: Newer Cts key fob for an 05 cts-v, will it work?

Brandon_allairebell
11-08-11, 11:22 PM
I picked up what i think is an 07 key fob the newer square keyfob with the cadillac logo on the back and the metal bottom. Is there any way i can make it work with my 05 cts-v?

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-09-11, 03:33 PM
Brandon,
If you would like to send me your VIN number and name I can forward this question on and see if I can get any more information about this for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

CadzillaTN
11-09-11, 04:15 PM
Chance is somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.0%

JimmyH
11-11-11, 04:01 PM
It it's the same kind that the 2nd gen CTS uses, then no dice. It has already been looked into and they are incompatible.

CadzillaTN
11-13-11, 10:38 PM
Unfortunately.

Is it within the realm of possibility? I think so, but it would take someone with serious electronic modification skills, ie someone who repairs computer motherboards or other similar trade, to rig it up... Could they switch the guts of the current fob into this body and utilize the new buttons to trigger the signal?

Maybe that has been ruled out too. Just seems ridiculous that either the form factor or the internal guts can't be changed to accommodate this design..

I like many others would line up to buy a custom fob like that for a ridiculous price, if it were available....

mstrjon32
11-14-11, 01:58 PM
For about $60K you can have one. It comes with a V2, free of charge. :)

CadzillaTN
11-14-11, 02:15 PM
Touche!

JimmyH
11-14-11, 08:35 PM
Unfortunately.

Is it within the realm of possibility? I think so, but it would take someone with serious electronic modification skills, ie someone who repairs computer motherboards or other similar trade, to rig it up... Could they switch the guts of the current fob into this body and utilize the new buttons to trigger the signal?

Maybe that has been ruled out too. Just seems ridiculous that either the form factor or the internal guts can't be changed to accommodate this design..

I like many others would line up to buy a custom fob like that for a ridiculous price, if it were available....

I looked into it years ago. I designed a fob that would hold the first gen's PCB. I got quotes from machine shops and manufacturers from China. From a machine shop, I would have to buy hundreds, and sell them for $40. From China, I would have to buy 10000 and sell them for $20. And that's to break even assuming I could sell them all.