: is this guy smoking crack? $40k for a 07 V, CMON!

family-man
10-31-11, 10:25 PM
k so im tripping out over how much this guy is asking for his 2007 cts-v, yeah it looks to be in showroom condition, and only has 26,000 Kilometres, but really? $40,000 when a 09+ can be had for a few thousand more. I know its not my business, we'll sorta because im in the market for a 06-07 V but i'd say $30k MAX with that km. but im sure the seller, at his asking price would take a 30k offer as a severe lowball.. doesnt even have the chrome wheels,

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/CADILLAC/CTS-V/BURLINGTON/Ontario/19_4627717_/

wcryan
10-31-11, 10:41 PM
maybe his exhaust is worth 10k

odthetruth
10-31-11, 11:28 PM
I think he read that these might be collectors items and is trying to bank ASAP

Naf
11-01-11, 01:47 AM
Well, i am not asking for less than 56K for my car, its anything but stock....

Littered with CF panels, and some of the best parts on the market...Not to mention my engine was 22K...

If you can justify the price with what was done go for it, if its just a waste of time dont bring it up...

I have spent well over 150K on my car and i would be happy with just 56K for that is the price of just the mods...I depreciated the car value already

magna-v
11-01-11, 04:42 AM
I love how it says "half the price of new!" LOL maybe a 2012 V

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 04:25 PM
k so im tripping out over how much this guy is asking for his 2007 cts-v, yeah it looks to be in showroom condition, and only has 26,000 Kilometres, but really? $40,000 when a 09+ can be had for a few thousand more. I know its not my business, we'll sorta because im in the market for a 06-07 V but i'd say $30k MAX with that km. but im sure the seller, at his asking price would take a 30k offer as a severe lowball.. doesnt even have the chrome wheels,

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/CADILLAC/CTS-V/BURLINGTON/Ontario/19_4627717_/
thats my car,if you dont like the price, dont buy it.
i know iam priced high, but they are so many low ballers out there you have to price it high.
i just bought the car 4 months ago, paid 36 by the time i got it to me, put a 1500 headlight it in, 2 grand worth of exhaust 1300 in axles.
07 thunder v's are impossible to find, especially orignal paint !!
so yea you may think iam "smokin crack" but i say go find one for 30k in canada, you will be waiting a long time and it prob wont be very nice!
i wouldnt sell the car to someone like you anyways.
i hav been offered 35k at my local gm store on trade plus taxes which equates to 39 in change, which it what i will end up doing if i do decide to upgrade into a new v. i do not need to sell, just put it up for the hell of it.

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 04:26 PM
and by the way 09s for sale around here go for close to 50k, with low k

boosted353
11-01-11, 04:36 PM
I don't see any problem with him listing it for $40k. That is how much the car worth to him. If it isn't worth $40k for you to own that car then don't buy it.

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 04:43 PM
I don't see any problem with him listing it for $40k. That is how much the car worth to him. If it isn't worth $40k for you to own that car then don't buy it.
exactly my point
i have not listed it on the formus because i cant compete with us pricing on these cars, they are a dime a dozen if you dont care what color it is.

odthetruth
11-01-11, 05:30 PM
Didn't you just put axles on this and now you are selling it? If you decide to part with those axles and that V2 shift knob, let me know what you are asking. As long as it isn't 5k for axles and 2k for the knob, I might take them off your hands. LOL

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 05:49 PM
Didn't you just put axles on this and now you are selling it? If you decide to part with those axles and that V2 shift knob, let me know what you are asking. As long as it isn't 5k for axles and 2k for the knob, I might take them off your hands. LOL
lol not sure where you got 5k from, but yea if i trade it in to dealer, you can have the axles for 1k.
and yes i just bought the car, axles,corsa exhaust, highflow cats, pinsoft shifter, v2 knob, in the last 3 months
also had a new diff put it too lol

odthetruth
11-01-11, 05:58 PM
LOL I'm obviously joking about the price with the 5k axles. How much for the shifter?

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 06:12 PM
i would just sell the knob, shifter had a core on it, so i dont have factory anymore. i would sell the knob for 100 bucks
paid 130 from luke

family-man
11-01-11, 07:16 PM
scarsview chrysler just sold a 06 V with 52,000 km and had it listed for $25,888, another guy has a 07 f/s with 60k for $27,900..just saying

anyways, good luck with the sale, if it ever sells

Houdini
11-01-11, 07:19 PM
Why are you selling yours so quick? She looks great btw. GLWS. If you really want it gone you should take that generous dealer offer and RUN!

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 07:33 PM
Why are you selling yours so quick? She looks great btw. GLWS. If you really want it gone you should take that generous dealer offer and RUN!
that dealer quote was last friday, on trade on a new v wagon. just havnt decided if i want to buy bran new yet. i only put it up on autotrader for the mean time, because if it happens to sell, i can consider used 2011's

yonexsp
11-01-11, 07:36 PM
Take the GM trade in offer, I have an 05 V with 90km, great condition with the transmission all upgraded to the 06/07 under warranty to ensure no diff problems.

I'd expect no more then 20k or so.

You are smoking crack, and I live in Ontario a well. I'm looking at an 09 right now, landed in Canada for under 50k tax in Talk to teh guys at Transdeal.ca

Houdini
11-01-11, 07:39 PM
that dealer quote was last friday, on trade on a new v wagon. just havnt decided if i want to buy bran new yet. i only put it up on autotrader for the mean time, because if it happens to sell, i can consider used 2011's

Yeah I'm still looking for a low mileage v2 sedan. Got rid of my V1 a few weeks back and I'm missing it like crazy. Found a nice certified 2010 manual with recaros but it is black. Not sure I want the trouble of keeping a black car looking pristine. It's so hard to find a manual with the options I want so I may pull the trigger on this one.

Buying new is just so brutal with the depreciation.

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 07:45 PM
Yeah I'm still looking for a low mileage v2 sedan. Got rid of my V1 a few weeks back and I'm missing it like crazy. Found a nice certified 2010 manual with recaros but it is black. Not sure I want the trouble of keeping a black car looking pristine. It's so hard to find a manual with the options I want so I may pull the trigger on this one.

Buying new is just so brutal with the depreciation.
yea exactly
i found a couple of used 209-2011 v's but none of them close to me, almost all are in the states. i want a thunder gray sedan or wagaon, has to be manual, dont care on the recaros.
the good thing with new is you can pick and choose everything.
with my trade i would have to cough up an addition 29k plus tax lol

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 07:55 PM
Take the GM trade in offer, I have an 05 V with 90km, great condition with the transmission all upgraded to the 06/07 under warranty to ensure no diff problems.

I'd expect no more then 20k or so.

You are smoking crack, and I live in Ontario a well. I'm looking at an 09 right now, landed in Canada for under 50k tax in Talk to teh guys at Transdeal.ca

lol ok .
your 05 has 70 thousand more kms on it and is 2 years older. so i would expect a price difference hence why i opted 3 moths ago to spend way more to get a 2007 in my color choice with very low kms with warrenty rather then buying a high mileage 04/05
i am not comparing mine to a 2009.
2007s range all over the place in the states, just a qucik serch i found many for the 35k range ,so plus shipping ,duty and all the bs you would be into the same coin i am or more!!

yonexsp
11-01-11, 07:56 PM
Thunder, your right finding everything you want 2nd hand is hard right now.

I think in a year there will be more wagons, but they are hard to find, and seem to hold their value.

I think the wagon, Recaro & manual in Black woudl be quite rare in 20 years :) It's my dream car, the quote I got was for a sedan

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 07:58 PM
also i know i have it priced a little high, but you have to because of all the bs lowballers out there

2007ThunderV
11-01-11, 08:03 PM
Thunder, your right finding everything you want 2nd hand is hard right now.

I think in a year there will be more wagons, but they are hard to find, and seem to hold their value.

I think the wagon, Recaro & manual in Black woudl be quite rare in 20 years :) It's my dream car, the quote I got was for a sedan
yea exactly
nice quality preowned vs are hard to find period lol
i spent 6 moths looking for my 2007, and 3 months later i got the ich for a new one lol

GDPossehl
11-02-11, 08:49 AM
I don't know why you guys are giving this man such a hard time for pricing his V a little high. If anything he's doing us a favor by keeping the market value for these up.

RippyPartsDept
11-02-11, 09:23 AM
market value is what they sell for ... if it never sells that doesn't affect the market value

JimmyH
11-02-11, 12:16 PM
:tsucks:

repenttokyo
11-02-11, 12:38 PM
yea exactly
i found a couple of used 209-2011 v's but none of them close to me, almost all are in the states. i want a thunder gray sedan or wagaon, has to be manual, dont care on the recaros.
the good thing with new is you can pick and choose everything.
with my trade i would have to cough up an addition 29k plus tax lol

if you want a manual wagon, you will have to buy new. period. especially in Canada. The wagons are only being made with manual trannies if they are ordered that way from the factory. they will be rarer than hen's teeth on the used market, and even rarer in Canada.

repenttokyo
11-02-11, 12:38 PM
lol ok .
your 05 has 70 thousand more kms on it and is 2 years older. so i would expect a price difference hence why i opted 3 moths ago to spend way more to get a 2007 in my color choice with very low kms with warrenty rather then buying a high mileage 04/05
i am not comparing mine to a 2009.
2007s range all over the place in the states, just a qucik serch i found many for the 35k range ,so plus shipping ,duty and all the bs you would be into the same coin i am or more!!

there's no duty on a CTS-V, it's manufactuered in the U.S. I imported mine.

Crash-Override
11-02-11, 03:59 PM
The plate is worth 15k alone!!

I looked for that color for a long time and after about 6 months I came across my 05 Stealth (my second choice) and decided it was mine. I spent more than what the traditional silver and black cars of the like were going for but I like the color more.

Really clean and nice car BTW!

family-man
11-02-11, 04:00 PM
is duty mean taxes, cause if so, thats a pretty damn big chunk of $.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 04:09 PM
duty/taxes, whatever you want to call it , 13percent here in ontario on any vehicle!

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 04:13 PM
The plate is worth 15k alone!!

I looked for that color for a long time and after about 6 months I came across my 05 Stealth (my second choice) and decided it was mine. I spent more than what the traditional silver and black cars of the like were going for but I like the color more.

Really clean and nice car BTW!
lol yea the plate, that was off my supercharged harley davidson, i only had it on there for a week or so, just to boot around town while i was waiting for all the paper work.
yea exactly, gray v's always go for a bit more then the usuall black and silvers, more rare and harder to find.

CadzillaTN
11-02-11, 06:25 PM
If he were smoking crack, the price would be $40, not 40k.

smashn808
11-02-11, 07:35 PM
I understand your price is inflated for low-ballers, but why not price it at $39k? That big 40 number is going to scare some buyers off. just my opinion.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 08:19 PM
I understand your price is inflated for low-ballers, but why not price it at $39k? That big 40 number is going to scare some buyers off. just my opinion.
it is priced below 40k
its at 39.5k, i would let it go for 36k, there has to be room to negoiate in todays society.
plus i do not have to sell, just put it up for the hell of it, i already have a very strong dealer trade in appraisal good for 30 days, so that will be the route if i decide to upgrade.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 08:23 PM
scarsview chrysler just sold a 06 V with 52,000 km and had it listed for $25,888, another guy has a 07 f/s with 60k for $27,900..just saying

anyways, good luck with the sale, if it ever sells
what color were they? were they orignal paint? no accidents? balance of warrenty? how were the tires?
how much wear in the interior? paint condition?ect you need to compare apples to apples, when you are shopping for preowned
i bet they were black and absolutley killed with scratches, swirls, dents and chips,
i realize there will be cheaper cars, there will also be more expensive cars, you get what you pay for!
also mine has half the kms of those with some real nice upgrades!:cool:
here is an active comparable current for sale in subdury ontario
07 black v with 60k on it for 32k. so over twice the kms on it.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Cadillac-CTS-V-W0QQAdIdZ325598085

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 08:30 PM
also family man, why didnt you jump on those for sale? they were right in your price range

RippyPartsDept
11-02-11, 08:36 PM
as i understand, upgrades/mods add $0 to the value - unless the buyer is specifically interested in said upgrades/mods

stock is the most valuable state of a used car, again as i understand it

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 08:44 PM
as i understand, upgrades/mods add $0 to the value - unless the buyer is specifically interested in said upgrades/mods

stock is the most valuable state of a used car, again as i understand it

i agree with you pretty much...
i didnt advertise the car modded, if the buyer didnt want the upgrades i would adjust the price.

JimmyH
11-02-11, 09:54 PM
plus i do not have to sell, just put it up for the hell of it,

yeah, that's what I said. Then someone offered close to what I was asking for my V, which I thought would never happen. I sold it to him and have been kicking myself in the azz ever since. Keep your V, or you will be sorry.

repenttokyo
11-02-11, 10:41 PM
is duty mean taxes, cause if so, thats a pretty damn big chunk of $.

duty is not the same as taxes, no.

duty/taxes, whatever you want to call it , 13percent here in ontario on any vehicle!

um, ok. duty and taxes are not interchangeable, you would pay taxes on a vehicle bought in Canada too

Importing a domestic car like the CTS-V means paying the RIV fee ($225 roughly) and a $100 excise tax for air conditioning. That's the sum total of the extra cash you would be paying on top of what you would pay in Canada to import from the US.

have you ever imported a car? Three of my last four cars were imported, and I have helped my father import many more than that...

if someone is looking for a deal on a CTS-V, they will import it from the US. If they are lazy, they will buy one inside of Canada. They only sold 200 a year in Canada, so they are very rare. But that also indicates how weak the market is here for these cars. It's a very very very small market.

Another advantage of buying in the US is that the southern cars aren't nearly as corroded as the Canadian cars. My Florida car is clean as a whistle.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 10:59 PM
duty is not the same as taxes, no.

um, ok. duty and taxes are not interchangeable, you would pay taxes on a vehicle bought in Canada too

Importing a domestic car like the CTS-V means paying the RIV fee ($225 roughly) and a $100 excise tax for air conditioning. That's the sum total of the extra cash you would be paying on top of what you would pay in Canada to import from the US.

have you ever imported a car? Three of my last four cars were imported, and I have helped my father import many more than that...

if someone is looking for a deal on a CTS-V, they will import it from the US. If they are lazy, they will buy one inside of Canada. They only sold 200 a year in Canada, so they are very rare. But that also indicates how weak the market is here for these cars. It's a very very very small market.

Another advantage of buying in the US is that the southern cars aren't nearly as corroded as the Canadian cars. My Florida car is clean as a whistle.
also have to consider the cost of transportation on getting the car to canada , thats pretty pricy as well, at least 1000-1500 depending on where you are.
i have always found deals in the states but everytime i added everything up it wasnt worth the bs is buying it, unless your are going to save 4-5k its not worth it for me.
you can find nice cars in canada, but it is in fact rare. my 07 has never seen rain, i bet just as clean as yours from florida, i bought if off a car collector, and he never daily drove it either:rolleyes:

repenttokyo
11-02-11, 11:02 PM
also have to consider the cost of transportation on getting the car to canada , thats pretty pricy as well, at least 1000-1500 depending on where you are.
i have always found deals in the states but everytime i added everything up it wasnt worth the bs is buying it, unless your are going to save 4-5k its not worth it for me.
you can find nice cars in canada, but it is in fact rare. my 07 has never seen rain, i bet just as clean as yours from florida, i bought if off a car collector, and he never daily drove it either:rolleyes:

I saved $15k buying my V in the states versus Canada. And anyone else cross-shopping your $40k V against a comparable US-market V would save at least $10k.

I'm sorry it's not worth the "bs" for you to import cars, but lots of people do it, because the savings are spectacular. Just because it's not "worth it" to you, doesn't mean it's not worth it to thousands of others.

It sure as hell didn't cost me anywhere near $1k to get my car from Florida to Quebec, and that's a pretty good distance.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 11:16 PM
I saved $15k buying my V in the states versus Canada. And anyone else cross-shopping your $40k V against a comparable US-market V would save at least $10k.

I'm sorry it's not worth the "bs" for you to import cars, but lots of people do it, because the savings are spectacular. Just because it's not "worth it" to you, doesn't mean it's not worth it to thousands of others.

It sure as hell didn't cost me anywhere near $1k to get my car from Florida to Quebec, and that's a pretty good distance.
1. 1 have stated i have priced my car 2-3k high for reasons.
2. i have been on autotrader.com and there are lots of nice 07 v's it the 32-35 range with low miles. which is only a few grand of mine.
3. i never said it isnt worth it for others to buy in us, just said i wont buy from us unless i am saving more than a grand or 2
i agree there are some good savings, but i know of lots of people that have bought in us, and ending up only saving very little.

repenttokyo
11-02-11, 11:20 PM
autotrader is far from the only place to find nice CTS-V's.

you are free to set the price for your car to anything you want. that's cool. but don't tell us that your car is priced competitively with other, similar 07 CTS-V's, because it's not.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 11:20 PM
yeah, that's what I said. Then someone offered close to what I was asking for my V, which I thought would never happen. I sold it to him and have been kicking myself in the azz ever since. Keep your V, or you will be sorry.
dont worry, if it sells i will be buying a used v2, if not i will trade it in on a new v2 at some point, might be in the next few weeks, might wait tell spring, iam still undecided.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 11:25 PM
autotrader is far from the only place to find nice CTS-V's.

you are free to set the price for your car to anything you want. that's cool. but don't tell us that your car is priced competitively with other, similar 07 CTS-V's, because it's not.
i never came on saying that i was 100 percent priced competive , i dont know where you got that from, read some of the previous posts, , i have it high., but by only a few grand, becuase i know i will get beat up on price, it always happens.
think what you want, but i posted links.
ok ,find me a 07 thunder gray v with under 30 thousand kms on it or 18 thousand miles for under 32-34k in nice shape all orignal in minth condition, no repaints or accidents.

repenttokyo
11-02-11, 11:29 PM
i never came on saying that i was 100 percent priced competive, i have it high., but by only a few grand, becuase i know i will get beat up on price, it always happens.
think what you want, but i posted links.
ok ,find me a 07 thunder gray v with under 30 thousand kms on it or 18 thousand miles for under 32-34k in nice shape all orignal in minth condition, no repaints or accidents.

why does it have to be 32k? yours is priced at $40. That's an $8k difference. Your car is actually even a bit more expensive bc of the current exchange rate.

First of all, your color doesn't add anything to the price, really. Second, if color is such a selling point to you, why is your Autotrader picture in black and white? Third, here's a 45,000 mile 07, with extras, for $24.6:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CTS-V-3K-accessories-Factory-Wheels-Chromed-CORSA-exhaust-More-/250919911751?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a6bfe0147

Do you really think 25,000 fewer miles is going to add $8k to the price? The difference between 18,000 miles and 45,000 miles is not enormous.

anyways, it's really not my business whether your car sells or not. but rationalizations are just that - rationalizations.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 11:33 PM
why does it have to be 32k? yours is priced at $40. That's an $8k difference. Your car is actually even a bit more expensive bc of the current exchange rate.

First of all, your color doesn't add anything to the price, really. Second, if color is such a selling point to you, why is your Autotrader picture in black and white? Third, here's a 45,000 mile 07, with extras, for $24.6:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CTS-V-3K-accessories-Factory-Wheels-Chromed-CORSA-exhaust-More-/250919911751?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a6bfe0147

Do you really think 25,000 fewer miles is going to add $8k to the price? The difference between 18,000 miles and 45,000 miles is not enormous.
my car is priced at 39.5k, like i said i have it priced high, i know that , thanks for commin out. and yes to some the difference between 18-45 thousand miles it worth a a good bit.
just because 1car is at 26 doesnt make all 07's worth 26:suspect:

repenttokyo
11-02-11, 11:34 PM
just because 1car is at 26 doesnt make all 07's worth 26:suspect:

turn that around on your own car and we have a winner.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 11:36 PM

anyways, it's really not my business whether your car sells or not. but rationalizations are just that - rationalizations.
here is a candain comparable by the way.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Cadillac-CTS-V-W0QQAdIdZ325598085

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 11:38 PM
turn that around on your own car and we have a winner.
ok sure thing.
looks like you dictate the pricing on preowned cars by the looks of things

repenttokyo
11-02-11, 11:39 PM
ok sure thing.
looks like you dictate the pricing on preowned cars by the looks of things

more like yo're pretty sensitive when people call out your own pricing choices....like the OP did in this thread.

2007ThunderV
11-02-11, 11:42 PM
more like yo're pretty sensitive when people call out your own pricing choices....like the OP did in this thread.
yup your right i care so much that afew people think iam over priced:alchi:
either way who really cares?

lunarx
11-03-11, 12:47 AM
Nice V.
Don't sell it, keep it and mod it.

At least wait untill you can get a V2 with CUE.
or
Skip the V2 and get a V3 or ATS-V with the next generation Direct Injection LS.

odthetruth
11-03-11, 01:34 AM
I had checked autotrader and found a nice one, only to have someone buy it out from under me the day before I was going to drive to see it. I was able to find another V on CRAIGSLIST of all places, and it turned out to be in excellent shape.

boosted353
11-03-11, 04:16 AM

Wrong, the color does add value. It is by far the most rare color on a rare vehicle. People that want thunder grey don't have many on the market to choose from. I wanted a black 06-07 V with low miles. I found several awesome deals on silver that I passed up because I wanted black. Anybody in the market for a niche vehicle as rare as a thunder grey V is going to do the exact same thing. Low supply with high demand drives prices up that is basic economics. I agree I don't think I would have listed it with black and white pictures but to each his own. And for your third point you gave an ebay link to a V with 40,000 miles. ThunderV's car has 26,000 KM on it (16155 miles). Also notice that ebay ad says "need (key word) to sell to make room for a new camaro" He is clearly much more motivated to sell so he priced it lower to move it fast.

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 08:02 AM
also if you look at the condition of the ebay one, it is very well used! needs some good tlc on it

RippyPartsDept
11-03-11, 11:22 AM
again, prices that cars are listed for mean nothing ... it's what they sell for that determines the market value

ever deal with a real estate agent selling your house or buying a house?

they look for recent sales in the area of houses that are comparable ... they don't look at what other comparable houses are listed on the market for

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 11:24 AM
GM only sold 800 first-gen CTS-V's in Canada. Whatever color they are, they are rare here. I've seen one in the past year, and I live in a city of 3 million people - the second largest city in this country.

JimmyH
11-03-11, 12:37 PM
Nice V.
Don't sell it, keep it and mod it.

At least wait untill you can get a V2 with CUE.
or
Skip the V2 and get a V3 or ATS-V with the next generation Direct Injection LS.

^that, except the V3 part. The V2 isn't the same, imo. Too much luxury gets in the way of pure sport.

family-man
11-03-11, 04:19 PM
so all you would pay is the riv fee, $225, $100 for the excise tax, and hst (13%), so whats the advantage of the north american cars?..and the difference between duties and taxes. also, would anything on the car need to be changed? and how i read something about the gas tax, what would the cts-v range be on that?

is the duties 6.1%?

http://www.importcar2canada.com/car_import_duties_and_how_to_avoid_them/

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 04:31 PM
so all you would pay is the riv fee, $225, $100 for the excise tax, and hst (13%), so whats the advantage of the north american cars?..and the difference between duties and taxes. also, would anything on the car need to be changed? and how i read something about the gas tax, what would the cts-v range be on that?

is the duties 6.1%?

http://www.importcar2canada.com/car_import_duties_and_how_to_avoid_them/

there is NO DUTY on a car built in North America because of NAFTA.

Japanese and Euro cars have duties of around 6 percent. I have imported Japanese and domestic cars, and have helped friends import European cars.

I guess I don't understand your question? There's no gas tax on the CTS-V.

www.riv.ca has all of the information you need for importing to Canada.

k61kgsxr
11-03-11, 08:38 PM
I got mine for 29k and I have a mint 07 thunder grey V w/27k on it. Good luck on your sale

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 08:47 PM
I got mine for 29k and I have a mint 07 thunder grey V w/27k on it. Good luck on your sale
are you here in ontario, or the states

k61kgsxr
11-03-11, 08:52 PM
are you here in ontario, or the states

the states

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 09:38 PM
that explains a bit, lots of vs in the states for sale
sounds like you got a good buy
hennessay cadillac had a nice thunder gray 07 for sale last month for roughly 33k with 30-4ok on it

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 10:23 PM
that explains a bit, lots of vs in the states for sale
sounds like you got a good buy
hennessay cadillac had a nice thunder gray 07 for sale last month for roughly 33k with 30-4ok on it

it's amusing to see you backtrack from your "importing makes no sense you only save a few thousand bucks" stance that you took earlier.

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:03 PM
it's amusing to see you backtrack from your "importing makes no sense you only save a few thousand bucks" stance that you took earlier.
i said importing donest make sense to (me) unless i am going to save more than a few grand.
i was 35 and change out the door for my 07 with 24km's on it(14thousand miles), so juding i would have been low 30's or even 30 flat buying one from the states, by the time i paid trasportation, and a flight to go see it in person, i would not be saving much of anything. 30k + 13 percent tax is 33900, plus say a grand in shipping, bam, iam at 34900. see my point? and thats without even considering if iwanted to fly and go see it in person first
i have my at 39k on autotrader for reasons stated earlier, also stating that i knew i was overpriced a bit.
i cant belevie some of this bs from a few of you guys, its really none of your business what i priced my add at,

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 11:09 PM
i said importing donest make sense to (me) unless i am going to save more than a few grand.
i was 35 and change out the door for my 07 with 24km's on it(14thousand miles), so juding i would have been low 30's or even 30 flat buying one from the states, by the time i paid trasportation, and a flight to go see it in person, i would not be saving much of anything. 30+ 13 percent tax is 33900, plus say a grand in shipping, bam iam at 34900. see my point?
i have my at 39k on autotrader for reasons stated earlier, also stating that i knew i was overpriced a bit.

anyone buying your car is paying the same taxes. your math doesn't make any sense when applied to your car. 30k+13 percent tax is still $9,000 less than $39k plus 13 percent tax. I dunno what gold-plated airline you are flying, but it's not going to cost you $9,000 to fly somewhere, check out a car and then bring it home. Maybe $2k max, and that's really pushing it for transport. So that leaves $7,000 savings. So no, I don't see your point.

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:13 PM
anyone buying your car is paying the same taxes. your math doesn't make any sense when applied to your car. 30k+13 percent tax is still $9,000 less than $39k plus 13 percent tax. I dunno what gold-plated airline you are flying, but it's not going to cost you $9,000 to fly somewhere, check out a car and then bring it home. Maybe $2k max, and that's really pushing it for transport. So that leaves $7,000 savings. So no, I don't see your point.
i was expaling how i bought my car. i dont get your math. explainto me how i could have saved 9 grand on a 07 thunder gray v, like i said i was 35 and change , you were 29 for yours, follow me. either way i dont care, and either should you

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 11:15 PM
explain to me how the original purchase price of your car has anything to with what i have posted about in this thread?

i care bc this is the most unintentionally amusing thread to me on cadillacforums in a while.

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:16 PM
and where are you getting the 39k from, i already said i would sell mine for 35k, i listed it high becuase you always get knocked down on price sellin privatley

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 11:17 PM
and where are you getting the 39k from

i saw it written in the stars.

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:17 PM
explain to me how the original purchase price of your car has anything to with what i have posted about in this thread?

i care bc this is the most unintentionally amusing thread to me on cadillacforums in a while.
you brought it up saying i could have saved money buying in the states!!

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:19 PM
i saw it written in the stars.
how bout i list my car for free, i bet that would amuse you too

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 11:20 PM
hell yeah, whats stopping you? i'll be up in ontario tomorrow night with my trailer.

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:23 PM
to me an amusing thread is about modifying, making power, and enjoying these cars, not attacking somone who has there car for sale, if you dont like it ,dont buy it. if you dont like an asking price, make a offer, no harm done. see whereiam going with this

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:24 PM
hell yeah, whats stopping you? i'll be up in ontario tomorrow night with my trailer.
i bet you would along with many others

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 11:24 PM
dude, it's the internet. i think you need to relax.

why would it be locked?

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:25 PM
i am relaxed, just laying on the couch having a beer !!
change in subject hows the weather where you are

repenttokyo
11-03-11, 11:27 PM
i am relaxed, just laying on the couch having a beer !!
change in subject hows the weather where you are

cold and wet, low traction with the blizzak lm25's.

2007ThunderV
11-03-11, 11:29 PM
no rain here, it was suppose to piss, but never did
i could never admagine how a v would do in the snow lol

repenttokyo
11-04-11, 12:24 PM
no rain here, it was suppose to piss, but never did
i could never admagine how a v would do in the snow lol

it drives fine, drove mine last year in the snow, this year, subaru only.

JimmyH
11-04-11, 01:05 PM
I drove my V in close to 0 once on the F1s. That was scary.

quikss
11-04-11, 02:18 PM
I paid $25,900 for my 06 V this year. Mine is black and it had 30,000 miles on it when I bought it, also it is absolutely in mint condition.

I think this car is overpriced a bit even at $35,000 but its not that far off. I personally would recommend lowering the price on the ad though, intentionally over pricing by nearly $5,000 as it is will definitely scare off most lookers i would think. Anybody looking for a V I believe is bright enough to do their homework, and seeing one listed $5000 over other comparables is pretty far off. I understand pricing it a bit higher, but $5,000 on a less than $40,000 vehicle is a bit much in my opinion.

Also, comparables priced at $35000 also have some negotiating room built in already I am sure, so taking comparables listed at $35,000 and adding nearly $5000 for negotiating is going to kill any chance of a sale. Going off of what others are listed for is just plain dumb anyways. Listed for and sold prices are completely different prices. If you want to price accordingly, you go off of recently sold prices, not what others are listed for.

jeff

EdmundGTP
11-04-11, 02:34 PM
I'd say it's a bit high, but if that's what the seller wants to ask, then so be it. Maybe he doesn't NEED to sell right away? The car is worth whatever somebody will pay him for it and if somebody buys it for 40 G's.. Well then I just might list mine for sale too. Haha. I bought my 07 in June of '10 with 28k miles on it for $28.5K. Similar cars on dealer lots at the time were listed from upwards of $32k-$34k.

JimmyH
11-04-11, 03:37 PM
I didn't need to sell mine. But I did. I need to find an emoticon that depicts kicking one's self in the azz.

RippyPartsDept
11-04-11, 04:03 PM
I didn't need to sell mine. But I did. I need to find an emoticon that depicts kicking one's self in the azz.

i know it's not an emoticon, but maybe this will do?

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/056/a/e/Foot_Up_Your_Ass_by_TGFWritter.jpg

JimmyH
11-04-11, 04:22 PM
lulz. So who would one go see for that problem? A podiatrist? Or a proctologist?

RippyPartsDept
11-04-11, 04:32 PM
same person you go see for Forum Tourette's Syndrome

10-4
11-04-11, 04:44 PM

i should have kept it too Jimmy........but i did like it so much that i got another one! of course that one already had the axles and now i have to buy some forthe new car.
2007ThunderV if the dealer is offering that much take the money and run run run. that being said i have had alot of cars and unless you find some idiot, nobody is going to give you that kind of money for your car. period.

Hey Jimmy, you could always come back. they have a nice 2007 V locally on cars for a very reasonable price. just trade in the SS. I think if i have to get rid of one of mine, the SS will go before the V.

RippyPartsDept
11-04-11, 04:53 PM
btw, we've got a 2009 CPO V-sedan with 25k miles for $50,000

just fyi

2007ThunderV
11-04-11, 04:54 PM
2007ThunderV if the dealer is offering that much take the money and run run run. that being said i have had alot of cars and unless you find some idiot, nobody is going to give you that kind of money for your car. period.

that was my plan, trade it in, i only put it up on autotrader for the hell of it, and it was free to place an add. i normally never sell stuff privatley , ialways trade them in.
i would already be rockin a v2 by now, but unfortunatley i have other vehicles to be sold first, once they go i will be back at the dealer to complete the deal, unless i decide to keep what i have and do some motor work.

JimmyH
11-04-11, 06:06 PM
i should have kept it too Jimmy........but i did like it so much that i got another one! of course that one already had the axles and now i have to buy some forthe new car.

Hey Jimmy, you could always come back. they have a nice 2007 V locally on cars for a very reasonable price. just trade in the SS. I think if i have to get rid of one of mine, the SS will go before the V.

I should have bought it back from you when I had the chance. Believe it or not, I like the Camaro better as a daily driver. The seats are more comfortable, the ride is smoother, the car is generally quieter, and it's easier to control at the limit. But the steering in the V, magical. And the V has a better mythos than the Camaro. It was just the bone-jarring ride, the noisy drivetrain, and the seats were not bad, but not great either.

CadzillaTN
11-04-11, 09:41 PM
. But the steering in the V, magical.

:alchi:

johnny6
11-04-11, 10:05 PM
I bought my 2007 with 40k miles for $23k and it's in immaculate condition in and out, still has new car smell. Good luck selling yours for $40k.

family-man
11-04-11, 10:23 PM
lol, probably not going to sell and the 3rd gen V will come out and his will be worth $20k

2007ThunderV
11-05-11, 12:26 AM
lol, probably not going to sell and the 3rd gen V will come out and his will be worth $20k
you are more concered about my vehicle and value then i am, your worse than a mother.... lol

2007ThunderV
11-05-11, 12:27 AM
I bought my 2007 with 40k miles for $23k and it's in immaculate condition in and out, still has new car smell. Good luck selling yours for $40k.
you got a great deal, congratulations on your purchase

bassillac
11-05-11, 05:06 AM
I bought my 2005 cts-v back in june with just under 4000 miles for $25,500 which was right at kelly blue book. I doubt your 07 with 12000 more miles and the LS2 truck engine is worth $14,000 more. Thunder crap paint or not. Where did you come up with that price? Out of thin air? Did you consider what the kelly blue book price is? Anyone that pays you much more than blue book is a fool. What you think your insurance is gona pay if it's stolen or totaled?

2007ThunderV
11-05-11, 09:51 AM
I bought my 2005 cts-v back in june with just under 4000 miles for $25,500 which was right at kelly blue book. I doubt your 07 with 12000 more miles and the LS2 truck engine is worth $14,000 more. Thunder crap paint or not. Where did you come up with that price? Out of thin air? Did you consider what the kelly blue book price is? Anyone that pays you much more than blue book is a fool. What you think your insurance is gona pay if it's stolen or totaled?
iam in canada .no kelly blue book here. did you read everything before you post??. american and candain prices are real different.
you say you paid 25k, i said i want 35k(what i was offered at dealer). my car is 2 years newer, still has warrenty, theres some differences. and its grey(weather you like gray or not, it is definatley rarer thean the black ones). and also iam in canada where there are virtually none available. so compare apples to apples .
as for canadain black book ,wholesale shows around 30k for my car, we dont have kelly blue book in canada. iassume kelly blue book is retail price? i dunno.

as for insurace i have full purchase price replacment, they have my bill of sale from 3 months ago, which was for 35k and change, anything happens within 2 years, i get full amount back, minus my deductibale.
so no i didnt get my price out of tin air, where did you get your info out of your ass?
also why in the hell do you car so much, are you in the market for an addition v? if not then give it a rest.

2007ThunderV
11-05-11, 09:59 AM
btw, we've got a 2009 CPO V-sedan with 25k miles for $50,000

just fyi
yea i think i saw it online. i am going to go with a new one if i upgrade

quikss
11-05-11, 11:06 AM
and its grey(weather you like gray or not, it is definatley rarer thean the black ones)

Rare and desirable are two completely different things. The highest selling color wasnt black because everybody wants a gray one.

I personally would pay less for gray than I would black. I know you dont care, just trying to give you a perspective to go by. Just because you have gray and their arent many out there, does not mean it will command premium prices from prospective V buyers

Jeff

2007ThunderV
11-05-11, 01:28 PM
Rare and desirable are two completely different things. The highest selling color wasnt black because everybody wants a gray one.

I personally would pay less for gray than I would black. I know you dont care, just trying to give you a perspective to go by. Just because you have gray and their arent many out there, does not mean it will command premium prices from prospective V buyers

Jeff
to each their own i guess

lunarx
11-05-11, 03:19 PM
I think it's great that you listed your V1 for $40K.
If I wanted to sell mine, you can bet my listing would not be any lower than yours.
We have the same mileage, except I have over $40K in mods.
It's hard to put a price on a V1 when you look at what it would cost you to replace it with something better.

All I really care to know is what kind of offers have you been getting?
Has anyone even expressed interest?

I see your listing price as a filter for lowballers wanting to pick up a $20K V1.
A serious shopper will throw offers at the cleanest low mileage vehicle they can find, regardless of listing price.
If you blow off serious offers, then I would worry about your understanding of market value.
Your car is nice and there is a buyer out there for it.

Also, what insurance company wrote you that policy and did you pay an arm and a leg for it?

repenttokyo
11-05-11, 03:56 PM
If I wanted to sell mine, you can bet my listing would not be any lower than yours.
It's hard to put a price on a V1 when you look at what it would cost you to replace it with something better.

I see your listing price as a filter for lowballers wanting to pick up a $20K V1.
A serious shopper will throw offers at the cleanest low mileage vehicle they can find, regardless of listing price.
If you blow off serious offers, then I would worry about your understanding of market value.

Also, what insurance company wrote you that policy and did you pay an arm and a leg for it?

he's in Canada.

lunarx
11-05-11, 04:05 PM
he's in Canada.
I get that, saw the listing.
Exchange rate is about equal.
Does bieng in Canada raise or lower the value?

Mostly wondering if he got any offers and how he is handling the offers.

repenttokyo
11-05-11, 04:07 PM

i was just referring to your question about insurance. things are radically different here from province to province, and so it's not really comparable between the US and Canada.

There were only 800 v's sold in canada, so they are far less common.

lunarx
11-05-11, 04:13 PM
i was just referring to your question about insurance. things are radically different here from province to province, and so it's not really comparable between the US and Canada.

There were only 800 v's sold in canada, so they are far less common.

Right, a policy like that would cost a fortune here.
I looked into it at one time.

2007ThunderV
11-05-11, 07:28 PM

as for offers got 2. tecnially 3
first was for 32k which i declined
seccond was for 34.5k which i accepted on his terms, which he is waiting on loan approval... i will know by tuesday, no deposit, so still up for grabs.
3rd was from dealer at 34.5k , but i would have to bit the bullit on a new v2(have 30 days on the written apraisal).
as for insurance the base cost was 135 a month, with the value replacment add on it added 30 bucks a month, so not to bad., but i also do have multiple leasure vehicles insured and work vehicles.

2007ThunderV
11-05-11, 07:34 PM

canadian cars generally go for more coin, due to the major reduction of available units in canada. supply and demand play a huge role when it comes to vehicles.
i could go on all day with examples.. but i dont have the time or paintance
heres one quick one.
since gm stoped leasing (here in canada anyways, not sure about the states) now 3 years later pretty much all the lease returns are back, there for there is a extreme shortage in ontaio/candain auto auctions, therefore, prices have went through the roof on gm preowned auction prices,.
yes gm is leasing again but there is going to be a down time untill some returns come available for purchase.
no some are prob asking why i know this, i have worked in the auto industry for over 15 years now, and i have to follow trends as part of my job.
now i do realize there is a huge savings sometime buying from states, but that still doesnt depreciate the value of actuall canadain cars for sale.

JimmyH
11-05-11, 07:48 PM
"therefore"

:D

lunarx
11-05-11, 10:23 PM
Glad to hear you are getting healthy offers.
Listing high seems to have paid off.
You shouldnt give away a nice car.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

2007ThunderV
11-05-11, 10:49 PM
Glad to hear you are getting healthy offers.
Listing high seems to have paid off.
You shouldnt give away a nice car.

yea i agree, i will se if it goes thorugh, if not i will end up keeping it.

mberisha
11-06-11, 07:19 AM

Wow...I can ship a car to Germany for $1500....ahhahahah....crazy Ca-nucks!

2007ThunderV
11-06-11, 11:03 AM
lol funny, yea tha would be the day

repenttokyo
11-06-11, 12:40 PM

he's not joking. that's what it costs.

lunarx
11-06-11, 01:27 PM

Slow boat, port to port, right?
Can't be door to door?
German labor is higher than NA Labor.

JimmyH
11-06-11, 02:11 PM
Ocean containers are not that expensive.

Offtopic: have you seen the size of these new shipping freighters? They are the size of a small city.

mberisha
11-08-11, 03:17 AM

Yeah...I'm not joking....$1500 from my driveway in Kansas City....to my driveway in Germany.....insured!

AHahahhahah......crazy Ca-Nucks!

I can't figure out why it's sooo expensive to get to Canada....don't even have to cross an ocean?!?!?!!?

mberisha
11-08-11, 03:21 AM
Slow boat, port to port, right?
Can't be door to door?
German labor is higher than NA Labor.

Yup....door-to-door.....

Look into "International Shippers"...not just Canadian shippers....the strictly Canadian shippers rip you off because they believe they have a corner on the market and people usually stop looking there.....

repenttokyo
11-08-11, 09:34 AM
it's really not that expensive to ship to canada, or even trans-ocean to and from canada.

mberisha
11-08-11, 09:38 AM
it's really not that expensive to ship to canada, or even trans-ocean to and from canada.

That's what I figured.....so going back to one of the earlier posts that someone claiming it was.....interesting......

repenttokyo
11-08-11, 09:41 AM
That's what I figured.....so going back to one of the earlier posts that someone claiming it was.....interesting......

i've shipped to canada from the US, depending from where you are looking at around $600 to $800 - it's largely seasonal, because you have to avoid the snowbirds sending their cars north after the winter is over.

i have many colleagues who have shipped trans-atlantic / trans-pacific, and your estimate of $1k to $1500 is dead on for Canada - and I don't live on the coast. I do live near a port, however.

shadybx7
11-08-11, 10:24 AM
so is this a :spam: thread yet?? 126th poast of dribbblee.

http://meganfoxbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/megan-fox-poster.jpg
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/12/08-15/Megan_Fox_nude-pose-milf-photo-topless.jpg

mstrjon32
11-08-11, 12:44 PM
Mine was shipped from the port of Baltimore to Wiesbaden, Germany for I think $1200? You could pick it up at the port in Bremerhaven and be under a grand in shipping...

CadzillaTN
11-11-11, 05:01 AM
Ocean containers are not that expensive.

Offtopic: have you seen the size of these new shipping freighters? They are the size of a small city.

Depends on where you're shipping to and from... In some trade lanes you can ship a 40ft container 7000 miles for $500, in others, 1500 miles might cost 4 grand...

Yes, the new vessels are huge, the largest are/will be operated by a danish company and will carry (a conservative) 18,000 containers...1200+ feet long, the largest vessel ever built of any kind.. The largest today is 15,000 containers, used by the same company. Neither will call the US, the port channels aren't deep enough yet. They run in the asia-europe trade today, like shanghai to rotterdam... An average "large" vessel you see at us ports today, depending on where you live, is about 5-8k capacity, like a cruise ship size. I've been on a few, even they are huge...

mstrjon32
11-11-11, 05:04 AM
You don't really want your car shipped in a container, I've seen the way they slam those things around on the docks...mine went on a roll on/roll off and they still managed to damage it.

CadzillaTN
11-11-11, 05:05 AM
so is this a :spam: thread yet?? 126th poast of dribbblee.

http://meganfoxbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/megan-fox-poster.jpg
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/12/08-15/Megan_Fox_nude-pose-milf-photo-topless.jpg

She is quite the skank but I would still paint a map of the philippines on her face. :word:

JimmyH
11-11-11, 12:55 PM
She might be a skank, but she can beat the crap out of small Decepticons.

mberisha
11-12-11, 08:18 AM
God bless the skanks!