i guess they finally added it cuz my 2007 def does not have it.

2007XTSDub
11-13-11, 10:37 AM
Ya my old 07 never had it either.

hannity
11-13-11, 01:41 PM

That sucks but is typical of gm to not include that. Especially since the escalade is supposed to be considered a luxury vehicle. That being said, mine does have the 1 touch up and down on driver and passenger.

hannity
11-13-11, 02:02 PM
If it wasn't for the power running boards, I wouldn't own any Escalades.

It's your life and your money, but I certainly hope you are joking and did not spend 60k+ on a vehicle just for running boards. Some people wont' admit it, but I will be that one to do so: I bought my escalade because of how it looks. I never researched the vehicle. I blindly and foolishly thought that spending 80k on gm top of the line vehicle meant that it included every option and had the latest in technology. I had looked past the lack of intelligent key fob with the integrated touch pad on the door handles and bought it. Salesman did his job and made me ignore that by remote starting it for me telling me how the cabin would be cooled or warmed. What he didn't tell me is that due to the cars being built lighter meant using smaller coils. I can't leave the AC in my lade because when I turn the vehicle on with the AC running I get a mildew smell. That was another problem I had with the vehicle, there was no filter to replace so the service manage told me they would flush it. They did and the smell still came back. Looked online to see that in order to get around that I mixed a bleach and water solution and put the AC on full and poured it in the air dam. Problem solved, but I can remote start it all I want but the AC cannot be running or left on because the smell will return. So it defeats the purpose of even having that option. That is not completely a gm issue based on what I've seen online.. However, it has never been an issue in my wife's Audi or in the Lexus LS I bought for my parents.

But back to what I was saying I will admit buying the escalade based on looks assuming their top of the line vehicle would have everything. I think that it is 2 things that gm preys on. Unaware buyers like myself and those who wish to remain loyal to American built vehicles. The reason I think this is due to the fact that if you look at other car manufacturers standards and then look at gm, the difference is like night and day.

MrHolland
11-13-11, 04:27 PM
I would love to have auto power folding mirrors. I like it when my boards fold up after closing the door and think it would be awesome to see the mirrors move too. I admit though, I would like the novelty of it more than the functionality.

prosseda
11-13-11, 05:36 PM
I love all the electric stuff more than anybody. Range Rovers have nearly every gadget but then they don't have remote start. That killed it for me. I want escalades to have laser cruise control, 4 corner auto and manual height adjustment, 4 cameras, locking center diff, front parking sensors, automatic parking, HUD, proximity unlock, push to start and whatever else I forgot. I wanted the escalade for looks too. That is why I noticed that GM makes the most hideous running boards in the full size market.

I almost never owned an Escalade because in 2007 the EXT was only available in colors other than black, white or silver until April 2007. The power running boards did not start production until January. I have a truck that was only built for three months ever. I went to many dealers and they could not order it because they were late with the running boards, so I thought it wasn't going to happen. One day I drove by the dealer on the way to work and there was a riptide blue EXT with the power running boards. That was in April after the color was discontinued. I only ever saw 2 other trucks with the same combo as me.

MrHolland
11-13-11, 05:52 PM
I am holding out hope that the next gen Escalade will be the most technologically advanced car that GM has ever produced and include all of those things that you mentioned. Who knows, maybe they'll go old school and throw in some swivel buckets!!! Hopefully it wont be a let down like Apple was with their last release...LOL

hannity
11-13-11, 06:14 PM
I love all the electric stuff more than anybody. Range Rovers have nearly every gadget but then they don't have remote start. That killed it for me. I want escalades to have laser cruise control, 4 corner auto and manual height adjustment, 4 cameras, locking center diff, front parking sensors, automatic parking, HUD, proximity unlock, push to start and whatever else I forgot. I wanted the escalade for looks too. That is why I noticed that GM makes the most hideous running boards in the full size market.

I almost never owned an Escalade because in 2007 the EXT was only available in colors other than black, white or silver until April 2007. The power running boards did not start production until January. I have a truck that was only built for three months ever. I went to many dealers and they could not order it because they were late with the running boards, so I thought it wasn't going to happen. One day I drove by the dealer on the way to work and there was a riptide blue EXT with the power running boards. That was in April after the color was discontinued. I only ever saw 2 other trucks with the same combo as me.

These 2011 models either have what you mentioned as standard equipment or have it as an option: Toyota Sequioa, Nissan Armada, Ford Expedition,Range Rover HSE, Mercedes GL450/550, Lexus LX570, INFINITI QXT6, Audi Q7, Lincoln Navigator. I could on, but you get my drift. And gm has the audacity to call cadillac the standard of the world SMH

smiley47
11-13-11, 07:45 PM
These 2011 models either have what you mentioned as standard equipment or have it as an option: Toyota Sequioa, Nissan Armada, Ford Expedition,Range Rover HSE, Mercedes GL450/550, Lexus LX570, INFINITI QXT6, Audi Q7, Lincoln Navigator. I could on, but you get my drift. And gm has the audacity to call cadillac the standard of the world SMH

Don't try to get remote start on a Mercedes or many other European vehicles. Not even as a factory or dealer installed option. I was looking hard at the new ML 350 and the dealership "found" a third party electronics shop that would add the remote start in place of the panic button on the key fob for $1000. That killed that deal. I'll get another SRX.

hannity
11-13-11, 08:04 PM
Don't try to get remote start on a Mercedes or many other European vehicles. Not even as a factory or dealer installed option. I was looking hard at the new ML 350 and the dealership "found" a third party electronics shop that would add the remote start in place of the panic button on the key fob for $1000. That killed that deal. I'll get another SRX.
That sound pretty weird. Mercedes has been using remote start since around
2005. Here it is being demonstrated on a 2009 ML model. Just my opinion but next to retractable running boards remote start is just as useless unless you live in places where it hits 10 to 20 below. Even then with a garage you'd have to open it up to let the fumes out, meanwhile cold air is coming into the house.

http://mercedesremotestart.com/images/operating-instructions.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsg483f33t3gNKcegggg4m55_1M

smiley47
11-13-11, 09:28 PM
I believe that's a third party remote start product. If you do a "Build Your Own" on the MBUSA website, remote start won't be found. If you find it, let me know because I'll be pissed that my $95K E63 doesn't have it and can't get it.

If you live where it's 110* and park in a shopping center lot, you'll find that 2-3 minutes of remote start cooling makes the interior a bit more tolerable when you get in it.

prosseda
11-13-11, 10:28 PM
My theory is that no European makes have factory remote start due to some environmental policy. They do sell everything is diesel too.

hannity
11-15-11, 03:45 AM
I believe that's a third party remote start product. If you do a "Build Your Own" on the MBUSA website, remote start won't be found. If you find it, let me know because I'll be pissed that my $95K E63 doesn't have it and can't get it.

If you live where it's 110* and park in a shopping center lot, you'll find that 2-3 minutes of remote start cooling makes the interior a bit more tolerable when you get in it.

Maybe it is, seeing how you know first hand from your experience at the dealer. So maybe I'm wrong, but you will have to get in line behind my wife to tell me that. She takes great pride in telling me when I'm wrong.

Nice Ride
03-27-12, 01:00 PM
Third party alarm, must tap into wire in door. One signal to close the mirror when the alarm arms, one signal to oped when you disarm. I had this done on my 2009 esv. Works great!!

h2kool4tn
03-28-12, 08:40 PM
I bought a 2011 Premium w/ AWD, so I have most of the gadgets, basicly everything but the Platinum. I bought it without even seeing it, i had it delivered to my work while I was at work (250 miles south). I does miss the very things I would assume it had to have like "push-button" start, or Keyless Drive, because the lowered models of SRX has those, even LED-lit side-door panels (logos), rain sensing wipers. All in all though, it's a great car, great design, moves heads and attention, even more than some of the higher prices Mercedes and Porsche, believe it or not.

Playdrv4me
03-30-12, 03:16 AM
I can't believe of most of these gimmick features mentioned, no one mentioned the proximity sensing doorlocks. I was absolutely *FLOORED* when I found out my '94 'Vette had this as STANDARD EQUIPMENT! I thought it had been added by someone aftermarket. This didn't gain traction again until 2004 with the LS430 and yet the Escalade doesn't offer it. Hell, even other CADILLACS have it...

http://www.q45.org/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/normal_passivekey.jpg

Also, the LS430s having automatically deploying mirrors is a new one to me. I certainly don't remember it on any of mine, and I had an Ultra Luxury.

pmexpert
04-01-12, 06:44 AM
There is a way to install "comfort module" that is responsible for mirror folding and closing the windows when get armed. So no need to install third part alarm system for that

07BlkOnBlkEXT
04-01-12, 05:21 PM
Can you give some more details on the "comfort module"? Price, cost of installation, etc..Sounds like a great option! I hate not having auto-up windows so this might be a product I'm very interested in.

----------

I can't believe of most of these gimmick features mentioned, no one mentioned the proximity sensing doorlocks. I was absolutely *FLOORED* when I found out my '94 'Vette had this as STANDARD EQUIPMENT! I thought it had been added by someone aftermarket. This didn't gain traction again until 2004 with the LS430 and yet the Escalade doesn't offer it. Hell, even other CADILLACS have it...

http://www.q45.org/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/normal_passivekey.jpg

Also, the LS430s having automatically deploying mirrors is a new one to me. I certainly don't remember it on any of mine, and I had an Ultra Luxury.

Yes I know for sure my 2001 did have the mirrors that automatically folded in and out when the key was turned on and off, I loved the feature, would love it on my Escalade since living in the city I fold the mirrors in just about every day.

pmexpert
04-14-12, 05:04 PM
Can you give some more details on the "comfort module"? Price, cost of installation, etc..Sounds like a great option! I hate not having auto-up windows so this might be a product I'm very interested in.
It is small and simple to connect module with few wires only. No programming needed. Responsible for mirror folding mirrors and closing all windows when the vehicle is closed. Cost is $150 here.

chakde
04-14-12, 10:20 PM
Hi pmexpert, do you have a part number and is it something you order from dealer or after market. Any details that you can provide would be helpful as I am interested in it.

pmexpert
04-15-12, 01:40 AM
Hi pmexpert, do you have a part number and is it something you order from dealer or after market. Any details that you can provide would be helpful as I am interested in it.

I'm not sure about part number as it is aftermarket staff. Looks like small plastic box(1in*1in) with few wires and micro-scheme inside. Works with no problem almost 5 months. I can study a bit more details about how to connect it and will send u reply.

nathanjax
04-15-12, 02:42 AM
I'm not sure about part number as it is aftermarket staff. Looks like small plastic box(1in*1in) with few wires and micro-scheme inside. Works with no problem almost 5 months. I can study a bit more details about how to connect it and will send u reply.

Where can we order the "comfort module" from? What's the price?

chakde
04-15-12, 03:30 AM

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.

pmexpert
04-15-12, 02:37 PM
I bought it locally and paid $150. If you want I can study discount to buy 5-10 items and shipping cost to US. Also will attach few pictures of module itself and installation process.

ELUSIVE
04-15-12, 03:08 PM
More info please. I want this! :D

chakde
04-16-12, 08:13 AM
Yes i would be interested in this as well. If you can get the details and shipping that would be great.

bigtone1013
04-16-12, 02:02 PM
90107Found this online it's for the side mirrors. It's $36

chakde
04-16-12, 02:44 PM
Link to the product please.

bigtone1013
04-16-12, 02:48 PM
Link to the product please.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs-img/538672564-free-shipping-hot-Automatic-Side-Mirror-Folding-System-wholesalers.html

pmexpert
04-16-12, 04:21 PM
Here is the one I got:
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4553/phuppimagew.jpg
think they all looks the same :) but price is really attractive!
And the video how do that works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pVVTm9IKxM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

nathanjax
04-17-12, 12:24 AM
Here is the one I got:
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4553/phuppimagew.jpg
think they all looks the same :) but price is really attractive!
And the video how do that works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pVVTm9IKxM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Do you have a name or number to the place where you bought it?

I see you said you bought it locally and would talk about getting a discount. I just want a name number or something to where I can actually order this.

Thanks...

pmexpert
04-17-12, 01:43 AM
Hmm..it is company named Cadillac Exclusive, placed in Russia so don't think that will be really helpful. They proposed $10 for the orders of 10pcs and up. Anyway I can give you theirs contact details for direct order. Did I got right you have the same name on tahoeyukon forum?
I just called to the postoffice, they told me that it cost approx $40 to send to US using Express mail. It's huge extra for one module, so might be more reasonable for you to receive all modules and resend them inside US for almost nothing.

nathanjax
04-17-12, 01:49 AM
Hmm..it is company named Cadillac Exclusive, placed in Russia so don't think that will be really helpful. Anyway I can give you theirs contact details for direct order. But if I got right you have the same name on tahoeyukon forum? I just called to the postoffice, they told it cost approx $40 to send to US using Express mail. So maybe

Sent PM

Nice Ride
04-17-12, 03:37 AM
Does it close the sunroof?

pmexpert
04-17-12, 03:48 AM
Mirrors and windows only

PB Escalade
04-17-12, 03:49 AM
I am very interested in purchasing one of them too. So if you buy in bulk I will buy one. Or can you post or pm me the contact info?

Thank you

pmexpert
04-17-12, 05:13 AM
I think u can order together with Nathan, to save some bucks on shipping

nathanjax
04-17-12, 05:20 AM
Find out how much they would charge for 5 to 10 units. I'll buy a bunch and then sell them to people over here. I wouldn't do this to make money, but if each person has to pay $40 in shipping from Russia, it might be a little expensive...

PB Escalade
04-17-12, 07:33 PM
Well I'm in for sure. Just let me know how you want to do it.

chakde
04-17-12, 08:15 PM
I ordered the one on post 37 from eBay for like $13 and free shipping. Will keep you posted to see how it pans out. If it doesn't work I guess I will be in for couple of the other ones as well.

rjjfam
04-18-12, 11:52 AM
Hey I'll buy one also

Nice Ride
04-18-12, 04:43 PM
Where does it connect? Was it a Esc. that this was installed on?

twarnes
04-18-12, 09:06 PM
I would be interested in buying one too.

LeftLane
04-19-12, 03:16 AM
You will probably have to buy a box form DEI to get the comfort box to work. GM's uses the BCM (body control module)to turn turn things on and off. Just about every thing that gets turned on and off including rolling up/down of the windows are done by the BCM.
Meaning this, if you want to fold the mirrors and roll up the windows you will have to have this box made by DEI that sends the signal threw the purple wire on the OBD port to tell those mirrors to fold in and widows to roll up.
If the comfort box is a universal box and is not made for you vehicle,chances are your going to need the box from DEI. Anybody who has dealt with installing a after market alarm on a BCM controlled car, knows what I talking about.

----------

A databus interface is what you will need made by Directed Electronics and probably other companies.

chakde
04-19-12, 11:56 PM
Since the mirrors are powered all the time this may work without the DEI module. For rolling up windows you maybe right. I was thinking that you would just hook to a wire from the mirror switch that gets triggered by the lock and unlock pulse wire.

PB Escalade
05-05-12, 11:38 PM
Any new updates???

toygar
05-09-12, 09:13 AM
very curious to find out,from the video we saw i know it is possible but which part to get from where and how to install is a mystery ....

Nice Ride
05-10-12, 10:44 PM
My alarm guy set up my mirrors to auto close when the alarm sets, auto open upon disarm. He had to connect to the wire at the switch. If I wanted, he could do the windows, sun roof, Fog lights, running boards.... Very simple for the professional, justs costs. money.... He added push to start to his truck. Was thinking about adding it and installing the button in the plastic under the arm rest in the front. Upon walking up the the car, the system would disarm, open mirrors, turn on what ever lights I want, put down the running boards, get in truck press start and on my way... No keys......

bruin300
05-11-12, 09:51 AM
Where is your alarm guy located?

Nice Ride
05-11-12, 10:05 AM
New York. Company name Movin on Sound. I have been using them for over 20 years.

mbdubb2361
05-15-12, 09:59 PM
My alarm guy set up my mirrors to auto close when the alarm sets, auto open upon disarm. He had to connect to the wire at the switch. If I wanted, he could do the windows, sun roof, Fog lights, running boards.... Very simple for the professional, justs costs. money.... He added push to start to his truck. Was thinking about adding it and installing the button in the plastic under the arm rest in the front. Upon walking up the the car, the system would disarm, open mirrors, turn on what ever lights I want, put down the running boards, get in truck press start and on my way... No keys......

Where are you located, would love to get this done to mine?

Nice Ride
05-16-12, 12:27 AM
Long Island, NY. Company is located in Franklin Square, NY. Ask to spark to Bruce, the owner. Known him for over 20 years. If you need any other info, let me know.