: My father purchased new 2012 SRX - need online owner's manual & floor trays

JJU
10-28-11, 08:08 AM
I'm helping my father out.

Are there any 2012 SRX owner's manuals out in PDF form yet?

Looking at All weather floor trays. WIll 2011 WeatherTech work in 2012?

Jack

Lencarguy
10-28-11, 08:41 AM
You can find the 2012 owner's manual in PDF on the Cadillac web-site. I called WeatherTech, my 2012 SRX is on order, they said 2011 will not work. They are currently working on 2012 liners and it will be another month or so.

sube5186
10-28-11, 08:49 AM
I'm helping my father out.

Are there any 2012 SRX owner's manuals out in PDF form yet?

Looking at All weather floor trays. WIll 2011 WeatherTech work in 2012?

Jack

Jack, here's the link to the 2012 owner's manual, Nav Guide and Personalization Guide.

I take it your Dad isn't Internet savvy, since "you" are doing this for him. :yup: If I'm wrong, have him join in. There's tons of info here that I'm sure will benefit him.

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

Sube

sube5186
10-28-11, 08:59 AM
I called WeatherTech, my 2012 SRX is on order, they said 2011 will not work. They are currently working on 2012 liners and it will be another month or so.

Considering all of the problems Inspectorudy had with the WT mats, I wonder if the person you spoke to knew what they were talking about. I wasn't aware that the 2012 floor had changed from the '10 and '11 models. The '11 DigitFit FloorLiners aren't even listed on their site, and I know the 2010 SRX is the same as the 2011. I'm not having much faith in this company. :bonkers:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/242961-beware-weathertech-floor-mats-11-srx.html

Sube

JimmyH
10-28-11, 10:15 AM
Considering they make floor liners for just about every car, they are going to drop the ball once in a while. I was utterly happy with the digital fit liners in my CTS4 when I had it. And I have them in all three rows in my Enclave, and they fit perfectly.

Marc NY
10-29-11, 06:18 AM
Considering all of the problems Inspectorudy had with the WT mats, I wonder if the person you spoke to knew what they were talking about. I wasn't aware that the 2012 floor had changed from the '10 and '11 models. The '11 DigitFit FloorLiners aren't even listed on their site, and I know the 2010 SRX is the same as the 2011. I'm not having much faith in this company. :bonkers:

SubeSube I shot them an email asking what happened to the digital fit floor mats. I said I saw them awhile back for the 2010 MY SRXs and wanted to purchase the 2011 (figured they are all the same anyways) but no response back yet. :suspense:

JJU
10-30-11, 11:50 AM
I take it your Dad isn't Internet savvy, since "you" are doing this for him. :yup: If I'm wrong, have him join in. There's tons of info here that I'm sure will benefit him.
Sube

You are correct my father is computer-challenged. (He's afraid of them.) I used to spend a lot of time on the Corvette forum. Too busy now. My mother passed away recently. She took care of him and now I have to fill that roll to some extent. Your help here will allow me to spend more time with him. I appreciate what you've sent so far. The new SRX becomes reliable transportation as his old car is 12 years old. We are receiving the SRX just in time for winter. As soon as I get it, I'm going to Zaino the exterior and apply the leather conditioner. It's sloppy here in Nebraska so the floor mats are a necessity.

JimmyH
10-30-11, 12:20 PM
I am computer challenged too. The freakin things are always challenging me.

sube5186
10-30-11, 12:56 PM
You are correct my father is computer-challenged. (He's afraid of them.)

Trust me. I understand. The very thought of my Dad coming anywhere near a computer scares the hell out of me. Besides, that's what he has me for. :bouncy:

Sube

inspectorudy
10-30-11, 02:57 PM
The sad thing about WT is that the lady that handled my complaint didn't even mention the digital mats or that there were other options. I think this is a company with a bigger advertising department than sales department. We have all seen companies that have fallen into this downward slide. Hell, GM did it for years where their advertising far outstripped the product they were building. A lot of it comes from a decentralized structure within a company where the incoming calls are never seen by the people making the outgoing calls and vice versa.

cz9h3d
11-01-11, 10:33 AM
There is a long discussion thread here on Weathertech mats. I've had the DigitalFit mats (not on an SRX), and recommend them for their all-covering design. SeaYaLater noted that he moved his DigitalFit mats from his '10 SRX to his '12, and they fit perfectly. This is likely an issue where Weathertech hasn't confirmed the fit yet on the '12 for the DigitalFits, and/or they are reacting (incorrectly) to all the comments in the other thread on the poor fit of the All Weather Mats on the driver side.

If you just want heavy rubber mats, I'd buy a set at Costco for a lot less than the $99 Weathertech All Weather Mats. But for an SRX in a Northern climate, I would definitely prefer the DigitalFit mats. I think these are a much better mat than the SRX all-weather mats, which just replicate the shape of the carpeted mats. With all the snow/salt I get into, I want the carpet fully protected.

JimmyH
11-01-11, 02:05 PM
If you just want heavy rubber mats, I'd buy a set at Costco for a lot less than the $99 Weathertech All Weather Mats.

+1

I have a set of weathertech flat mats, and they are no better than walmart specials.

MacMuse
11-02-11, 09:17 PM
I picked up a set of $10/$20? heavy duty mats from Costco 2 years ago and I love them. It's a seasonal thing - one of those temporary displays - just a huge shipping box full of loose mats. Trim a little around the edges and viola - a clean & dry original carpet base.

JJU
11-05-11, 09:31 AM
I'm going to give WeatherTech until we are notified that my father's SRX is available for pickup to have the 2012 version of their floor trays available. Otherwise, it's off to "Wally World" to get a good set of rubberized winter-appropriate mats.

Thanks for all of the discussion here on the thread that I started. I like the WeatherTech trays in my Acadia but it's a timing "thing" now.

WeatherTech should have realized that they are missing out on a sale when it comes to updating their product for the 2012 model. It's their own fault.

Jack