: Cadillac CTS-V of the Month - October - Submit your photos (first generation only)

Lord Cadillac
10-24-11, 02:37 PM
The rules:

- Submit your best 3 images in a SINGLE post. We don't want your first two images on page 1 and your best image on page 67.
- We're voting on your vehicle. In other words, no women in bathing suits to influence votes. Don't toe the line.
- Previous winners from the past 12 months are prohibited. Let's give other owners a chance. You've already had your "glory". :o
- Provide information on the vehicle including modifications whether for appearance of performance.

Ready? Set? Go!

Black Sunshine
10-26-11, 06:49 AM
Guess I'll start this off.

My 2005 CTS-V. "The Don". Currently @ 204,890 miles on the road and >60 gallons of Mobil One (so far) since in service late 2006.

Mechanical Mods: Kooks headers w/ Jet Hot "Chrome" coating, hi-flow cats, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Creative Steel engine mounts, RPM Stage V Tremec, LS7 flywheel/clutch, UUC short shift kit w/ UUC bushings, RPM Getrag rear end w/ custom springs, Corvette clutches, 3.42 gears, Hawk brake pads, Stainless brake lines, Cadillac Racing sway bars w/ end links, QA1 shocks, GC coilovers, Suspension settings designed by Andy Pilgrim, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires 245 Frnt, 275 RR. 1.21 maximum G's with street tires.

Cosmetics: V2 shift knob, CTS arm rest, V floor mats frnt/rr/trunk, Pedal covers, Skull grille badge (Pirate's Moto), Upgraded lights, STS-V fog light assy, Clear front fender lights, Corvette FRC's, Radiator cover signed by Andy Pilgrim

I'm sure I've forgotten some things.

Here's the best high res pics I can find:

The beginning of my V insanity just after bringing him home from the dealer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/CTSVDaBigHouse11_10_06Small127.jpg

On bizness driving thru Kentucky.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/The Don/100_1401-1.jpg

A quick stop by the Silver Dome while taking a breather from the Woodward Cruise In this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/The Don/DSCN1969-1.jpg

A special thanks to all the fine folks on this forum, Luke @ Lindsay and RPM for helping me keep this monster on the road.

hXc95SLS
10-26-11, 01:26 PM
I figured I'll put my V in the ring. Not a lot if mods done to it (yet). I remember the first time I saw a V series. It was the first year the came out at the NY autoshow. I said right then and there one day I would own one. I picked her up three years ago. I was only 19 and have been paying for it every month on my own, two spells of unemployment and all. Only about three months after purchase I slammed into a curb at 45 mph with the right front wheel. Pushing the passenger fender into the door(couldn't open the door) ripped the control arm out of the subframe, twisted the steering rack and tie rod like a pretzel. Did all the work myself to get her road worthy again. Last november the oil pump gave out of the blue once again leading me into a labor of love. Anywho list of mods;
CS motor and trans mounts
PISSINUOFF short shifter
CAGS
DRL delete
Clear fogs w/ 6k 55w HIDS
Paint tinted reverse and third brake lights
Painted stock wheels
Drilled and slotted rotors
Bridgestone Potenza RE11s
Muffler delete

PS: I figured I'd include some carnage pics so show you guys just how far she has come.

RippyPartsDept
10-29-11, 03:19 PM
c'mon guys !

crankedupforit
10-30-11, 04:39 PM
I wanna see Lunarx car this month>.

vcaddy06
10-30-11, 07:02 PM
Don't have alot of exterior work done to it yet, but it's a work in progress. Just got the grill done, and next to come is the clear (or tinted) DTR lights and smoked or clear side markers. What do you guys think?

Lord Cadillac
11-01-11, 11:47 AM
Poll added. Vote!

alradco
11-04-11, 12:02 AM
the first picture of "The Don" is very cool. Nice pic.

Peter

Black Sunshine
11-22-11, 07:32 AM
Thanks, Peter.

Wow, a whopping 9 votes in a month. Guess I should skip the car shows and stick to road courses. )

JimmyH
11-23-11, 07:35 PM
Sorry guys. Due to lack of interest, and Sal's lack of time, car of the month has been concluded until further notice.