: 2004 EXT Cargo lites and Vanity mirror lites?

Dif
11-01-04, 01:45 AM
Hello, I'm new here and this seems like the place to be if you own a Cadillac and have questions about it.
I own a 2004 Escalade EXT and was wondering if I'm the only one that has these particulars that I find odd.
First the Vanity mirrors on the Sun Visors only have one setting for the light brightness..
unlike the Avalanche I previously owned which had 3 settings.
Second the Cargo light .. for the fender storage area as well as the bed, is only on the drivers side and not on the side with the spare tire jack which if you get a flat at night you can't see inside to get your jack out.
This I also find odd as .. again... my Avalanche had cargo lights on both sides.
Not to be harsh because I'm a die hard GM person and I love this vehicle and in no way did the Avalanche compare to the EXT in ride or anything else for that matter but considering it's a Cadillac, I feel a bit cheated by these small items that seem to either be left off at the manufacturing level by mistake or to save money in building the vehicle.
I questioned my dealer and called Cadillac Customer service but to no avail as far as info if this is standard or an error in building this one I have.
Any info would be appreciated if anyone else has noticed this on their EXT.
Thanks in advance.
Regards... Frank

T_Dogg8
11-01-04, 08:58 AM
let me guess. your avalanche was an 02, right?

Dif
11-01-04, 10:43 AM
You guessed right.
I presume from your answer the extra cargo light and adjustments for the Vanity mirrors on the 04 EXT were Not left off by mistake.
Thanks.
Regards..Frank

joshuap
11-01-04, 12:07 PM
If you had bought a 2002 EXT you would have received those features...as time goes on those features disappear...be happy you got an 04 instead of an 05 because there was a lot lost in the 05 model....

T_Dogg8
11-01-04, 12:17 PM
You guessed right.
I presume from your answer the extra cargo light and adjustments for the Vanity mirrors on the 04 EXT were Not left off by mistake.
Thanks.
Regards..Frank
you're right. my 02 EXT has all of that and a few other things people complain they don't have. the only thing i've found my 02 doesn't have are, HIDs (which i don't care and could upgrade myself if i wanted) and nav (again, i don't care and could upgade myself. the only thing the newer ones have that i like is the climate control knobs. they were improved in appearance. other than that, i'm thrilled i have an 02.

blingblingcv
11-01-04, 12:25 PM
If you had bought a 2002 EXT you would have received those features...as time goes on those features disappear...be happy you got an 04 instead of an 05 because there was a lot lost in the 05 model....

What did the EXT lose that the 02's have had. I know that they don't have that little pocket in the center console up front.

T_Dogg8
11-01-04, 01:57 PM
lights in the cargo area. light under the hood.