: Placed an order... so how long..

DrVolkl
10-26-11, 06:29 PM
Placed an order for a car to be built on Saturday 10/22/11. So, how long before a VIN pops up in the system? How long after that does it take for a car to show up?? I saw how some people are able to track their cars... how does that work? (will my dealership fill me in on that stuff?)

2012 V Wagon 6spd, loaded with pretty much every option fyi.

adrian-s
10-26-11, 06:43 PM
Placed an order for a car to be built on Saturday 10/22/11. So, how long before a VIN pops up in the system? How long after that does it take for a car to show up?? I saw how some people are able to track their cars... how does that work? (will my dealership fill me in on that stuff?)

2012 V Wagon 6spd, loaded with pretty much every option fyi.

Get the order # from the dealer if you don't have it already, and check out cadillacconnects.com to enter and track it. Those guys are nice, they have tracking and constraint info under the forum area. Recognize it doesn't appear automated. If yours is like mine, which hasn't yet arrived, it appears to be a 6-8wk delivery timeline.

-adrian

DrVolkl
10-26-11, 06:49 PM
6-8wks is a lot less than the "February" date they are guessing at.. are they just trying to not get my hopes up?

I'll ask for an order #.... They said they did it Saturday.... but then again, they said they were going to call me as well. lol

elphil
10-26-11, 07:02 PM
When ordering a V one must have patiences grasshopper.

AMRAAM4
10-26-11, 07:05 PM
When ordering a V one must have patients grasshopper.
You have to be a Dr.?

smackdownCTSV
10-26-11, 07:10 PM
What color did you go with?

needspeed
10-26-11, 07:11 PM
Just to make you feel better, just try to order a Ferrari 458 Spider and maybe you will see it in 2-3 years from now.

Think how tough that must be to have a spare $300k+ to spend on a toy and have to wait that long.

Makes waiting 2-3 months a cakewalk. BTW.....I just placed my order today for a 12 V Coupe in DB and will be happy to get it in December or January.

Good luck to the OP, hope you get your car soon........Steve

JimmyH
10-26-11, 07:42 PM
You have to be a Dr.?

lulz

MotownPimp
10-26-11, 08:08 PM
I'm on the "left coast" (Cali) as well. Ordered in 12-10; car arrived in 2-11.... almost exactly 8 weeks.

I did not try to track the car through the system.

DrVolkl
10-26-11, 08:30 PM
Ok, thanks... makes me feel a bit better.

Ordered a 6spd Wagon, White, recaros, alcantara, sunroof, wood trim, black wheels, yellow calipers.. I think that's everything?

Trading in my 2009 997 Turbo Cab. Sucks... going through a divorce, in need of a bigger car.... this is the best thing out there IMO.

If I get it by january I'll be stoked. I'll be ordering a snow tire package from tirerack if that's the case.

needspeed
10-26-11, 09:16 PM
Ok, thanks... makes me feel a bit better.

Ordered a 6spd Wagon, White, recaros, alcantara, sunroof, wood trim, black wheels, yellow calipers.. I think that's everything?

Trading in my 2009 997 Turbo Cab. Sucks... going through a divorce, in need of a bigger car.... this is the best thing out there IMO.

If I get it by january I'll be stoked. I'll be ordering a snow tire package from tirerack if that's the case.

Divorce does suck, but at least half the money lets you get a V as opposed to a $2K special deal with a 1 day warranty from "Bobs House of Fine Cars (we finance anybody!!!)".

I am having snows installed on delivery, I know I will need them here in the middle of no where Iowa :D ........Steve

SoCalCTSV
10-27-11, 08:43 AM
I ordered Sept 13 from James Quinn and delivery is this weekend.

voltrons_head
10-27-11, 12:11 PM
White with the black wheels was my preference. Sadly I couldn't locate one. Good luck!

needspeed
10-27-11, 01:36 PM
I ordered Sept 13 from James Quinn and delivery is this weekend.

Holy Poop that is fast......You must have caught the build cycle at the perfect time........Have fun......Steve

DrVolkl
10-27-11, 01:52 PM
White with the black wheels was my preference. Sadly I couldn't locate one. Good luck!

Yeah, that's why you have to order it. There are no 6spd wagons in the whole country right now... or at least a week ago, no matter what color you're looking for. (at least this is what the dealership told me) So you have to order and wait... at least I know I'm getting the exact car I wanted. Still waiting to get an order #....

MotownPimp
10-27-11, 03:22 PM
When I was looking for a stick Coupe, the sales guy told there was not a single one in the state. Also, said he had been selling Caddys for 20 years; this would be his 1st stick sale.

At this level/price of car best to order exactly what you want even if there is a wait, imo.

needspeed
10-27-11, 07:49 PM
When I was looking for a stick Coupe, the sales guy told there was not a single one in the state. Also, said he had been selling Caddys for 20 years; this would be his 1st stick sale.

At this level/price of car best to order exactly what you want even if there is a wait, imo.

I have to agree that with a car like this, you should get exactly what you want fresh from the factory. My dealer found the exact spec I ordered at another dealer but I rather wait to get one right from the factory........Steve

DrVolkl
10-27-11, 09:38 PM
I have to agree that with a car like this, you should get exactly what you want fresh from the factory. My dealer found the exact spec I ordered at another dealer but I rather wait to get one right from the factory........Steve

Yeah, I don't mind waiting, I just wish my dealership was better at communication. They were supposed to call me to double check the order last Saturday... they didn't.

Several emails later my sales rep tells me that they did order it. So now I've asked her twice for an order # and I'm getting crickets. I dunno, I'm just hoping this deal is going through, I don't like getting jacked around. If there was a car on the showroom floor I'd be driving it right now. I guess on the flip side I get more time with my 997.

needspeed
10-27-11, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I don't mind waiting, I just wish my dealership was better at communication. They were supposed to call me to double check the order last Saturday... they didn't.

Several emails later my sales rep tells me that they did order it. So now I've asked her twice for an order # and I'm getting crickets. I dunno, I'm just hoping this deal is going through, I don't like getting jacked around. If there was a car on the showroom floor I'd be driving it right now. I guess on the flip side I get more time with my 997.

My dealer told me I would get an order number when GM picks the order up out of the system and that they do it on Wednesdays. We will see next week how it goes, but I know that you need to get a build slot before anything happens. At least that's what my dealer said and they are good folks. I find it interesting how jacked I am about getting the V since I have an X5 M and an F430 just like you have your 997. But sometimes the chase is more exciting then the capture :D......Steve

SoCalCTSV
10-27-11, 10:43 PM
Holy Poop that is fast......You must have caught the build cycle at the perfect time........Have fun......Steve

Nope. There was a Recaro constraint. Im in CA, he is in MI. It's just the fact he is James the MIGHTY Quinn.

DrVolkl
10-28-11, 07:25 PM
My dealer told me I would get an order number when GM picks the order up out of the system and that they do it on Wednesdays. We will see next week how it goes, but I know that you need to get a build slot before anything happens. At least that's what my dealer said and they are good folks. I find it interesting how jacked I am about getting the V since I have an X5 M and an F430 just like you have your 997. But sometimes the chase is more exciting then the capture :D......Steve

Well I have an order code! Now what to do with it? lol I can't believe this is even right? I think my salesgirl is pulling my leg.

Going to connects to check it out...

...oh, it's there... just entered in the system 10-28-11. Weird. Well, now to wait.

needspeed
10-28-11, 08:05 PM
Well I have an order code! Now what to do with it? lol I can't believe this is even right? I think my salesgirl is pulling my leg.

...oh, it's there... just entered in the system 10-28-11. Weird. Well, now to wait.

Cool.....It won't be too long just in time for winter :D.........Steve

RapidRob
10-28-11, 10:48 PM

Congrats! Did you use a local dealer, or order through an out of state dealer?

Rob

junker87
10-29-11, 12:21 AM
Just got my order numer today, James rocks.

DrVolkl
10-29-11, 02:27 AM
Congrats! Did you use a local dealer, or order through an out of state dealer?

Rob

Just went to a local dealer... didn't really know there were other options? I'm trading in my 997 so there probably wasn't any anyhow... :)
I hope this recaro thing doesn't mess things up.

RapidRob
10-29-11, 07:03 PM
Just went to a local dealer... didn't really know there were other options? I'm trading in my 997 so there probably wasn't any anyhow... :)
I hope this recaro thing doesn't mess things up.

Same here - back in late 2008. Went with Doug's in Shoreline because they were a Costco dealership back then. Wasn't very impressed with their sales operation at the time. I use Brotherton for any warranty/service needs now ... but if I were to do it again, I would probably order from one of the out-of-state dealers that provide very good service.

Rob

DrVolkl
11-03-11, 05:26 PM
Might as well post my updates in this thread:

Event Date Event Status
10/25/2011 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
11/02/2011 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.

Any thoughts on how much longer? Will I get it before xmas?!? Again, I was planning on February...

needspeed
11-03-11, 07:33 PM
I called GM yesterday & was told Recaros cannot be ordered again until 11/14.

GM told you wrong in that my order from 10/26 picked up on 11/1 so no parts hold on anything........Steve

MotownPimp
11-03-11, 07:36 PM
Think February; be happy if you have an unexpected great Christmas present. Once it is built it still has to make it across the Country through snow, ice, etc.

DrVolkl
11-03-11, 07:42 PM
Think February; be happy if you have an unexpected great Christmas present. Once it is built it still has to make it across the Country through snow, ice, etc.

Good point... not to mention my sales guy said they close the plants for a few weeks around Christmas. I am getting excited however!

junker87
11-07-11, 01:16 PM
Just got wor that my TPW is 11/28.

DrVolkl
11-17-11, 03:27 PM
Just got wor that my TPW is 11/28.

Just got this update:
11/15/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.

So it's built?! Sitting somewhere waiting to be sent across country to me? That was pretty damn fast. I'm going in Tuesday to trade in my car and do the paper work. I'm pretty stoked.

junker87
11-22-11, 08:42 PM
Just spoke to James Quinn, my Vagon is on the train on its way to Mira Loma. Should get it next week. The lease deal got better with the improved numbers and the additional rebates. James is awesome.

DrVolkl
11-23-11, 12:46 PM
Just spoke to James Quinn, my Vagon is on the train on its way to Mira Loma. Should get it next week. The lease deal got better with the improved numbers and the additional rebates. James is awesome.

Sweet.. I just signed everything and handed over the keys to my 997 yesterday. I'm hoping it's here next week as well!

Ste_V_e
11-25-11, 05:30 AM
Sweet.. I just signed everything and handed over the keys to my 997 yesterday. I'm hoping it's here next week as well!

Do you mind if I ask how much they gave you for your trade and how much you paid for the car? I'm sorta in the same position.
Thanks
-Steve

DrVolkl
11-25-11, 07:23 PM
Do you mind if I ask how much they gave you for your trade and how much you paid for the car? I'm sorta in the same position.
Thanks
-Steve

I agreed to $90k for my 997 and the CTS was $73k. I could have done better selling on my own but with taxes, etc, it comes out so damn close anyhow.