: new GM transaxle, dealer replaced & subsequent complications

misterlac
10-26-11, 01:42 PM
The transaxle, half case seal, and water pump of my lower than average mileage 02 DHS were replaced by a local Cadillac dealer. The trans was replaced with new GM. Since the repair work, I have experienced a significant loss in gas mileage, going from 17 city to approx. 11. The motor has also become extremely noisy. Prior to the service I could stand next to the running engine and seriously be unable to tell it was running. I have returned the vehicle several times and service has not offered a solution. They state that the trans needs to re-adapt to my driving habits over the course of 1000 miles, and have no explanation for the noisy motor. Right now the fuel used read out and trip od read : trip 69 miles, fuel used 7.2 gallons! I would highly appreciate any advice you can provide. Thank you for your time and consideration.

JimmyH
10-26-11, 03:10 PM
for reference, here is his thread in the deville forum

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/243631-new-02-deville-transaxle-gas-mileage.html

misterlac
10-26-11, 11:26 PM
What happened to the reply?

misterlac
10-27-11, 12:22 AM
Thanks anyway. I've already escalated the issue with the dealer at least 4 times since the repair, and heading for a 5th. The vehicle is under a comprehensive extended warranty and a repair warranty. Being unable to find a reasonable solution with service, it seemed, given all the helpful advice provided by all here at cadillacforums, that an outside unbiased opinion could be found. Sorry.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-27-11, 10:39 AM
Misterlac,
Have you contacted GM Customer Assistance reps yet? Do you have a case set up? If so, would you like to give me your case number?
Breanne
Cadillac Csutomer Service