: 2010 Cadillac SRX seats cushions vs 2012 Cadillac SRX seat cushions

macklobell
10-30-11, 10:05 AM
I just purchased a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury edition and prior had a 2010 Cadillac SRX Turbo Performance edition. The seats are identical in appearance, however, the seat feels much firmer which can be 100% associated to the cushion or padding inside the seat. My selling dealership also noticed the difference when comparing a 2012 SRX to his wifes 2010 SRX. With that in mind, can I have the cushions be replaced with the one's that came in the 2010 model? Is cadillac aware that this change took place in 2012? This would obviously only be noticed by someone who owned a prior model and this should have been disclosed when the "Whats New for 2012" was released for the SRX. Seats are the most important factor when buying a car. :thehand:

JimmyH
10-30-11, 06:14 PM
Does your new one have cooled seats? It seems to be that cooled seats are much firmer than non-cooled seats.

macklobell
10-30-11, 06:42 PM
No...Only heated...It's the luxury version.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-31-11, 10:26 AM
Macklobell,
Have you talked to your dealership about the options that may be available for your vehicle? They will be able to help you figure out what the next step that you should take should be. Let us know what you find out.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Tony
10-31-11, 11:49 AM
As a dealer, I've heard this complaint many times over the years on various different models. A lot of folks would swear that the seats in the 2008 DTS are firmer than their 2006, or firmer in the 2010 Escalade versus their 2007. In the end, I think it comes down to the fact that the seats in your 2010 were already "broken in" by 2 years of sitting on them, whereas the new seat foam is still brand new and firm.

There's always a possibility that the padding material has been changed between '10 and '12, so out of curiosity I just went and sat in, poked and prodded the seat in a brand new 2011, then compared it to a 2012- they felt identical.