: here's one for you..I had no idea re: interior light

murphy
11-09-11, 08:29 PM
When I got my vehicle back from the dealer after the Viper start and 3m install ( and a couple tweaks) the interior lights would no longer come on when the door was opened..pushed the knob in,,,,out,,twisted...nada...no light even tho it would work when twisted all the way to the right...so did a little research and did you know there is another switch at the TOP dash base of the push in/push pop out knob ? that you push in /push out...well I didn't but I do now :)

Bunty
11-09-11, 11:15 PM
Had no idea about that... I'm going to go check it and see. Thanks for telling us!

07BlkOnBlkEXT
11-09-11, 11:29 PM
Might need a photo of this because I can't imagine where this would be.

groovymambo
11-09-11, 11:31 PM
Thank you, you saved me a trip to the dealership, there is no mention of this in the manual and it was driving me nuts

murphy
11-09-11, 11:33 PM
It's the face of the dash immediate above the button with the icon on it...It presses in/out

groovymambo
11-09-11, 11:33 PM
it's the actual plastic bezel plate that surrounds the switch (knob), the upper section of the plastic is actually a push type switch

07BlkOnBlkEXT
11-10-11, 12:45 AM
Oh I see what you're saying, I just thought that it was obvious that that is a button.

2007caddy
11-10-11, 02:02 AM
It's within the manual, the OVERRIDE switch is used to disable the interior lights when lengthy work is being done on the vehicle to prevent battery drain (even though the system turns off the light around 10 minutes or so, as soon asopne a door the light will come back on). If your work on or clean your vehicle for about a hour (give or take) the enterior lights being on can kill your battery.....it's a good idea to go through every switch on your vehicle to understand its use and intent that has prevented me from visiting the dealer...that's why I believe having the right features for a vehicle is essential oppose to having a thousand bells and whistles which you may never use or know how they are for....car manufacturers are also under the same thinking, they analyze features/options before they added as the same feature can end up turning into many NON PROFIT visits to the dealer.

hcvone
11-10-11, 07:32 AM
My shop guys showed me the first visit, may people have this issue when they clean their trucks