: Daylight savings digital clock resetting

racingf1
11-10-11, 08:17 AM
After following the reseting of digital clock inst. and shutting off vehicle for the night or whatever, The digital clock resets itself back to the time previously set. My friend has same vehicle and his digital clock is doing exact same thing.

Any way to correct this short of a visit to service. ( the device from hell area at our dealer ) If no easy fix, I'll live with it instead of going to the service dept.

allgm
11-10-11, 11:04 AM
Had the same problem. It is a dealer fix. They have to reprogram Radio Nav Unit. Seems to be a common problem. Good Luck

paid4c4
11-10-11, 01:07 PM
GM must have fixed the problem in the 2012's as mine set the first time I tried it and continues to show the right time.
Bill

stevec5375
11-10-11, 06:40 PM
GM must have fixed the problem in the 2012's as mine set the first time I tried it and continues to show the right time.
Bill

If you're right, it sure took them long enough. Yours is the 3rd year the model has been on the street.

sube5186
11-10-11, 09:14 PM
This problem only affected certain vehicles. Personally, I never had the problem. The software update was designed to fix those vehicles that did.

Sube

racingf1
11-11-11, 09:51 AM
I was hoping someone knew a way to reset digital clock SHORT of a trip to the service dept. If my past dealings with Cadillac service are any indication the fix will take at least a day and I will have to wait an hour for their loaner car and an hour too pick up my car. Even then I will not be sure problem is fixed.

I'll just live with the problem if that's the case.

RippyPartsDept
11-15-11, 04:44 PM
we just did one of these ... had to order the radio unit (if that happens to you you'll have to re-load any music on the HDD if you had that option and loaded any)

as i understand it, the service procedure is to first reprogram - then update if the reprogram didn't work - then order a new radio if the update didn't work

the technician has to have GM's techline on the phone to ensure that they're doing the steps correctly and not ordering radios needlessly
(the radio we needed is currently on backorder, probably due to so many people having this problem, and then the repairs/updates have to be done on the cores that get sent back)

stevec5375
11-15-11, 06:28 PM
we just did one of these ... had to order the radio unit (if that happens to you you'll have to re-load any music on the HDD if you had that option and loaded any)

as i understand it, the service procedure is to first reprogram - then update if the reprogram didn't work - then order a new radio if the update didn't work

the technician has to have GM's techline on the phone to ensure that they're doing the steps correctly and not ordering radios needlessly
(the radio we needed is currently on backorder, probably due to so many people having this problem, and then the repairs/updates have to be done on the cores that get sent back)

Who all is going to rush out and buy the new models with the CUE system ready for Beta testing?

RippyPartsDept
11-15-11, 06:42 PM
not you apparently

stevec5375
11-15-11, 07:18 PM
not you apparently

Dude, after what I've been through on this 2010 model, you got that right. :)

If Americans want us to continue buying American, then they need to spend more time testing and get it right. I work on software in the financial industry. You would not believe the level of testing our stock trading applications get before we make them public. It could cost us huge $$ if we screwed up a wealthy customer's stock or options trades.

If only car manufacturers saw it the same way. But I guess if your clock won't work, no big deal. After all, it's only a CUSTOMER HASSLE.

My company just gave every employee a book: The Ultimate Question 2.0 (http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Question-Revised-Expanded-Customer-Driven/dp/1422173356/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321399413&sr=1-1), by Fred Reichheld. GM and other American car makers would do themselves a favor by doing the same for their employees (if they could get them to read it).

JimmyH
11-16-11, 02:13 PM
If Americans want us to continue buying American, then they need to spend more time testing and get it right. I work on software in the financial industry. You would not believe the level of testing our stock trading applications get before we make them public. It could cost us huge $$ if we screwed up a wealthy customer's stock or options trades.

lulz, because we all know how wonderful the financial industry has done over the last few years :histeric:

Ponyman
11-16-11, 04:35 PM
You got that right Jimmy. All that wonderful software didn't prevent the meltdown, and probably contributed to it. Maybe we should get some Indian programmers.

stevec5375
11-16-11, 06:53 PM
lulz, because we all know how wonderful the financial industry has done over the last few years :histeric:

Actually the one I work for has done quite well and was not involved in the "meltdown". Is changing the subject your way of try to detract from my original message? CUSTOMER SERVICE

RippyPartsDept
11-16-11, 06:59 PM
Treat each and every customer as number one.
Ditch the bad mood at the door to provide prompt attention, reliability, product knowledge, and empathy.
Thoroughly explain difficult situations and create a satisfactory compromise.
Listen carefully.
Offer suggestions to complement services.
Always strive for service excellence.
Recommend expert services and professional advice to others.
Be creative.
Welcome feedback for continual improvement.

although my favorite idiom that i tell myself after dealing with people who just aren't reasonable is
"you can't please everyone"

JimmyH
11-16-11, 08:21 PM
Actually the one I work for has done quite well and was not involved in the "meltdown". Is changing the subject your way of try to detract from my original message? CUSTOMER SERVICE

it's my way of trying to detract from the steve and pony show

Ponyman
11-16-11, 08:32 PM
I like your attitude Rippy

Andy_TN
11-16-11, 11:03 PM
Same problem here. As well, our problems with the Navi not acquiring satellite for more than a few minutes after driving persist as well. We also now get the "don't drive and look at the screen" warning screen at every startup now (was not like this when we purchased car). They've already replaced our unit once. And supposedly updated and reprogrammed it in subsequent visits. Really getting old....

racingf1
11-17-11, 10:14 AM
This clock resetting problem was NOT a problem when I reset time LAST year at this time. It seems the service done during the safety recall probably caused problem. Oh Well, probably can live with it for awhile since time will be correct again in the spring.