: 2008 Escalade Rattle driver side front end

bfrangakis
11-06-11, 11:00 AM
Yesterday my 2008 Escalade was at the Cadillac dealer for the whole day. It has a subtle quiet raddle in the front end drivers side. Seems to be at slower speeds only and while going over bumps. You can even hear it when you drive off the driveway onto the street. The dealer said they checked the entire front end/suspension/etc. greased and lubed all parts. I drove off the lot and heard the noise again.
It had new front tires installed 7 months ago. Also the hood was replaced a year ago due to a baseball landing on it at a ball park. Any thoughts on solving this frustraiting noice on my black beauty?

luxurylife33
11-06-11, 12:39 PM
check the bolts holding the hood down.. maybe the body shop didnt tighten them enough? It really could be anything... just jack it up and start tugging on everything

hdmech
11-06-11, 01:02 PM
Try this http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96264 or this http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/2008/04/pop-noise-in-left-front.html

murphy
11-06-11, 02:40 PM
Check the wheel center cap..they usually rattle

hcvone
11-07-11, 08:19 AM
Check the wheel center cap..they usually rattle

What he said, these have caused more rattles for owners than anything

Big Windy Ext
11-07-11, 09:19 AM
It took three visits and a service writer a ride home before they replaced my front shock.I also had a TSB about the hood hinge passenger side done,another difficult find that I found because there was a bit of worn paint.I hate annoying rattles!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-07-11, 04:49 PM
I agree, check the wheel center cap. I have heard that a few owners have had this issue. Let us know what you find out.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

bfrangakis
11-07-11, 09:29 PM
Thank you for the response....was hoping it was that easy but they are all tight

bfrangakis
11-07-11, 09:38 PM
did that and all 4 seem in tact and show no signs of rattling

bfrangakis
11-07-11, 09:42 PM
I am sure its the strut or a shock but the dealer claims its not. How do they know if the strut is good or if the shock is good or bad? Why would it rattle?

bfrangakis
11-07-11, 09:53 PM
Centre Caps are all ok...its very disapointing after the large amount of money this vehicle cost and the dealer has no idea what it is. Also, all of the problems are starting 1000 miles after the bumper to bumper is done :(

2007XTSDub
11-07-11, 10:26 PM
Thats why you get rid of these when your up!

Jake123
12-05-13, 01:01 AM
Yesterday my 2008 Escalade was at the Cadillac dealer for the whole day. It has a subtle quiet raddle in the front end drivers side. Seems to be at slower speeds only and while going over bumps. You can even hear it when you drive off the driveway onto the street. The dealer said they checked the entire front end/suspension/etc. greased and lubed all parts. I drove off the lot and heard the noise again.
It had new front tires installed 7 months ago. Also the hood was replaced a year ago due to a baseball landing on it at a ball park. Any thoughts on solving this frustraiting noice on my black beauty?

Try your plastic door locks inside your escalade they tend to rattle a lot. You can easily fix this by unlocking the doors so the plastic door lock pins are up and pull the tab open at the bottom of the pin and lift the plastic cover off. Now you insert a small piece off soft Velcro on door panel and put plastic door pin back on and it's rattle free

packman01
12-05-13, 08:18 PM
Had the same issue, their is a washer/cap on top of the strut under the boot. It can come loose and rattle over bumps at slow speed.. Can't hear it at high speed... If you take your wheel off you can fit your fingers under the boot and check... I cut a small piece of rubber and put it between the strut and washer to isolate it till I got new shocks ...

Andrew224
12-06-13, 01:55 AM
I just fixed a rattle on my '08. As stupid as it sounds, it was the front license plate. I only had the two top screws holding it on. The bottom of the plate would slightly rattle (where I could hear it at least) when my truck went over bumps at low speeds. I secured the bottom of the plate with two more screws and the rattle was fixed.