: Just to introduce the fam.

highonchai
11-02-04, 04:17 PM
Hi, im a long time member but i dont think ive posted pics of my cars yet, so heres the family :thumbsup:

An '89 Sedan deVille and a '69 Sedan deVille(undergoing restoration) get to share the garage. Just thought i'd introduce them to you all. Thanks, let me know what you think!

CADDYBLACK99
11-02-04, 04:34 PM
Welcome!

We have seen you around here for a while, but its alway nice to make it official! Thanks for joining! I especially like the 69', that big huge grille looks like it is smiling! Thanks for the pictures.
:welcome:
Paul

Adam
11-02-04, 04:58 PM
nice cars man. :thumbsup: :welcome:

D148L0
11-02-04, 05:14 PM
Nice 69 ! :thumbsup:

Ralph
11-02-04, 05:17 PM
Nice. I've been looking for a front plate like on your '89. What I want is gold script/emblem with black background. All I found was a silver background with black CADILLAC script. It melts nicely into the chrome bumper but the problem is that it doesn't get seen. :crying:

highonchai
11-02-04, 05:48 PM
Thanks a lot all! :D

I hear ya' frank. the one i have came on my mom's '85 deville back when she bought it. We sold it quite a few years back (before i found my love for Cadillacs) but found the plate in the garage just after i bought the '89, so that one was from the dealership, and you see them every now and then on e-bay. You can hardly tell from the pictures but mine is pretty chewed up from continuous highway driving, looks like its been sand-blasted actually. Anyway, ill bet you could make your own without too much trouble, just find one of these plates, then get the gold '89-'93 emblems from the sides of the roof and put those in place of the chrome emblems. And maybe get a good air-brush guy to paint the silver cadillac script gold, then youre all set, if you want to go through the trouble.
Anyway, thanks again!

65calais1
11-02-04, 06:38 PM
Nice 69 man there used to be one that same green and everything that used to be around here in 91, cant remember if it was a 69 or 70 thogh I was only 9 years old. I can tell you this much it was the car that really turned me on to cadillacs though. Now I have a 65 cadillac Calais that i'm planning on putting a 472 or 500 in. Glad to see another guy with an old caddy in the group. Chris

Fred Fachman
11-03-04, 04:17 AM
Love both cars. I had a '69 Fleetwood,'69 SDV and '89 SDV. The '89 had 248,000 when I sold it and still running strong. The only repair was an alternator replacement. The '69/'70's had a number of fine attributes such as the high back seats,true pillarless sedans without window frames and a dash that would not allow anyone other than the driver to operate the radio. I admire anyone who appreciates Cadillacs built before 1980. Welcome.

highonchai
11-07-04, 02:10 PM
I too admire anyone who takes a special interest in pre-boxed cadillacs, and i apreciate that Fred.

I just got around to getting photos of the youngest addition to my Cadillac family. I rescued this 1990 Sed. DeVille with 164.5K mi from an abusive and neglectful young couple that filled it with smoke, rarely washed it, and didnt burn premium in it, poor thing. But i am slowly nursing it back to health and will be selling it to a proper family, perhaps one of you!! I still have a few things to take care of, like the rear quarter trim, hub caps, badges, pinstripes, and other minor things. My friend and fellow Cadillac nut Tim and I brought the paint back to life yesterday, it has new plugs, wires, rotor and cap, a freshly cleaned throttle body, and tune up. When i get it finished ill be posting it in the classified section, so look out! No detail on this car will be over-looked. But now for the pics.

majax
11-07-04, 04:36 PM
hey good luck on the DeVille there, you have some nice cars. I really like the color of your '89. You can get the stock rims for a pretty affordable price if you don't want hubcaps.

:welcome: