: Hands free Nav question

xchief
10-24-11, 09:37 AM
From what I read in the owners nav book, you can hands free put in a destination by
1. hit speaker button on steering wheel
2. Say "Destination "
system then should ask if correct State (like NY, NJ etc)
then City
then Street
etc.....

When I do that , after saying destination the system says there is no
detination downloaded and returns to main menu....
Sounds like it is linked to onstar ??

tlaverty
10-24-11, 11:50 AM
It's not clear from the owners manual, but the speaker 'handsfree' button has 2 modes, onstar and vehicle. If you hit the button quickly you're talking to the onstar system (just as if you've hit the phone button on the mirror, IIRC). Press it and hold it for a second or so before releasing and then you will be talking to the vehicle and can use the handsfree commands in the manual. This is on our 2012 perf. model (nav).

xchief
10-24-11, 01:47 PM
Thanks, I will give that a try . Sure sounds like my problem.
Its amazing how much stuff is not in the manuals or even very clear.
Thanks again.

frankrizzo135
10-26-11, 06:46 PM
I when out to my SRX after reading your situation. I have been using it with no problems. So for what is was worth I pushed the button on the steering wheel with the Nav . screen in the down position and said "destination" I got the response that you got. So I put the screen up with the Nav screen display and pushed the button ,said "destination" and the voice said what city. So I guess and answer to your question is that the screen has to be up showing the Nav. screen.

sube5186
10-26-11, 10:51 PM
I when out to my SRX after reading your situation. I have been using it with no problems. So for what is was worth I pushed the button on the steering wheel with the Nav . screen in the down position and said "destination" I got the response that you got. So I put the screen up with the Nav screen display and pushed the button ,said "destination" and the voice said what city. So I guess and answer to your question is that the screen has to be up showing the Nav. screen.

That's actually pretty ingenious. When the screen is down the system assumes you're using OnStar. Kudos to the design team on that one.

Sube