: 2011 SRX Window Issue

OakForrestCaddy
11-09-11, 04:41 PM
Hello All,

My wife and I purchased the '11 Cadillac SRX a few months ago. I was wondering if anyone here has had the same issue we have experienced.

A few nights ago my wife parked outside after work and not in the garage because we were both about to leave for dinner. When we went outside to get in her car, we noticed the windows were rolled down. Not thinking anything of it, I assumed she rolled her windows down to enjoy the cool air as she was driving home. Today, the same thing happened but this time the windows were down at her office and the back hatch was open as well. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We live in Houston and this car will be stolen soon if the windows and hatch continue to open by themselves.

Other than that, we LOVE to car and I drive it as often as she lets me!

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

sube5186
11-09-11, 09:04 PM
Don't worry. Your car is not haunted. There's a simple explanation for this. Do either of you keep the remote in your pocket with keys or anything else? This sounds like an accidental pressing of the remote buttons. I'm not sure if you're aware of it or not, but a long press of the "unlock" button lowers the windows. I did this once. I was at an outdoor concert when I happened to look over at my car and noticed the rear hatch was open. Now, I turn the switch on the driver's door "off" if I have the remote in my pocket. I'm noticing some car remotes require a double press of the buttons instead of one long press to prevent this from happening.

Sube