: Open Track day @ NJMP Thunderbolt 11/7

Junior1
11-02-11, 03:07 PM
I know its short notice, but if any of you guys are interested... A group of us are renting out NJMP Thunderbolt road course on Monday 11/7
Its an all day open track day.
Should be about 20 of us all together with a few pro drivers mixed in. There will also be a driving coach available for 1 on 1 for a small fee too.
Figure around $350-$400 depending on how many go.
There are suites trackside that have 2 pullout sofabeds for approximately $125 for the night.
Please shoot me a PM or respond to the thread ASAP if interested

Thanks

Junior1
11-02-11, 07:23 PM
I will be there with my V unless my RDR Radiator don't come in time, otherwise I will be running an M3

hXc95SLS
11-03-11, 10:04 AM
What time does it start? Cause honestly I kind of want to take the day off. Also I have a home made camera mount, would it be a problem for inspection? Also do you know how much more it is for an instructor? I've been on thunderbolt before but I'm still some what of a noob....

Junior1
11-03-11, 10:29 AM
Mandatory drivers meeting is @ 8am sharp. As long as the camera mount is safe and secure I don't see it being a problem.
The coach will be there already for the day with me. There's 1 other guy interested also so we can all split the price and time so its fair...

hXc95SLS
11-03-11, 10:55 AM
Sounds reasonable do you know what the cost would come out to? I have to finish my exhaust this weekend before I head down there.

JDB
11-03-11, 04:05 PM
Grrrr.... wish I could on short notice, but slammed at work.

Junior1
11-03-11, 05:19 PM
NJMP is honoring member rates for the rooms. 20% off. Mention the Monday trackday

Junior1
11-08-11, 06:57 PM
Back from a great day. Weather turned out perfect.

We ended up being about 15 guys total. I ended up being the only V out there, but it didn't matter.

Notable pro-drivers in attendance were Sam Schultz, Steve Goldman, and Rick DeMan from Grand-Am and Aaron Povoledo from World Challenge.

Trade Manage Racing showed up with a new Camaro GS.R that was blazing fast. There were some Porsche's, BMW's, a Vette, a Miata and a couple of Honda's.

We'll set up another one soon...

JDB
11-08-11, 10:54 PM
Please give more notice!

Junior1
11-09-11, 04:46 PM
Please give more notice!

We will next time. This whole thing came together at the NASA races on Halloween weekend. Started out as a close group of friends getting together for the day. LOL. Next ones will be planned in advance...

Junior1
11-10-11, 08:30 PM
There may be another trackday on Tuesday 11/22. Keep yas posted or start a new thread as I get more info...