: Looking for thoughts on 2011 black diamond deal

AMRAAM4
10-25-11, 10:56 PM
I hate doing these types of threads, so I'll apologize beforehand:

Long story short, looking to see what you all think of this deal. Background: I almost bought a Thunder Gray 2010 last August but backed out at last second, cold feet I guess. I currently have a 2012 Jeep SRT8 on order, ordered it the third day possible in June. However, production was delayed....they finally started building end of August....the first 150+ units are STILL being held in storage for QC. The few recently released and delivered are showing transfer case problems. So, obviously somethings up. Sooooo, I'm debating not taking mine because it is one of the units being held so far for over a month.

Contacted a dealer a couple hours away about a 2011 Black Diamond sedan. Loaded except for suede. Told him I was looking for a smokin deal and I'd take it off his hands, I know he needs to unload it. He comes back and says he has a deal for me, $63,000 OUT THE DOOR (includes 6% sales tax and $300 title/reg), so that is approx. $59,100 for the car. Yep, there's a but.......it was the former owners car, never titled so still "new"......has 4,795 miles on it and the owner added a "performance exhaust". I asked what kind and he said he would have to look it up.

I initially passed, but thought I would bounce it off you guys here as I just read even more issues regarding the Jeep. I have not seen the V in person but the pics online show a "new" looking car as far as cleanliness in and out.

smackdownCTSV
10-25-11, 11:24 PM
If you can work off a few more K, then...

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/164429_o.gif

GM-4-LIFE
10-25-11, 11:28 PM
Not a bad deal on a $70K+ car!

ReaperV
10-25-11, 11:48 PM
at 5k miles it is no longer a demo car and basically becomes a used car. 63k out the door seems like a decent deal though. if it was me I'd offer $60k out the door to try to close at $61k. Has the car been serviced? how are the tires? any nics, scratches, etc.?

AMRAAM4
10-25-11, 11:59 PM
yeah guys, I'm not buying the "it's still new" comment. I know it hasn't been titled/registered, but I thought there was still a limit on mileage. Not to mention I don't see my bank offering the New car rate for the amount I'd finance when I tell them about the 4800 miles.

In addition to price, what do you all think about the 4800 miles + exhaust, would you trust?

velopod
10-26-11, 12:40 AM
something doesn't quite add up with the never titled comment ...

Your story sounds quite familiar though! I also ordered a 2012 Jeep SRT-8 the day the order banks opened in June ... and I just took delivery of my 2012 CTS-V Black Diamond wagon TODAY! Have to thank the inept tarts at Chrysler for driving me to this wonderful piece of machinery.

AMRAAM4
10-26-11, 12:51 AM
something doesn't quite add up with the never titled comment ...

Your story sounds quite familiar though! I also ordered a 2012 Jeep SRT-8 the day the order banks opened in June ... and I just took delivery of my 2012 CTS-V Black Diamond wagon TODAY! Have to thank the inept tarts at Chrysler for driving me to this wonderful piece of machinery.

as for titling, the dealer myself and my bro-in-law use to work for, the owner did this all of the time. In fact, he had multiple Vipers and they were all listed under the dealership. The owner most likely drove this under a dealer tag/insurance, so no, it has never been titled or registered. But like I said, I thought there was still a limit on mileage for being called new/used because I recall the sales peoples demos being pulled after so many miles.

As for the Jeep, yeah, the huge price increase over the last model was quite the kick in the balls. I don't like it, but it is now the price + mechanical issues that are beginning to make me apprehensive.

smackdownCTSV
10-26-11, 10:53 AM
They mean "new" since you can finance as new and the warranty would start the day you own it. You're pretty much saving about $6k over brand new, dealer invoice on black diamond with all the options minus suede is $65.5k, so that's up to you. When I was looking, one local dealer was selling for around $64k, about $1500 under invoice. Now they are selling "used" 2011s with 6k miles for $56k and $59k. Granted they are wagons, but they are loaded with the black wheels, recaro, and suede, one is manual and the other is automatic. I saw a loaded 2011 sell on ebay for $57.5K. Hence why I said work off a few more K.

AMRAAM4
10-26-11, 05:19 PM
They mean "new" since you can finance as new and the warranty would start the day you own it. You're pretty much saving about $6k over brand new, dealer invoice on black diamond with all the options minus suede is $65.5k, so that's up to you. When I was looking, one local dealer was selling for around $64k, about $1500 under invoice. Now they are selling "used" 2011s with 6k miles for $56k and $59k. Granted they are wagons, but they are loaded with the black wheels, recaro, and suede, one is manual and the other is automatic. I saw a loaded 2011 sell on ebay for $57.5K. Hence why I said work off a few more K.
my info is showing dealer invoice is no where near $65.5k. Showing $68,300, GM Employee price is only $68,000. But there is $5000 additional rebate for GM Employee's. So that makes it $63,000. I find it hard to believe used 2011's are going for $1-2k more than used 2010's, but who knows. I guess I the $59,100 price they are giving it to me for is a very good deal. Just not sure how much I trust the mileage and exhaust put on it so far.

smackdownCTSV
10-26-11, 05:47 PM
What info is that? GM Employee pricing is BS! I fell for that "you pay what we pay" - never again! Only go off true invoice pricing.
Invoice is $58,307, $1,012 sunroof, $4,268 black diamond, $875 dest., and $1,300 GGT.
Not very hard to believe at all!
http://www.blasiuschevycadillac.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Cadillac-CTS_V_Wagon-CTS_V_Wagon-WATERBURY-CT/1357525363
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-Cadillac-CTS-V-Sedan-Navigation-Recaro-Seats-Fl-/180738515460

AMRAAM4
10-26-11, 06:19 PM
What info is that? GM Employee pricing is BS! I fell for that "you pay what we pay" - never again! Only go off true invoice pricing.
Invoice is $58,307, $1,012 sunroof, $4,268 black diamond, $875 dest., and $1,300 GGT.
Not very hard to believe at all!
http://www.blasiuschevycadillac.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Cadillac-CTS_V_Wagon-CTS_V_Wagon-WATERBURY-CT/1357525363
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-Cadillac-CTS-V-Sedan-Navigation-Recaro-Seats-Fl-/180738515460

Uhmmm, OK. Only been doing GM Option I / GMS for 30+ years. And the GGT is $2600, non-negotiable, thus invoice according to your numbers is $67,062.

smackdownCTSV
10-26-11, 07:08 PM
You didn't specify auto or manual, but there you go.