: 2008 escalade platinum headlamps

motorwerks
11-04-11, 07:14 AM
Hi. This is my first post on this forum (just joined 10 minutes ago). I just purchased a 2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum in white diamond/cocoa/beige two-tone interior from the local Cadillac dealer last week. I needed a good winter vehicle and my 2001 Mercedes ML55 AMG was getting old.

Anyhow, thanks to all the forum posters which helped so much in my Escalade shopping.

One issue with my truck, it has the normal HID headlamps and NOT the LED headlamps that all Platinum models should have. The production date was 5/08. I did a Google search and DID find some other dealers with '08 Platinums with normal HID lamps as well. I like the look of the LED lamps. Was there a production split where Platinums introduced the LED lamps?

I ordered the GMX550 Lockpick to add iPod capability and some WeatherTech winter floor mats. Any other recommendations? The truck as 38,000 miles or so and is Certified for another 3 years and 100,000 miles bumper-to-bumper from Cadillac.

Thanks again!

Satish Tummala

hcvone
11-04-11, 09:12 AM
Congrats on your new truck, I have seen several real platinums from 2008 (not trucks where people changed the front end) with HID headlights, didn't know where the cutoff was but this should help below. I like the Husky floor liners the best for winter, you can take them out and dump the water, handy for all the snow we get.

LED headlamps will be an enhancement added to the Escalade Platinum in the summer of 2008, shortly after the start of production of the Platinum model itself in the spring of 2008.

Mike06train
11-04-11, 08:15 PM
I like the look of the LED headlights but the swap is expensive and from what I read, not much brighter then the HID lights.

2007XTSDub
11-04-11, 10:17 PM
They are much dimmer

MrHolland
11-04-11, 10:31 PM
I have heard that they aren't as bright as the HIDs but because there are 7 LEDs per side the coverage is not only more uniform but better than the HIDs. Kind of a preference thing. I certainly enjoy mine!!

hcvone
11-05-11, 07:20 AM
You need to adjust the LED headlights slightly higher than the HID's because the LED lenes have more of a cutoff than the HID's, they are ok but don't offer the really long range that the HID's do even adjusted