: What's wrong with my V???

FLTRI
10-27-11, 03:40 PM
My wheels don't click, my supercharger doesn't rattle, my sunroof doesn't creak and moan, my Recaros don't rock, my ignition switch doesn't stick, and my rear end doesn't howl...

Kinda feeling left out here... :suspense:

OldRoadDawg
10-27-11, 04:07 PM
My wheels don't click, my supercharger doesn't rattle, my sunroof doesn't creak and moan, my Recaros don't rock, my ignition switch doesn't stick, and my rear end doesn't howl...

No need to feel all lonesome and neglected.
I've been suffering with my 2009 sdn for more than 2 yrs with all the same 'non-issues'.

Well... I did have to replace the rear tires. :D

keithsm2
10-27-11, 04:11 PM
turn your IPOD down :)

GM-4-LIFE
10-27-11, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a good problem to have!

garfin
10-27-11, 05:16 PM

Gee... now that I've figured out how to properly turn the key to start the car, I guess we're in the same boat there, bro... :crowded:

Best regards,

Elie

MotownPimp
10-27-11, 05:28 PM
You have the special "Non-Bitch" model. Lonely but nice...............

Trapspeed
10-27-11, 08:41 PM
Give it time. :stirpot:

Gary Wells
10-27-11, 09:21 PM

Well, let's see. You've been a member since Jul of '11, and you have 83 posts. Just guessing, but you're pretty new around here, and your car is probably pretty new also.
How many miles on your '11 wagon?
Not all of this comes about at one time.
My S/C isolator / coupler started making noise at about 1200 miles, I believe.
My right front wheel just started clicking the other day at about 7400, I believe.
My sunroof doesn't creak and moan because i was too chicken to get that option.
My Recaros don't rock and my ignition doesn't stick.........yet.
But:
My rear end howls but that's to be expected.
I'm 67 years old and I don't eat a damn thing that is good for me.

mrl859
10-27-11, 09:29 PM

Make an appointment with the dealer and have them "fix" your current condition.

smackdownCTSV
10-27-11, 10:08 PM
Hopefully you won't have any of those problems, but they may happen in time. First year; wheel click. Second year; sunroof creak, recaro rock, supercharger rattle, and diff. chatter.

thebigjimsho
10-28-11, 09:33 PM
Mine has been awesome. I have an '09. My poasts? well...

miamictsv
10-29-11, 12:04 AM
Even GM can build few reliable cars out of 10 thousand ? I wish i have your "issues" but i am at the other end. Just enjoy it :)

FLTRI
10-29-11, 04:51 PM
Well, let's see. You've been a member since Jul of '11, and you have 83 posts. Just guessing, but you're pretty new around here, and your car is probably pretty new also.
Correct Sir, I'm pretty much a pup in the post count category. Car's a shiny and new pup too...

How many miles on your '11 wagon?

Not all of this comes about at one time.
Ahhh, something to look forward to...

My S/C isolator / coupler started making noise at about 1200 miles, I believe.
Mine is still quiet, until I press down on the right pedal. Then it makes this weird whooshing sound, and I get a very large grin...

My right front wheel just started clicking the other day at about 7400, I believe.
After reading about clicking, and wheel torque specs here, I got my Handy-Dandy 1/2" torque wrench out and torqued all my lug nuts to 140#'s. When I backed them off to re-torque, all 20 "felt" significantly under 140 pounds, and all were different. I also removed both rear wheels to paint the rotor hats, and found the mating surfaces to be relatively clean and smooth. We shall see if I start clicking or not. If it does, I'll re-torque to 158 ft/pounds and go from there. PS: Did you know our wheels are stamped Made in Taiwan???

My sunroof doesn't creak and moan because i was too chicken to get that option.
Yeah... Didn't want it either as I'm a pretty tall pup, and need all the headroom I can get. Wife did. She won...

My Recaros don't rock and my ignition doesn't stick.........yet.
Guess we'll wait together for those to kick in...

But:
My rear end howls but that's to be expected.
I'm 67 years old and I don't eat a damn thing that is good for me.
Buddy of mine just went Vegan. I thought he said Vagon, and got all excited. Then he cornered me and told me it was some hippie diet, and I glazed over. Oh well, to each his own...

While my original post was mostly tongue-in-cheek, I was also suggesting that I suspect most of these problems are relatively few and far between. Or maybe not. I was fishing to see how many folks have the aforementioned issues.

While I'm new here, I've been a moderator on a Harley Davidson forum for years, and an administrator and owner of another smaller specialty board I run for my wife. History has shown me that folks usually don't come to a board, especially one that's technical in nature, and start threads titled, "Nothing went wrong today".

They post to ask questions when they do have a problem, and to learn from the older and wiser dogs. While forums are a great resource to get answers and possible solutions, they sometimes also have a down side. I've found that they often leave the impression that the particular marque only has problems, as those problems (questions) get posted much more frequently than stories about how great their car, or motorcycle, really is...

I'm also a completely addicted gear-head, weekend racer, and shade tree mechanic. Just posting to say I am loving this car, and and hope my miles are trouble free as I suspect most CTS-V owners are...

Gary Wells
10-29-11, 05:42 PM
I wasn't pointing out that you were new here, and only had a few posts as I feel that is somewhat ill-mannered. I only brought it up as a lead-on that the car is probably new also, with very few miles, unless you bought used. I feel that most of our issues are of a very small % of the total # of cars built, but some of them are very aggravating. I didn't mind the supercharger isolator sounding like a Mach diesel at 1200 miles, but the wheel clicking that just started is going to be fun to remedy, I can tell.
You might be one of the lucky ones that just doesn't have any issues. Wishing you and your car well....

FLTRI
10-29-11, 06:01 PM
Aye, understood.

I hope your issues are resolved quickly, and with as little stress as possible...

neuronbob
10-30-11, 01:19 PM
30,352 miles as of my return from breakfast with the wife and kid today. Nary a creak except from the son's booster seat. Something must be wrong with my car, too. It must have been "extra-special super-duper good build" day at the LGR plant on 3/13/2009 when it was built. Why, oh why did this have to happen to me? :) BTW, you WILL get the wheel clicking eventually, but it's really not a big deal and is easily fixed.

thebigjimsho
11-05-11, 02:43 PM
No wheel click here...

Gary Wells
11-05-11, 08:18 PM
Not everybody gets the wheel click. I suspect that just like everything else, it is a small % of the total cars built that get the click.

mrl859
11-06-11, 01:00 AM
Not everybody gets the wheel click. I suspect that just like everything else, it is a small % of the total cars built that get the click.When you put it that way, I feel privileged to have it.