: New here introduction , just bought a V! NJ

I hate my AMG
11-06-11, 04:36 PM
Hey guys and girls ive been browsing the forums for a week or so now just soaking in some information and planning out the first couple mods on the new CTS-v I just bought ill get into that in a min ! But my names Eddie im 20 years old i live in Nothern NJ Sparta specificly. Im a car fanatic , i Previously have built from the ground up a fuly built 1989 turbo targa Supra which i just sold recently and own a 1964 1/2 Mustang Covertable fully restored which i recived from my dad. I just recently just sold my daily C32 AMG which i owned for 2 years and decided it was time for change. Ive always loved the cts-v and have a good friend with a worked C6 Z06 that always told me just to get one but with most of my other friends owning Sti's and evo's i thought i was bound to join that clan but it wasnt till 2 weeks ago After driving a CTS-V at my local used car dealership i feel in love one. The one i test drove was a 04 72,000 miles and they wanted around 20k i wasnt looking to spend that much but the car was awesome. So coming home i widened my search and began to look for one. i came across an 04 black with 62k hit in the rear good bags runs and drives for a killer price .My farther who has been doing body collison work and painting cars for over 30 years, ( now builds and restores classics for customers and is a main salesmen at Keystone automotive bodyshop suppliers) and has acess to his own paint booth and shops was all for it to take on the project so i went ahead and bought the car. The car should be here sometime this week, im looking foward to getting the car and bringing it back to road worhty. In the mean time i will be buying a daily cheep jeep to get me around and for the winter 4x4 as i am a huge snowboard ( its always nice to have a nice car tucked away and salt free for witer too :D )

As soon as the car come pics will be up following a fully documented fix and start to the mods and addiction ahhaah !
Thanks guys look foward to learning more and hanging around the forum.
~Eddie

pato
11-06-11, 06:41 PM
Congrats and welcome!

thebigjimsho
11-06-11, 08:37 PM
I have a black '04 with 61k miles that needs a front clip and has rash from a cable median barrier down the driver's side. Been trying to figure out what to do with it...

thebigjimsho
11-06-11, 08:38 PM
Oh, and welcome!

elwesso
11-06-11, 09:32 PM
Welcome aboard. Hope the repairs work out for you, in my experience cars are "never the same" once they're hit but sounds like the damage may just be cosmetic and nothing too intense.

Either way good luck!

hXc95SLS
11-07-11, 09:01 AM
Welcome. There are a whole bunch of jersey guys on here with first gens. Your up near Sparta? Keep and eye out for a silver GTO near hopatcong. That's my ex fiancÚ and she loves to race and defiantly knows the potential of a V.

shadybx7
11-07-11, 10:58 AM
:welcome: looking forward to your pics.. hasnt been a good build thread on here in a while.. Summer jersey meet FTW

hXc95SLS
11-07-11, 11:26 AM
Yeah will I think the last meet I saw you at was at willowbrook mall when Jeff brought out his twin turbo V

shadybx7
11-07-11, 12:29 PM
jersey V meets... INFAMOUS

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/194072-3-6-dirty-jersey-ftmfw.html

JimmyH
11-07-11, 02:28 PM
welcome to the forums

jclayc
11-07-11, 06:19 PM
NJ has a great V1 crew. I'm up for a meet!

lilgCTS-V
11-07-11, 07:55 PM
that meet was epic! welcome to a car that you'll love and hate at the same time lol

thebigjimsho
11-07-11, 09:10 PM
jersey V meets... INFAMOUS

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/194072-3-6-dirty-jersey-ftmfw.htmlWhat goobers would go to that drivel?

shadybx7
11-07-11, 10:35 PM
▄ber :v: goobers...

hXc95SLS
11-08-11, 08:36 AM
There have also been goobers who have driven from Texas because are meets are just that epic..... Cough, cough

ahahnu
11-08-11, 09:32 PM
Bump to the NJ heads. What up all, been awhile...

thebigjimsho
11-09-11, 12:03 AM
There have also been goobers who have driven from Texas because are meets are just that epic..... Cough, coughhmm...

I hate my AMG
11-09-11, 03:11 PM
Looking foward to meeting some of the other NJ owners and the meets. Just got an email from the shop im buying the car from its scheduled to be picked up monday but they are working on getting the car picked up before the weekend if possible so im hopeing it can get picked up friday but if not its okay . im excited i think this weekend im taking a ride to CT to a yard that has a wrecked CTS-v in the front so the whole rear is open im thinking about getting all the parts in one shot and bringing them home. well see tho as soon as i get the car ill start a fully documented build thread :cool2:

~Eddie

shadybx7
11-10-11, 10:33 AM
snag me a front bumper rubber air dam while you're there

I hate my AMG
11-18-11, 12:46 AM
Car finally arrived yesterday, pics to follow tomorrow. The rear end is hit pretty good but not naything i wasnt expecting run great drived straight just an eye sore in the rear, The car extreamly clean outside inside underneith. hopefully the car will be going to the frame mechine this weekend if all goes well and all the parts are being ordered / picked up in the next couple days! ill be starting a build thread tomorrow to document the whole build. happy to join the v club ,

JimmyH
11-18-11, 05:33 PM
congrats, I hope it works out to your satisfaction. Let us know how it goes.

MLEO
11-19-11, 12:59 PM
I hope you enjoy your V! Looks like you NJ guys have some great meets, must be even bigger in the summer months....I would love to make the drive over with a few of the guys here.....

I hate my AMG
11-19-11, 06:22 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-appearance/245395-eddies-04-v-hit-revive-rebuild.html pics are up !and i am looking foward to the meets looks like i live in a good area to own a V :)