: TCC Solenoid In Car Replacement

Ranger
10-23-11, 08:20 PM
Courtesy of Oldfart

http://youtu.be/gtOvzj4rEBE

bigtone
10-30-11, 07:48 AM
This video is great. I have done 2 TCC replacements using his method. The only things I did different was that I did not loosen the pass side motor mount, tilting the engine really did not add any more room. The other thing I did when it was apart was to slightly 'trim' the bracket which runs from the drivers side motor mount to the trans case. I took about 3/16" from the thickness where the upper bolt runs thru. Then I shortened the bolt around 1/4". The greatly aided reassembly, and will aid disassembly if you ever have to take it off again.

undertaker0231
12-01-11, 12:11 AM
this job took me one week in my garage and all i have to say is i will never ever no matter how much somebody pays me or offers me to do this ever do it again. a complete nightmare.

crystal8569
03-15-14, 07:15 PM
Agree, doing this now. Hairpin clip fell inside transaxle case and we can't find it! ! Next time we drive w/ the dang light on. 10 hr nightmare about describes it, my dad hsd been a mechanic for 40 yrs and he's having a hard time! !! Uncle uncle!

jeffdm64
07-13-14, 11:35 AM
Video is very helpful. We are working on changing the solenoid currently and having trouble with trans mount bolt and the upper motor mount bolt. Any suggestions on how to remove these? Or if the trans mount bolt does need to be removed? Thanks.

Submariner409
07-13-14, 12:02 PM
Post #2.