: GPS/Misc Electrical Issues - PCM?

salvie
11-10-11, 02:30 PM
2008 STS AWD - SB1 - 48k Miles
I'm having intermittant issues like:

- When I approach my car with the FOB in my pocket, I reach to unlock and open and some times my driver side mirror tilts all the way down by itelf

- The criuse control stopped working one day - pulled car over & turned vehicle off and it was OK. Never did it again.

- Just today, for the first time, my NAV system went a little hay wire. I was programmed to a destination and I looked down during the trip, and the map was off - like 1/4 mile off of the highway. Then I noticed that there was a box on the left part of the screen that had the letters GPS with a red diagonal line going thru it. I pulled over, turned the car off hoping for a reset, it didnt work and now the GPS red line box is up perm.

I just seems like there's an electrical gremlin some where... Could it be a battery issue? Its the original...
Sounds like I need to buy the GM PP Extended Warranty soon!
Any ideas?
Thanks

KRSTS
11-10-11, 02:33 PM
You need to buy a GMPP before you reach 50K miles when the prices jump dramatically.

EChas3
11-10-11, 09:16 PM
It wouldn't be the first time a new battery fixed weird STS behavior. My wife's 2007 STS hasn't had any oddities since I installed the Optima SC78S. It's snug but sweet.

I should get one for me, too. Any opinions on sellers?

ddalder
11-11-11, 12:34 AM
Sounds like you have a couple of problems, but the PCM won't affect your navigation in the manner described. The flag with the red line through it means it isn't receiving a satellite signal. This happens on mine frequently and is not a big deal. Similarly, being 1/4 mile off on the screen also isn't surprising. Again, this happens on mine occasionally. Sometimes in the same spot all the time (which suggests map data problems) and sometimes when driving and I experience too many satellite reception problems.

The mirror, well that's a bit of an odd one. I don't have an explanation for that. There have been other odd things that crept up where power cycling corrected the issue. You know what they say about software though... There's always one more bug :)