: Bluetooth update

99ssconv
10-27-11, 05:22 PM
#PIC5504A: Bluetooth Connection Issues with LG Modules - (Sep 7, 2011).

This applies to 2008-2012 All GM Passenger Car and Light Duty Trucks with RPO (UPF or UWE).

This memo is intended to answer the questions that were raised in the call. There had been talk at one time about putting the updated software in the VCIM and sending that out to dealers, but the current strategy instead is sending the updated software to the cars directly. This over-the-air updating has begun. It will take some time to complete all vehicles affected. The customer will likely need to reboot their phone, then re-pair the phone to the car to see the effects of the update.

The over-the-air update will be sent to all affected vehicles in dealer inventory (do not need an active OnStar account for this to occur). Customer-owned vehicles will receive the update over-the-air if they have an active OnStar account.

sube5186
10-27-11, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info!

Will there be some indication this is occurring while the update is being downloaded? Is there some way to tell if/when it's completed?

Sube

99ssconv
10-27-11, 06:00 PM
thats all the info we have for right now

stevec5375
10-28-11, 08:08 PM
Can you please enlighten me 99ssconv? I have never heard of OTA updates via OnStar, although do think it's an excellent idea. Why is Bluetooth eligible for this and not other things?

It would be nice to at least get a msg on-screen that an update has taken place. What if suddenly after the update some people's systems are "broken". At least they would have some clue that a change had occurred. I know this may be beyond your area, but perhaps you could pass it along.

99ssconv
10-29-11, 05:28 PM
I imagine they could do alot of updates through OTA but as for now thats all they are doing. My guess is to much stuff goes wrong through programming so having a person actually do it manually seems to be the best solution