: Stock V's in South Florida

TMC CL65
10-24-11, 12:53 PM
Is anyone with a stock V in South Florida interested in going heads up against a stock GT-R at PBIR. I got into a discussion on NAGTROC (GT-R forum) with another GT-R owner (a former CTS-V owner and member here). He believes that on the same day...and same track... his stock GT-R will trap 5+mph higher than a stock CTS-V. I pointed out that some stock CTS-V's are trapping 118+mph in optimal conditions. so the race wouldn't be about ETs (as we all know the GT-R will easily win that battle) but strictly about the differential in trap speed. This is all about good fun and seeing real world results head to head. Any takers?

Tom

nsaness
10-24-11, 01:02 PM
I have not seen a stock CTS-V trap at 118. This sounds too high. Certainly neither one of my CTS-V's could trap above 114 mph (in stock form). Yesterday, admittedly, I had a bad run at E-town and trapped 110. While I screwed up the run, I still don't know if I could have seen any more than 112 without the mistake. I think your giving the V too much credit. IMO, these two cars are apples and oranges.

TMC CL65
10-24-11, 01:05 PM
Maybe I am. But there are 5 stock V's that have trapped 118+mph that have posted on here or on dragtimes. Admittedly, the weather was pretty optimal for most of those runs.

Tom

LitiGATOR
10-24-11, 03:38 PM
I'm not stock, but I am in South Florida, and my brother has a GTR, which isn't stock either. We ran a couple times at PBIR this past Friday. All he has done is an X-pipe and tune, he was trapping 127+ with horrible track prep (anyone there on Friday can confirm how bad it was). I was trapping ~ 117 in those conditions. Obviously it's not an apples-to-apples comparison, but those GTRs are ridiculous. There were five or six GTRs there on Friday, some of them stock, including Clint's (vapordoc), who I believe is the person you're trying to bet with. He was there Friday too, and I don't know what he was running, but probably close to 120 trap, if not higher. He's bone stock and has a '10 GTR (I think). The '12 GTRs are faster.

nsaness
10-24-11, 03:44 PM
Hey thats cool, Dragtimes is mostly reliable. For me, I would hate to admit I am such a crappy driver (with my slow trap speeds), so I would want to see a "stock" 118 trap before I could truly believe.

JOEYCTS-V
10-24-11, 05:15 PM
I trapped 119 w/ just a CAI. How much could I have possibly gained with the filter setup without a tune? 118 is possible with good weather.

nsaness
10-24-11, 06:48 PM
Hi JOEYCTS-V, you are not truly stock, but that is VERY impressive! Did you ever try your car bone "stock"?
I am really surprised, you are the third "intake only" I have seen with such high traps. In my past cars I always thought of the intake as a cheap/ and low return type of mod. I am sold now. Can I ask what brand intake you have? PM me if you are afraid of advertising for a particular vendor. I need a mod like this :)

smackdownCTSV
10-24-11, 06:57 PM
Trapping 118 is what Cadillac rates it in the quarter mile. There are 4 here that trapped over 118 bone stock. http://home.comcast.net/~gnxs/Images/ctsv_et_mod_list.jpg

smackdownCTSV
10-24-11, 06:59 PM
I trapped 119 w/ just a CAI. How much could I have possibly gained with the filter setup without a tune? 118 is possible with good weather.

That -1700 DA must have been Atco.

smackdownCTSV
10-24-11, 07:03 PM
If I remember correctly, he stated he was running a W4M CAI. It looks like the New Era without the premium price tag.

JOEYCTS-V
10-24-11, 07:59 PM
Yes, it was at atco and yes it was the wait4me intake. If I had to do it again I would go with the New Era. The mount for the MAF wasn't a perfect fit and still don't believe it's sitting in there properly. If you also remember I had a problem with the nipple on the hump hose being too short. I made a post w/ pics and tried contacting Jesse but didn't get anywhere. I never ran the car bone stock and I regret it. I may have had one of the fattest stock V's. Don't think you will run 119 with just an intake. You have to know how to drive. ;).

TMC CL65
10-24-11, 08:11 PM
I'm not stock, but I am in South Florida, and my brother has a GTR, which isn't stock either. We ran a couple times at PBIR this past Friday. All he has done is an X-pipe and tune, he was trapping 127+ with horrible track prep (anyone there on Friday can confirm how bad it was). I was trapping ~ 117 in those conditions. Obviously it's not an apples-to-apples comparison, but those GTRs are ridiculous. There were five or six GTRs there on Friday, some of them stock, including Clint's (vapordoc), who I believe is the person you're trying to bet with. He was there Friday too, and I don't know what he was running, but probably close to 120 trap, if not higher. He's bone stock and has a '10 GTR (I think). The '12 GTRs are faster.

There is no "betting" going on...just an academic test seeing how close the stock cars are respectively.

Tom

nsaness
10-25-11, 02:45 PM
You have to know how to drive. ;).

ouch.