: water damage

Harrison256
11-02-04, 09:48 AM
left my sunroof down the other day and it rained into the car and my seats and glove box were covered, will it be ok? the seats still seem like theyre retaining water because theyre very cold and if u sit on them for a few minutes your clothes get slightly damp (24 hours later) what should i do? will the seats be ok?

Harrison256
11-02-04, 12:57 PM
Huge bump, come on guys i need some advice fast, this isnt something that can wait that long something bads bound to happen? will it? or not? what should i do?

Bots12
11-02-04, 01:24 PM
My friend used to leave his sunroof open all the time, nother ever happened to his leather that we noticed but I do not know for sure. Sorry to hear about this.
Matt

MEJIA
11-02-04, 02:14 PM
If that ever happened to me, the first thing I will do is take my truck to the detail shop. There I will have my entire upholstery washed and dried profesionally. I would do this so that so that humidity will be gone and would not leave a rotting smell inside my SUV. Perhaps in the detail shop they can advise what to do regarding the leather seats.
P.D. It would be a good idea to wash the leather seats also with a leather cleaning solution and then apply a leather conditioner treatment, this due to the fact that rainwater is not the cleanest water around, perhaps the polluted rain can cause some damage to leather.

Hope you find a fast and good way to solve this unfortuante incident.

Mejia

Harrison256
11-02-04, 03:19 PM
thanks, one thing though, will it dry out on its own?

Harrison256
11-03-04, 12:11 PM
UGH i took it to the dealer yesterday under hte impression they would get right on it, instead 24 horus later they havent even gotten to it, its sure to have mold by nwo

MEJIA
11-03-04, 02:12 PM
thanks, one thing though, will it dry out on its own?

If it dries out on its own being rain water, you will probably have mold, and for sure a very bad smell.

Mejia

outofdablue
11-03-04, 02:58 PM
I would wash it with a leather cleaner and than condition it. I would also try drying it with a blow dryer and leave the heated seats on for a while, can't hurt to try.

onbagz2002
11-03-04, 03:15 PM
take the seats out and get like a blow dryer type thing. Lay the seats down and blow air from the bottom of then...

Harrison256
11-04-04, 09:28 AM
ok the dealer is now worjking on it, they are going to take it out and dry it, they cant do anything for the armrest though so is there anything i can do for it, will the seat smell because the dealer is cleaning it, will the armrest or do u think if i went with a hairdrier for a while itd be ok, also will the smell yalk talk about be permanent or temporary

MEJIA
11-04-04, 02:50 PM
Hope you get your truck washed, cleaned, and dried out so you can keep enjoying it!!

Best of luck,

Mejia :D