: New TPMS(tire pressure monitor sensor) installed but no luck getting it to work.

TheKid
11-01-11, 05:14 PM
Ok so my old TPMS was on the bum. On the dash board it read "--". When I went through the steps to get it back online, it worked for a little while, then crapped out again. So I spoke to Luke at Lindsay Cadillac and he sent me a replacement. I brought the part and my tire and rim to a reputable local tire place to have them install it. Trust me when i say that I made a pain in the butt out of myself by making sure they knew what they were doing.

Ok so I got home and reinstalled the tire. I went through the steps to get the new sensor back online. Turn key forward, lock and unlock doors, hold lock and unlock until horn chirps. Now I began letting the air out of the tires, beginning at the LF, then RF, the RR, then LR(which is the new one). All of them chirped the horn except for the new one. Now I'm pissed.

What is going on? I'm looking at the old part and there is no on/off switch or anything LOL. But seriously, any suggestions guys? I don't know what to do at this point. Does the new one take some time to adjust or something? IDK, please help.

NOTE** I just noticed that while going through the programming that I left the old TPMS in the glove compartment. Would this screw anything up?

Nick4208
11-01-11, 06:29 PM
I would try and remove the old tpms away from the car and try and again.

TheKid
11-01-11, 08:05 PM
Sorry guys. That certainly was the problem. Thanks. I knew that, just wanted to see if anyone else did too.