: STS Makes Forbes Most Stolen List

Greg00coupe
11-09-11, 08:41 PM
Never have been able to make rhyme or reason of these lists..... Must be stealing them for their door handles!!!!

ww.forbes.com/pictures/ehmk45fdhh/cadillac-sts

turnne
11-11-11, 07:39 AM
I was thinking the same thing....parts maybe

I know 20 years ago...GM luxury was high on the stolen list becuase they were easy to steal
all you needed was a screwdriver to crack a hole in the steering column
My understanding was that a luxury GM, from that era, could be stolen in minutes

My Olds Toronado was stolen in that period

Warren

Frikiton
11-13-11, 03:19 PM
I saw a video a few months ago how easy it was to steal an Escalade, now I dont know about the STS.
In my opinion they tried stealing mine but couldn't get in. I found 2 huge rocks inside the car, and broken driver side window but the glass was intack took me about 20mins to break it completely and get it fixed.

M5eater
11-14-11, 09:47 AM
I really don't think it's normally about how easy it is. 2 of the top 3 spots(and 33% of the total list) are occupied by immobilizer equiped German sedans which bring big $$$ and requires very expensive equipment to reset if the immobilizer is activated--remember, alot of these people acutally have tow trucks to quickly and safely haul the thing away too.

What it comes down to is what can be easily turned for a profit, because I'm sure, a honda civic or Chevrolet Aveo are much easier to steal than a Mercedes CL..

Frikiton
11-14-11, 02:49 PM
I think Honda and Acura's are the most stolen and wanted cars in the streets. People break in them for parts or steal it completely (racers etc). Now the high-end cars are always wanted of course but its a bit harder to steal those isn't it

johnny-cash
11-14-11, 09:46 PM
It behoves you to get on star if your worried about someone taking your ride......

tomm
11-14-11, 09:47 PM
Never have been able to make rhyme or reason of these lists..... Must be stealing them for their door handles!!!!

ww.forbes.com/pictures/ehmk45fdhh/cadillac-sts

Or maybe for insurance fraud. I think these STS's are worth more in a paid claim then their actual values. It's amazing how fast a $60k car is worth $10k.

Frikiton
11-14-11, 10:22 PM
Or maybe for insurance fraud. I think these STS's are worth more in a paid claim then their actual values. It's amazing how fast a $60k car is worth $10k. So insurance will pay more than what someone can actually sell it for?