: OBDII access...its possible

danbuc
11-02-04, 04:27 AM
I spoke with my electrical teacher today about the possibility of accessing the OBDII computer in the Cadillac's in order to make changes and adjustments. He asked me to right down my vin# so he could talk to his friends in the automotive department at Delphi Electronics. He told me that they knew how and have done it before and that he would find out how for me. If I find out how, I will post it immediatley. He's highly connected in the electronic field (he helped design flight deck on Space Shuttle and Boeing 777), so I think he will be able to help. Hopefully I should have an answer within the next week or two. :thumbsup:

knifeparty420
11-02-04, 11:26 AM
that sounds awesome. what kind of things you think you would be able to change?

danbuc
11-02-04, 10:04 PM
I hope to be able to adjust ingition timing, air fuel mixture, and stuff like that. If I had the money once I'm able to do it, I would call XMS racing and buy the supercharger from them in a heartbeat, and then beef up the tranny. That would be sick. I'll probably have to settle with a high stall torque converter and the posi diff from domestic performance though. With the ability to change air, fuel, and things of that nature, I should be able to squeeze some more power out of the Northstar. Maybe I'll be able to turn off the 2nd gear start with traction control off, that would make things pretty interesting. He's a little busy right now, but my teacher said he would talk to his friends within the next week or so. All he said he needed from me was my vin#. I can't wait :D

knifeparty420
11-02-04, 11:01 PM
very exciting! make sure to keep me posted!

danbuc
11-03-04, 12:10 AM
Absolutely! When I find out, that info is getting posted first thing when I get home. :thumbsup:

knifeparty420
11-03-04, 03:12 PM
I can't find the link but there is a guy on here with an extensive car collection. He has that insanely fast 80 Fleetwood with the 500. He also has a 97 STS and talked about he had buddies that accessed his OBDII and upgraded his N*. He said NO ONE would be able to match what he did. So we'll see huh?

danbuc
11-04-04, 04:08 AM
Well see what happens. I know I'll definitely be able to get into it, its just a matter of money. If I had lots of money to burn, I could probably get my STS to run 10's or even high 9's.

I wonder if anyone has tried the Posi differential for the 4T80E. It's is sold by Domestic Performance

Here is the link http://www.domesticperformance.com/product_info.php?products_id=282