: Chrome Grill Upper & Lower

allgm
10-28-11, 01:04 PM
Four pcs set. Left & Right Center Bar. Round Center Cap. Lower Grill Cover.
Enclosed pictures. You have to remove your Wreath . I used nylon fishing line and was able stick it back on the center cap.
Fit & Quality Good. looks like OEM. Found on E Bay.

Marc NY
10-29-11, 07:13 AM
WOW Delores... that looks really great! Nice job! :)

Can I ask how much for this kit?

GMJim
10-29-11, 08:53 AM
:thumbsup:

Lencarguy
10-29-11, 09:49 AM
Looks fantastic!

TheCaptain
10-31-11, 01:51 PM
That's a considerable upgrade from stock! I think that would compliment the GM Accessory "silver/premium" grille beautifully!

Though i still prefer my heavy mesh E & G Classics grille the best! :D

Tonyss2007
11-03-11, 10:01 AM
Look awesome, can you give me the website where you bought it?

allgm
11-03-11, 01:49 PM
On E Bay search 2010 Cadillac SRX grill trim overlay. I made a offer of $200.00 with free shipping. They have a WebSite BILLETANYTHING. The better price was on E Bay. I am happy with the fit & quality.

paid4c4
11-03-11, 09:48 PM
Sportwing from Cleveland, Ohio sells them on EBAY for 98 dollars. Watch when you're shopping because a lot of places are only selling the two vertical pieces not the round piece which goes around the Cadillac wreath. Here is the link for Sportwing on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360403837965&category=33654&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_1164wt_732
Here is a link to the youtube video on how to install:http://www.youtube.com/coasttocoastintl#p/c/0A7DF253CC5493EB/3/CvwRffooRA4
You don't have to take the wreath off to install and Sportwing is a good company to deal with. I've purchased several things from them and all was good.
Bill

allgm
11-04-11, 12:47 PM
I saw that set. I believe it is a 3 pcs upper set. The one I bought is a 4 pcs set that includes the lower grill.
I do like the way the center pcs go on without having to remove the wreath.

allgm
11-04-11, 04:16 PM
Picture of 4 pcs set

paid4c4
11-04-11, 06:36 PM
Picture of 4 pcs set
Delores, thank you for the post and the fact there are some kits which have four pieces. After weighing the cost I think I'm going to stay with the three. I don't know if that fourth piece is worth an additional 100 dollars. Good thread as many of us were unaware the chrome kits existed.
Bill

mm9351
11-05-11, 12:28 PM
Thanks to all for this thread. The grill overlay looks awesome! You do not have to buy this on ebay. The same 3-pc set (coast-to-coast) is now available for $95 with free shipping at showtrix.com (http://showtrix.com). ..just bought one, couldn't resist!

paid4c4
11-05-11, 01:12 PM
Thanks to all for this thread. The grill overlay looks awesome! You do not have to buy this on ebay. The same 3-pc set (coast-to-coast) is now available for $95 with free shipping at showtrix.com (http://showtrix.com). ..just bought one, couldn't resist!
Good website they offer all kinds of goodies for the SRX, Good find.
Bill

classiccars
12-02-11, 09:40 AM
Looks good.
Question: How many pieces make up the lower grille section? Is that one, or is every bar an different little piece? How do you think the pieces will hold up during these Ohio winters? Will that stay on? Is it "plated" chrome or a PVD Permachrome coating?

Thanks Ken

allgm
12-02-11, 01:17 PM
One piece on bottom chrome. The chrome finish ( ABS PLASTIC ) looks just like the finish on the factory Cadillac emblems. Don't think it is hight tec chrome. Should stand up well better than metal. I have bought stainless License Plate frames and they rust in Ohio winters. I think I will get the fog light chrome next. From the link above your post .

Thanks Delores

Lencarguy
12-11-11, 01:06 PM
Delores, How did you take the wreath & crest off, and what is involved in reattaching it? I know you said you reattched with fishing line, but how? I am considering the same kit but don't want to risk breaking the emblem on removal or attachment.
Thanks! Len

paid4c4
12-11-11, 02:14 PM
Len, I think you'll find she used the fishing line to slide behind the emblem and by working the line back and forth was able to work the emblem loose. There was enough adhesion left of the emblem to reapply it. If you look back at several of the threads you'll find a link I had for a similar set which doesn't require the removal of the emblem. I haven't ordered a kit yet but when I do it will be one which doesn't require removal of the emblem.
Bill

allgm
12-11-11, 02:16 PM
I used a hair blower on high heat to soften up the glue tape. Then used fishing line between the emblem and grill. Worked it back and forth in a sawing motion. Go about and inch or two then use blower again. I was lucky the tape stayed on the emblem side and was still sticky and I just stuck it back on. You could clean off the old tape and use new two sided tape. I saw a three pcs center grill set that you do not have to remove the emblem but I had already bought mine already. good luck to you

Lencarguy
12-11-11, 02:36 PM
Thanks Delores & Bill. I was interested in a 4 piece set, so that is why I was interested in how to remove crest. I saw the one on Showtrix website you were talking about Bill. They also had a chrome overlay for the bottom grill too for a total of $185.00. Only problem, they only accept money orders or bank checks. A little leary of dealing with them. Other sites only had the 3 piece upper grille.

allgm
12-11-11, 03:03 PM
Len, I sent a money order to SHOWTRIX on Dec 3rd for the Fog Light trim pcs. I will let you know when I receive it and the quality. Delores

mm9351
12-11-11, 05:07 PM
Len, check my earlier post. I originally recommended them to this forum. They will email you when payment is received. I even phoned them directly and actually spoke to the guy who was preparing my order. Shipping is priority first class and it was received in a few days. No worries!

Lencarguy
12-11-11, 05:19 PM
Len, check my earlier post. I was the first one here to deal with Showtrix, and recommended them to this forum. You have nothing to worry about in dealing with them. They will email you when payment is received. I even phoned them directly and actually spoke to the guy who was preparing my order. Shipping is priority first class and it was received in a few days. No worries!

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear no problems. Wasn't looking forward to taking off the wreath with the other installation. Will probably order after the holidays. Too much going on now anyway.

Thanks to Delores for all the info too.

Len

Jake2010
12-16-11, 02:35 PM
Delores, Thanks for the advice! I just got my set yesterday but it's currently wrapped and under the tree...lol. I will attempt removal of the wreath in the same manner. I also seen the 3 piece set but decided to go with the 4 piece because I feel the lower grille need a little more chrome! Your pics look great and I had to have it!

allgm
12-16-11, 03:30 PM
I too like the bottom chrome overlay on a dark color SRX really makes the grill jump out. Enclosed picture of the fog light over lay. Not to sure if I needed it. I didn't care for it when I put it on but it might be growing on me now. Your SRX being Black I think it would look real sharp.

TheCaptain
12-16-11, 07:58 PM
Looks good Delores! I think that pinch of chrome finishes the foglight surround perfectly!

Lencarguy
12-17-11, 01:46 PM
Very nice!

microwave
12-18-11, 05:04 PM
Wow, the bottom chrome adds a whole new dimension to the front end. Looks really nice.....

halp
12-18-11, 07:13 PM
Amazon has the 3 piece (2 upper, 1 lower) for $30.00. Does not include the piece that goes around the wreath, but a lot cheaper than $95.00 and they will take a credit card. Amazon says only two left in stock so hurry up and order.

allgm
12-18-11, 08:01 PM
Read the review on Amazon Grill Kit. Not very good. The old saying you get what you pay for.

halp
12-18-11, 08:28 PM
Read the review on Amazon Grill Kit. Not very good. The old saying you get what you pay for.

Thanks Delores, read the review and decided its not for me. To bad the other company will not take a credit card or Paypal

inspectorudy
12-22-11, 03:13 PM
I ordered the three piece set about ten days ago and never received it. I e-mailed the company, showtrix, and after two days they responded with"Check your local post office". I did and they did not have it. I e-mailed the company again and haven't heard from them since. It might be the season but they are not real good on customer relations. I will try to find the same product with another company. I'm real glad they didn't take my credit card.

allgm
12-22-11, 05:07 PM
I mailed a money order to Showtrix on Dec 3 and received grill kit Dec 15. They sent me a E-Mail that it was shipped Dec 12. Tx to Ohio.

Lencarguy
12-25-11, 10:54 AM
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the same 4 piece grille kit as Delores. Got it on e-bay from Billet-anything. I was checking out the Cadillac crest for removal and I noticed what looks like 2 tabs on each side of the crest near the top. It looks like they snap into the grey surround. Did anyone else notice these? It was my understanding that it was just attached with 3M tape. Did they make a change for 2012? Help!!!!!!

TheCaptain
12-25-11, 02:48 PM
No, i got my upper grill back when the dealer changed mine out. My crest had two snaps to assist in holding it in place along with the 3M.

Lencarguy
12-25-11, 05:48 PM
No, i got my upper grill back when the dealer changed mine out. My crest had two snaps to assist in holding it in place along with the 3M.

Thanks, Captain. I saw some pictures of the grille without the crest, and I see what you're talking about.

jerryc
01-08-13, 12:27 PM
Where can you get fog light chrome

allgm
01-08-13, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=jerryc;3186895]Where can you get fog light chrome[/QU Google Showtrix Accessories

Indy_Mike
07-30-14, 04:16 PM
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the same 4 piece grille kit as Delores. Got it on e-bay from Billet-anything. I was checking out the Cadillac crest for removal and I noticed what looks like 2 tabs on each side of the crest near the top. It looks like they snap into the grey surround. Did anyone else notice these? It was my understanding that it was just attached with 3M tape. Did they make a change for 2012? Help!!!!!!

I purchased one of these last week and there are three slots on the chrome center piece for tabs on the crest. Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to remove this crest? I see no easy way to get access to it from behind. I get the fishing line idea, but once it is loose how do I free it from the tabs?

Indy_Mike
07-31-14, 08:06 PM
I'll answer my own question in case someone tries to tackle this job later. Removing the crest is not that difficult, the tabs, of which their are three sets on the 2012, just stick through the base piece on the car, they do not hook or fasten to the car. So if you just use the heat and fishing line solution to remove the crest it will come right off. Now I had to buy some double sides 3M tape to re-apply it on the chrome kit because I didn't feel enough of the tape stayed on the crest and I was afraid it might fall off in time.

Anyway, the kit from Billet Anything really dresses up the front end of the SRX in my opinion. My only concern is how long it will last, will it start flaking off in a year or two....if it does I will post in this thread, but right now it looks terrific!

allgm
07-31-14, 09:15 PM
Mine looks like it did the day I put it on Oct 2011. Been through 3 Ohio winters road salt ect
I'll answer my own question in case someone tries to tackle this job later. Removing the crest is not that difficult, the tabs, of which their are three sets on the 2012, just stick through the base piece on the car, they do not hook or fasten to the car. So if you just use the heat and fishing line solution to remove the crest it will come right off. Now I had to buy some double sides 3M tape to re-apply it on the chrome kit because I didn't feel enough of the tape stayed on the crest and I was afraid it might fall off in time.

Anyway, the kit from Billet Anything really dresses up the front end of the SRX in my opinion. My only concern is how long it will last, will it start flaking off in a year or two....if it does I will post in this thread, but right now it looks terrific!

dallyalley
08-02-14, 08:09 PM
I removed the wreath altogether. Much much better.

jsomtiques
08-04-14, 11:43 PM
I just replace the grill in our 2011 with a 2014 grill. It gives us a whole new look and who would ever know?

Maximumkk
08-05-14, 01:02 AM
I just replace the grill in our 2011 with a 2014 grill. It gives us a whole new look and who would ever know?

We do!

Max