: Arlington, VA Self Service Car Wash

Natedog
11-09-11, 02:36 PM
Anyone know of a self service car wash in the Arlington area (preferrably East Falls Church)? I recently moved into an apartment and don't have a garage/hose etc. so i just need a place to take my own bucket, soap, and sponge and do it myself... so i really just need water.. anyone know a good spot? Google search turns up a bunch of articles from 5 years ago

612WharfAvenue
11-09-11, 02:53 PM
I think there's one of the coin-op spray-it-yourself deals down in 7 corners at a gas station. I just go to the sonic soft on rt. 7 and watch the machines do it for me.

Natedog
11-09-11, 03:06 PM
I think there's one of the coin-op spray-it-yourself deals down in 7 corners at a gas station. I just go to the sonic soft on rt. 7 and watch the machines do it for me.
Do you know which gas station by chance in seven corners? My black paint has never seen an auto car wash to date so i'd rather not start but i know the ones in Arlington get a lot of use

612WharfAvenue
11-09-11, 05:00 PM
Couldn't say which one, just recalling shop talk amongst a bunch of people looking for similar facilities from a few months back. They're hard to come by around here

jcollege
11-10-11, 01:28 PM
Yea man, I dont think that there are any coin operated ones in the Arlington area. Only ones that I know of are in Manassas, there is one on 28 and 234, not sure if that is too far for what you are looking for. Let me know if you want more precise locations.

rjoffe
11-11-11, 06:09 PM
Long hose from inside the apartment :)

Natedog
11-11-11, 06:18 PM
Long hose from inside the apartment :)
Haahaha, that'd be a 100 yard long hose! I'm going to ask around some of the gas stations this weekend in the area and see if i can turn anything up. I'll post up if successful.. thanks guys

rjoffe
11-13-11, 07:50 PM
You sure the apartment doesn't have an outside spigot somewhere ? Buy the maintenance guy a case of beer, and shoot the shit for a while, I'm sure he will pint you in the right direction.

msteno
11-14-11, 09:39 AM
There's a do-it-yourself place in Fairfax, not too far from you. It's by the Fairfax Circle, right behind a Long John Silvers. I think the cross intersection is Blake Lane and 29.