: Going to Paint next week!

ranger2525
11-10-11, 03:09 PM
My 05 redline make it's way to the paint shop next week for the new do. As of this moment we are going to Black the upper half and cut silver between the red and black into some kind of nice pattern. And finish the car in satin not gloss clear coat for the flat finish look. Let me hear your thoughts!!

CancerJCC
11-10-11, 11:39 PM
My 05 redline make it's way to the paint shop next week for the new do. As of this moment we are going to Black the upper half and cut silver between the red and black into some kind of nice pattern. And finish the car in satin not gloss clear coat for the flat finish look. Let me hear your thoughts!!

Tough to envision. Show us some pics when your done.

j_Son
12-05-11, 02:43 PM
pictures??

mberisha
12-05-11, 02:47 PM
yeah....that!

How'd the paint job come out?!

thebigjimsho
12-05-11, 07:23 PM
Maybe not too good...

JDB
12-05-11, 11:02 PM
There's a black and silver CTS that I see commuting sometimes and it looks terrible...namely up front where they failed with keeping with the lines of the car...which may not be possible.

CadzillaTN
12-06-11, 12:05 AM
Yeah if you were going to do it, you'd have to follow the lines... Even then, ummm....

Can't be worse than a 3 foot V logo on the side.

Your cash, your car.

thebigjimsho
12-07-11, 02:10 AM
Yeah if you were going to do it, you'd have to follow the lines... Even then, ummm....

Can't be worse than a 3 foot V logo on the side.

Your cash, your car.Yeah, but my eyes...

ranger2525
12-14-11, 05:06 PM
My body man is stacked to the rafters with insurance work. So... But we have not settled on a paint scheme. The painter doesn't like the satin clear idea and neither does my fiance. That may be out. Trying to make the car look mad but not loose the classy appeal. Any ideas would be great! Going to spend about 10K. I did buy a set of four Focal 6" speakers front and rear. About 2K but WOW do they sound awesome!! I am putting in the JL10W7 next with 2 Audison amps and Eclipse cd7000 head unit. Will loose my Nav. and some info. features but Oh the sound!!

AAIIIC
12-15-11, 10:26 AM
$10k just for the paint job? :bonkers: Yikes!

M5eater
12-15-11, 10:33 AM
$10k just for the paint job? :eek: Yikes!

a good- factory quality paint job starts at around 10K, you can easily spend twice that once you start getting into custom colors and effects.

AAIIIC
12-15-11, 10:38 AM
I've seen plenty of factory quality paint jobs that didn't cost anywhere near $10k.

I guess it depends on one's definition of "factory quality". The "factory quality" OEM paint on my '05 V has orange peel. The "factory quality" paint on my Subaru will chip if it even sees a pebble on the road. "Factory quality" on a high end luxury car is ridiculous, and I could easily see that sort of thing costing megabucks.

M5eater
12-15-11, 10:42 AM
I've seen plenty of factory quality paint jobs that didn't cost anywhere near $10k.
All I'll say is opinions on what is perfect varry widely with paint. What you might consider acceptable someone else might have a problem with. In my experience, to attain a fresh metal, museum/concours grade finish that is absolutely 100% defect free in sunlight < 3" away, you need to be eyeballing 5 figures.

ranger2525
12-15-11, 05:01 PM
If you feel that 10k on paint is to much you have not had a nice paint job or do not know what "good" paint looks like. The paint on my show truck was 14.5k and my Harley was 5K. You can get 4k Paint job but with prep. and paint you get what you pay for trust me. My paint on my Truck is 7 yrs old and it is driven alot. I have won my class @ the world of wheels for the past 6yrs with the same paint. You also have to disassemble the entire vehicle to do it right.

----------

Btw I like your Screen name M5 eater My Tag is M5 ETR

Gus_Mahn
12-24-11, 08:19 PM
Personally I hate flat paint. It looks like unfinished base coat to me. I don't mind it on a ratrod, but IMO it kinda cheezy on a modern car and even more so on a sedan. I general I feel the same way about big graphics and multi colors on sedans. Maybe yours will change my mind. Post up some pictures after it's done.

hXc95SLS
12-28-11, 09:40 AM
You want to talk about insanely priced paint? Try this on for size, "The Beast" built buy Elizabeth Truck Center and Car Craft on Staten Island. This custom 1997 Peterbilt 379 has a paint job rated over $25,000. That's jut one example. Look up and car that has ever won the riddler award. Absolutely flawless in every way. http://www.elizabethtruckcenter.com/images/specials/theETC_BEAST.jpg

thebigjimsho
12-29-11, 12:11 AM
Staten Island? Who woulda thunk it?

liqidvenom
12-30-11, 11:58 PM
A high quality paint job is far from cheap. just he prep and taking body panels off the vehicle alone cost alot.

Factory quality paint on most non luxury vehicles is pretty poor. And honestly the paint on the V isnt that nice, even some v2s had pretty poor paint ( peel and what not). The diamond black is actually pretty nice.

Thats one way to tell if your vehicle is in the same class as another vehicle. Look at the detail of the paint work and the quality put into it.

sundevil05ctsv
01-04-12, 09:41 PM
My body man is stacked to the rafters with insurance work. So... But we have not settled on a paint scheme. The painter doesn't like the satin clear idea and neither does my fiance. That may be out. Trying to make the car look mad but not loose the classy appeal. Any ideas would be great! Going to spend about 10K. I did buy a set of four Focal 6" speakers front and rear. About 2K but WOW do they sound awesome!! I am putting in the JL10W7 next with 2 Audison amps and Eclipse cd7000 head unit. Will loose my Nav. and some info. features but Oh the sound!!

Maybe I can help you with your paint scheme Ranger... My V is currently in the shop getting painted, supposed to be done within the next couple of days. I did the new house of kolor kandy blurple w/ black following the body lines the way I drew it and cutting off around the hatch... It's a little hard to describe but I'll try to post some pics for you when its done so you can see. and as far as price goes 10k is very reasonable for show quality paint, If it wasn't for me being friends with the owner of a custom shop i'd easily be paying 12k or more for this job.

Ny's Caddy
01-05-12, 04:50 PM
We Wanna See Pics!!!

mberisha
01-07-12, 11:35 AM
:yeah::woohoo:

sundevil05ctsv
01-10-12, 01:07 PM
Should be done in a few days! here's a sneak peak 84951

hXc95SLS
01-10-12, 02:41 PM
Is that the color changing paint? If so I'm already a fan

liqidvenom
01-10-12, 09:42 PM
thats a sweet looking paint color.

sundevil05ctsv
01-13-12, 07:45 PM
Yes it does change colors its the new house of kolor kandy blurple with magenta.. It'll be done tuesday thank god, I am going nuts with out my car! :banghead:

I hate my AMG
01-14-12, 05:56 PM
More pictures!!!

54inches
01-15-12, 10:57 PM
Awwww, I was hoping for the Red and Black......

EdmundGTP
01-16-12, 02:30 PM
This, I may actually need to see in person..

jmildoc
01-16-12, 07:31 PM
Very nice!

sundevil05ctsv
01-17-12, 12:31 PM
This, I may actually need to see in person..

your more then welcome to I get her back tonight just pin striping needs to be done

sundevil05ctsv
01-17-12, 12:35 PM

I'll post a new thread with completed pix

I hate my AMG
01-18-12, 07:51 PM
i like the paint came out awesome , im not feeling the rims i feel that there was some other choice that reallly could have made this sick. but to each his own ! i admire you going agaist the normal and trying something completely different to your V , good job keep it up

ranger2525
02-09-12, 01:48 PM
Sorry have been busy for awhile! Car has still not made it to the bodyshop! I have more problems to deal with. I just side stepped my clutch @ 4K and the rear end went KABOOM!!!! Want to see more pix of the completed (painted) V!! My truck is painted with House of Color Burple (not Blurple) not sure of the difference. Mine was painted over Bright Mercedes Silver. It does not really change colors like chamelion. But it is baddass color.

AAIIIC
02-10-12, 12:45 AM
I just side stepped my clutch @ 4K and the rear end went KABOOM!!!!
Don't worry about it, there's no way you could have foreseen that happening in one of these cars!

rjoffe
02-10-12, 12:01 PM
urgg (ignore my post)

shadybx7
02-10-12, 06:50 PM
moar pics in sunlight please... it is without a doubt original

thebigjimsho
02-11-12, 07:51 PM
Maybe we should separate the OP's thread from teh Barney the Dinosaur pics...

I keed, I keed...

maybe.

TroyFleming
02-17-12, 08:18 PM
I painted my V color Aston Martin - Quantum Silver need to update my thread with new pictures completely forgot until I saw this thread. Personally not a fan of House of Kolor paints on anything but hot rods but cool color.