: New to the V world

Jennie054
11-07-11, 08:08 PM
I just got a 2005 CTS-V 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love this car but can someone please tell me if the clunking in the rear is normal and if there is a fix for it? Thanks y'all!

JimmyH
11-07-11, 08:16 PM
if you are talking about when stepping on the clutch at low speeds, yes that's normal.

welcome to the forums!

thebigjimsho
11-07-11, 09:26 PM
Welcome! And poast pics!

Houdini
11-08-11, 08:35 AM
:yeah:

Typical cts-v parade clunk. If the clunk in the rear is excessive, it is most likely a worn out diff bushing. OEM replacements don't stop the clunk fully and they wear out quickly. Some have better luck with the aftermarket bushing. I would suggest Creative Steel for that.

JimmyH
11-08-11, 01:18 PM
Welcome! And poast pics!

Post pics of the car, too.

GDPossehl
11-08-11, 02:47 PM
Have the creative steel polyurethane differential bushing AND the differential poly block installed. That should fix most of it.

dangrus
11-08-11, 10:22 PM
Are you getting a clunk when you are letting out the clutch like you have slack in the driveline? I get the same thing. I am pretty sure that it is the diff bushing that everyone is talking about. It is on the front of the diff, above the drive shaft. I looked at mine and it looked like it is still good, but you can't really get too close to it to do a proper inspection. If it is bad and needs to be replaced, then you will need a special tool that people rent out.

alradco
11-09-11, 06:46 PM
Welcome aboard.

Peter