: dash kits other then Metra anyone els make a Double din ?

ThumperPup
10-24-11, 09:41 PM
Ok so all i have been able to find is the Metra Double Din kit for the 98-04 seville

and i don't like it
just doesn't look right

does anyone know anyone els that has a Double din kit for our 98-04 sevilles ?

i have checked american international and Scoche and neither of them make one

01ssreda4
11-13-11, 03:22 AM
What is it you don't like about it? I would suggest wrapping it with some nice material to make it appear more factory.

ThumperPup
11-13-11, 04:56 PM
I don't care about the color the look of it looks nice the quality is pure crap i think
and the shape they make it
i just don't like the rounded face they do in the only kit they make

and the quality well it sucks
i was at best buy today and just for the hell of it asked the install guy he said that out of most of the installs he does
the Seville and Eldorado are the ones he has the most trouble installing they never look right even the instructions that come with the kits on wich taps to cut and and are wrong
and the Hvack and radio are never flush like they should be one side is always sticking out or the havac controls are always gapped with a big gap between the Hvac assembly and the radio
i know i went threw 3 Metra Kits of the 95-2005B kits and each one came out looking like crap

Chuckrice85
03-07-12, 08:08 PM
i know this is an old thread, but did anyone ever find a better kit? I have the metra kit with my alpine w505 and it has the gap between the HVAC controls and the bracket at the top makes my fascia pop off if i hit a bump hard enough. And honestly I've never seen a write up for the proper way to make the cuts behind the dash so it doesn't stick it out (which it does and its ugly).